• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

I'm getting the New 3DS of course.. probably going to be the XL as I already have the original model which is small. Maybe if the New 3DS was released worldwide last year I'd have it instead of my Wii U. *laughs*

inb4 @ Soul. Soul. says something about 3DS successor.
hi i want nintendo to talk about the 3ds' successor already. i mean that thing will be 5 years old by 2016, which is enough for them to announce the new handheld, release it, and let the 3ds co-exist with the new handheld for a while.
also i hope by then a new handheld smash is in consideration :troll:

I assume you mean stages like Galaxy Tours and Yoshi's Island, which haven't been changed since 2010 at least, and not the onces they've been updating?

And that's exactly the issue.

Link, Ness, and Mewtwo are even taken directly from SSF2's alpha-planning stages.
Pretty much. I assume you're talking about Yoshi's Story (Melee) since that one is actually in SSF2. I think Battlefield, Final Destination and Smashville also look dull. If they were upgraded, they would look much better. SSF2's Battlefield is a custom one made by them whereas Final Destination is just the Brawl version. I think they should have their own FD, but that's for another story.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
But he's 17 so....
Oh and happy birthday @ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂
Tanks :139:
@ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂
Here's your "Daily" Pester, annoyance, poke, prod, repeated REMINDER about the prank thing.
I AM STILL DOING THAT THING WE DO.
Eventually :143:
No.
It's just that he said that I would be next.
And now I'm making sure that he's committed to following through with his threats and/or promises.
Just for the Hell of it.
Being pranked doesn't really make you important.
Just look at @Space Stranger:troll:
I'm not sorry Mr. STRAAAAAAAAAAAANjuh
Also, I've got to find a second person to prank eventually

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's a laptop nub basically, not a stick, anyways, that's for Smash 3DS though. Smash Wii U all day everyday.
Well either way it wouldn't hurt to have it.

I suppose, but what exclusive titles is it going to get before we move into the next generation of handheld Nintendo consoles? Aside from Xenoblade, which I already own...
Your guess is as good as mine.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
SSF2 DOES look rather dull, to the point of driving me away out of boredom. But this menu theme just keeps bringing me back:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
hi i want nintendo to talk about the 3ds' successor already. i mean that thing will be 5 years old by 2016, which is enough for them to announce the new handheld, release it, and let the 3ds co-exist with the new handheld for a while.

Pretty much. I assume you're talking about Yoshi's Story (Melee) since that one is actually in SSF2. I think Battlefield, Final Destination and Smashville also look dull. If they were upgraded, they would look much better. SSF2's Battlefield is a custom one made by them whereas Final Destination is just the Brawl version. I think they should have their own FD, but that's for another story.
I'm talking about the other Yoshi's Island. The one with the rotating platforms.

Battlefield, though? That one was literally just updated...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Too bad, I sprited them already. (2+ years ago) They look awful.

Not sure if they can chain grab or not.

Really on the fence about New 3DS. Any of you getting it?

If we had gotten the New 3DS last year like Japan and Australia there would have been a bit more time at least, but since I suspect a 3DS successor is coming in 2016 this is a really short stopgap measure I think. I've only ever used one 3DS since launch year though and I share it with a family member. Xenoblade and apparently something special with Majora's Mask 3D also....

I'd be so on-board for this if it happened in NA though:

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/0...ndo-3ds-ambassador-edition-to-select-members/
After my old one dies, sure Ill get one I could care less about limited editions

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Morbid, you've literally liked every post on the previous page except your own and the one about Olimar's sprites in smash crusade. XD

Last edited:

Soul.

I'm talking about the other Yoshi's Island. The one with the rotating platforms.

Battlefield, though? That one was literally just updated...
They updated Battlefield? Oh. I didn't know.
The new Yoshi's Island looks cool but honestly I'd like it if they had this one:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

There is an original Yoshi's Island stage in SSF2.

I think the SSF2 devs are going to add their own FD.
I think Smashville needs its background changed and backgorund characters added.

SSF2 DOES look rather dull, to the point of driving me away out of boredom. But this menu theme just keeps bringing me back:

Eh, I don't really find SSF2 dull looking at all. Then again they have gone for a Brawl look and coloured characters accordingly to match its style.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Why do I still feel personally attacked when SSF2 comes under fire? I haven't even touched it in a while due to it not having With Anyone play...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Why do I still feel personally attacked when SSF2 comes under fire? I haven't even touched it in a while due to it not having With Anyone play...
I've just started downloading the latest version because of this current discussion.
I haven't played it in a while because I've either been busy or I've had SSB4 to play.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Were we ever given a deadline for SSF2 v1.0? I feel like we were at some point....
If we were it was either:
  • Some time in the future
  • Or its been delayed for at least 3 months at least 3 times

Last edited:

Soul.

There is an original Yoshi's Island stage in SSF2.

I think the SSF2 devs are going to add their own FD.
I think Smashville needs its background changed and backgorund characters added.

Eh, I don't really find SSF2 dull looking at all. Then again they have gone for a Brawl look and coloured characters accordingly to match its style.
I dunno. Maybe SSF2 looks dull because it tries to look like Brawl. Perhaps if it "looked" like Smash 4 in some way it would no longer be dull, although this is probably up in the air. Eh.

D

Deleted member

I assume you mean stages like Galaxy Tours and Yoshi's Island, which haven't been changed since 2010 at least, and not the onces they've been updating?

And that's exactly the issue.

Link, Ness, and Mewtwo are even taken directly from SSF2's alpha-planning stages.
They should take their time and develop the new sprites for the characters. I'm just saying it could look more.. uh.. original if that's the word, if they did it.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
My mamma done told me
When I was in pigtails
My mamma done told me
"Hon, a man is a two-face
He'll give you the big eye
And when the sweet talking's done
A man is a two-face
A worrisome thing who'll leave you to sing
The blues in the night"

I... Love... Blues... *dies from sensory overload and respawns*. Blues in the Night, folks. Blues. In. The. Night.

SSB-related: I think I ****** someone off by accident. I think he might have been a tryhard Marth or something and I won the match as WFT. I think it was mostly through the Assist Trophy on For Fun. Yeah... Rage quitting on For Glory is sad and all, but understandable, but rage quitting on a mode where no records are being kept is kind of... even more sad. That or he had to leave. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I dunno. Maybe SSF2 looks dull because it tries to look like Brawl. Perhaps if it "looked" like Smash 4 in some way it would no longer be dull, although this is probably up in the air. Eh.
Everything looks dull compared to SSB4. Brawl is a grainy black and white compared to the colours of the Wii U game.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
My mamma done told me
When I was in pigtails
My mamma done told me
A man is a two-face
The blues in the night"

I... Love... Blues... *dies from sensory overload and respawns*. Blues in the Night, folks. Blues. In. The. Night.

SSB-related: I think I ****** someone off by accident. I think he might have been a tryhard Marth or something and I won the match as WFT. I think it was mostly through the Assist Trophy on For Fun. Yeah... Rage quitting on For Glory is sad and all, but understandable, but rage quitting on a mode where no records are being kept is kind of... even more sad. That or he had to leave. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that.
I can't say I'm proud of the amount of online matches I've ragequit...

(I lost count at somewhere around 50.)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Were we ever given a deadline for SSF2 v1.0? I feel like we were at some point....
I hope that the game would finally be finished in a year or so so that we can see the entire unlockable roster. While the anime representation is decent and all, Luffy is still missing and his addition alone would complete the Weekly Shonen Jump representation. I know that one of the spriters, Damien, is a HUGE One Piece fan and he might be nice enough to promote him from expansion to unlockable like what Stump Lark had done for Bomberman in the past.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
My mamma done told me
When I was in pigtails
My mamma done told me
A man is a two-face
The blues in the night"

Ragequitting For Fun? Seriously?

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Everything looks dull compared to SSB4. Brawl is a grainy black and white compared to the colours of the Wii U game.
Brawl looks dull and too detailed IMO. When I tried looking at N64 graphics and comparing to Wii U graphics, the N64 hasn't age at all.. Same goes to NES and today's 2D games.

R0Y

Smash Master

Well, DSi aside, being a stopgap like the New 3DS, the original DS lasted from September 2004 until March 2011(January in Japam) without a sucessor, and the Wii from November 2006 until November 2012. Each defied the usual 5 year cycle, as did the 360, PS3, and PSP. I think longer generations will be a thing now, especially with Japan burning out on real gaming.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I can't say I'm proud of the amount of online matches I've ragequit...

(I lost count at somewhere around 50.)
Eh, you're human, it happens.

Ragequitting For Fun? Seriously?
That or he really needed to go. If ya know what I mean. :p

Seriously though, people will rage quit over anything. A speedrunner rage quitting is really understandable and is even more so if it's like done for charity. That's like, "I failed you all". Now, I wouldn't be surprised if people rage quitted... Charades or rock-paper-scissors.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Well, I have stuff to do. Notably eat and sleep. Goodnight, everybody! Thanks for all the fun :D

R0Y

Smash Master
I have a 100 percent win rate in For Glory!

i've played 1 match

Soul.

Well, DSi aside, being a stopgap like the New 3DS, the original DS lasted from September 2004 until March 2011(January in Japam) without a sucessor, and the Wii from November 2006 until November 2012. Each defied the usual 5 year cycle, as did the 360, PS3, and PSP. I think longer generations will be a thing now, especially with Japan burning out on real gaming.
Do you think that if this generation was long, like really long, would we have another Smash on the same system? For example, Smash Wii U is released 6 years ago, they plan on making a new Smash. Nintendo still hasn't released their next console. I dunno what would happen lol.
I'm aware about that happening in Japan. Ugh, mobile gaming.

D

Deleted member

Lol I know right? Brawl's realistic look gives me headaches; Smash 4's colors are better. Sakurai and co. probably made Brawl like that in purpose.. maybe to differentiate it from Melee I guess? Both were running in similar hardware (Melee = GameCube / Brawl = Wii) and the CPU and GPU are very similar between the two. Meh, I don't think it has to do with the hardware though.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Brawl looks dull and too detailed IMO. When I tried looking at N64 graphics and comparing to Wii U graphics, the N64 hasn't age at all.. Same goes to NES and today's 2D games.
I was really impressed by the realistic approach Brawl took. Although I feel each game has had its graphics age accordingly.
I was initially hoping SSB4 would take a similar approach with detailed graphics but I think the vivid colours have impressed me more than a Brawl approach would have.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I hope that the game would finally be finished in a year or so so that we can see the entire unlockable roster. While the anime representation is decent and all, Luffy is still missing and his addition alone would complete the Weekly Shonen Jump representation. I know that one of the spriters, Damien, is a HUGE One Piece fan and he might be nice enough to promote him from expansion to unlockable like what Stump Lark had done for Bomberman in the past.
I can tell you right now that Luffy's not coming. Goku, Naruto, and Ichigo are only still in because they were already programmed. Grandfather clause. They're trying to cut down on the anime.

The Exploding Tag item (from Naruto) was even removed at the insistence of developer TSON.

R0Y

Smash Master
Do you think that if this generation was long, like really long, would we have another Smash on the same system? For example, Smash Wii U is released 6 years ago, they plan on making a new Smash. Nintendo still hasn't released their next console. I dunno what would happen lol.
I'm aware about that happening in Japan. Ugh, mobile gaming.
I hope not. Not expecting a new Smash from Sakurai ever and I can't see Wii U lasting much beyond this year. It's only saving grace in sales is fans buying A LOT of first-party software, and 3DS isn't doing too hot either and sells fewer games per system sold.

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
My online matches in a nutshell

>Joins a For fun match, commutation error at the middle of the match

I hate my wireless connection.. Well, time to find a router for wired Ethernet.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
SSF2 is quite fun, imo. I really like doing Turbo mode in it, especially with special matches on. The last time I played it I think it was September

Anyways, I just realized.... This...

IS... MY....

2000TH POST on the Boards :lol:. Guess I'm a Smash Champion now. Going to miss the Lord status though :sadeyes:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Update on my stolen items case: Police were supposed to interview my younger brother a couple days ago. They haven't done ANYTHING on the case even though they have 8 names and numbers for potential suspects...

Soul.

I hope not. Not expecting a new Smash from Sakurai ever and I can't see Wii U lasting much beyond this year. It's only saving grace in sales is fans buying A LOT of first-party software, and 3DS isn't doing too hot either and sells fewer games per system sold.
Well, since the 3DS will be 4 years old by March, Nintendo can start giving more details about their next handheld in late 2015 and release it in 2016, although again, up in the air. Consoles are always released a year after handhelds unless I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom