• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Change the topic, now.
Sorry. I was just being disturbed by old TV shows. Then my vindictiveness towards comments I've seen on and off ages ago sidetracked things. Again. And led me to completely forget why I was bringing up the show in the first place.
Question:
I'm one of the only player that use the wii u gamepad as controller. My question is: What happens if 2 people meet up in a tournament with that controller, like lets say APEX? The wii u can only accept 1 of these afaik. So what happens ? How do we play our match ? We need to go online and play on different consoles ?
I don't think the gamepad is tournament legal anyway.
So...um...who likes ice cream cake? I know I do.
It melts way too fast for me. I don't eat cake very fast.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Question:
I'm one of the only player that use the wii u gamepad as controller. My question is: What happens if 2 people meet up in a tournament with that controller, like lets say APEX? The wii u can only accept 1 of these afaik. So what happens ? How do we play our match ? We need to go online and play on different consoles ?
I'd be surprised if the Gamepad was allowed. Wavebird GC controllers are banned for possible interference issues, and the inability to have multiple Gamepads on one console kind of kills it.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Just a question, are you begging him to prank you so that you can feel important?
No.
It's just that he said that I would be next.
And now I'm making sure that he's committed to following through with his threats and/or promises.
Just for the Hell of it.
Being pranked doesn't really make you important.
Just look at @ Space Stranger Space Stranger :troll:
I'm not sorry Mr. STRAAAAAAAAAAAANjuh

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Congratulations!

You have just unleashed hell!
Windows 8 and 8.1 use that theme (The Windows 7 / Vista Basic theme) in disguise. You might see the theme in the OS is different and it's just Metro, but after you go full screen mode on a video or whatever, as the browser reverts from that mode to the normal mode, the OS quickly goes and uses the Basic theme for 1 second or less, only to go back to the Metro one. :troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
Did the definition of "decade" change from 10 years to 24 in the last fifteen minutes? Reubens' arrest was in '91.
I was not necessarily alluding to Reuben's arrest in that context, I was implying that it is impossible for everyone to be aware of the sheer amount of arrests in America. No arrest is common knowledge, or if it was, it does not stay common knowledge for long.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Question:
The gamepad got banned at apex...

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I was not necessarily alluding to Reuben's arrest in that context, I was implying that it is impossible for everyone to be aware of the sheer amount of arrests in America. No arrest is common knowledge, or if it was, it does not stay common knowledge for long.
Given that I even have to be reminded of even major legal scandals that nobody would shut up about a couple years ago, I see what you mean.

No, I can't give examples. Nobody's reminded me of them, and that wasn't an invitation.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
No.
It's just that he said that I would be next.
And now I'm making sure that he's committed to following through with his threats and/or promises.
Just for the Hell of it.
Being pranked doesn't really make you important.
Just look at @ Space Stranger Space Stranger :troll:
I'm not sorry Mr. STRAAAAAAAAAAAANjuh

This is how you treat me!? For shame Blarghaginshmargin, for shame.

D

Deleted member

Lol, not this. Please no. I've had enough of chain grabs. Their hammer doesn't make sense either.
joke
Too bad, I sprited them already. (2+ years ago) They look awful.

Not sure if they can chain grab or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Too bad, I sprited them already. They look awful.

I'll say it again - Crusade is a graphical train wreck. I could take it so much more seriously if they just repaired the graphics.

How do you guys prepare your toast in the morning?
Anyone wanna play some 3ds matches?
Anyone wanna light some matches and burn the houses of your enemies?
To prepare toast, first I put a loaf of bread in the house of my enemy...

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
How do you guys prepare your toast in the morning?
Anyone wanna play some 3ds matches?
Anyone wanna light some matches and burn the houses of your enemies?
I prepare my toast with honey butter and jam. Really good way to start the day. And a Dr. Pepper, which is my substitute for coffee.

D

Deleted member

I'll say it again - Crusade is a graphical train wreck. I could take it so much more seriously if they just repaired the graphics.
Even though I'm a piss poor spriter, I know from experience that one does not simply "just repair the graphics."

Morbi

Scavenger
Lol, not this. Please no. I've had enough of chain grabs. Their hammer doesn't make sense either.
joke
Chain-grabbing is lame; nothing beats the salt of the wobble. Nothing produces more "johns," nothing pisses off more players, nothing pisses off more viewers, nothing gets so many great players to denounce a competitive technique that only works if they were being predictable.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

This is how you treat me!? For shame Blarghaginshmargin, for shame.
Hmph. You didn't even try to spell my name correctly...
TWO CAN PLAY AT THAAAAAAAT GAME, MR. SPAYARCETHIMERNINENUQIW STRENRAHOOGJIYTZIRTEXER.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Even though I'm a piss poor spriter, I know from experience that one does not simply "just repair the graphics."
"Completely overhaul from scratch" would be the better word. It's got good ideas going for it, but it looks and feels just cobbled together.
The menu revamp's a nice START, but...

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
H
I prepare my toast with honey butter and jam. Really good way to start the day. And a Dr. Pepper, which is my substitute for coffee.
Hm. Caffine.
Caffine and I have a strange relationship.
It makes me sleepy.
No I'm serious.
I don't know why.

Soul.

Too bad, I sprited them already. (2+ years ago) They look awful.

The sprites aren't bad, but if both Crusade and Smash Flash 2 had their graphics upgraded they would be better.
Seriously, Pikachu looks dull in SSF2.

Morbi

Scavenger
Hmph. You didn't even try to spell my name correctly...
TWO CAN PLAY AT THAAAAAAAT GAME, MR. SPAYARCETHIMERNINENUQIW STRENRAHOOGJIYTZIRTEXER.
The difference is that "space" and "stranger" are both real words. "Breg999" is not a word and there are many confusing numbers after your alleged name.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
The sprites aren't bad, but if both Crusade and Smash Flash 2 had their graphics upgraded they would be better.
I don't pay attention to Pikachu much period, but you have a point there... At least SSF2 makes an effort to continually update at least a few characters at a time with each update. Pikachu's probably not far behind.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Maybe we should all just go back and play Melee. :troll:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
*wipes brow* just finished a guide. I kinda have fun writing them. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

D

Deleted member

"Completely overhaul from scratch" would be the better word. It's got good ideas going for it, but it looks and feels just cobbled together.
The menu revamp's a nice START, but...
Last I checked, they were aiming for a complete overhaul. The big issue is that because so many characters are of questionable quality, it would take a long time to fix them all. It takes a while to make a good sprite, and even longer to make a good animation. One of the few animations I made that I am still sort of proud of took a few days to make. Every character required something like 50 animations. Multiply that by the number of characters that need fixing, and that's a LOT of work. If they could wave their magic wand and fix everything, they would, but game development is not that easy. There have been a few resprites recently (Ryu, Chun-Li, Mario, Luigi, and Geno I think) but again, that's 5 out of a huge amount of characters.

The sprites aren't bad

That's a lie and you know it. Olimar is just downright terrible. The base is fine, but his animations are so bad. Animation quality ranges from "mediocre" to "my god why the hell did "BluePsychic" think that was okay."

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
The difference is that "space" and "stranger" are both real words. "Breg999" is not a word and there are many confusing numbers after your alleged name.
"Breg999"
Many confusing numbers.
Hast thou not played and/or beaten Super Mario World?
And I didn't know that the number 888 was that complicated.
Okay, "Breg999" made me laugh a little.

Morbi

Scavenger
*wipes brow* just finished a guide. I kinda have fun writing them. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?
I was wondering until you specifically asked whether or not anyone was wondering. You are trying to bait out a response such as, "yeah, what are you talking about, what is so interesting that you could not tell us about it in the post where you bring it up?" However, you are just going to get a post that does not address your thirst. Instead, I will tell YOU about a guide that I just finished. Care to read about it?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Last I checked, they were aiming for a complete overhaul. The big issue is that because so many characters are of questionable quality, it would take a long time to fix them all. It takes a while to make a good sprite, and even longer to make a good animation. One of the few animations I made that I am still sort of proud of took a few days to make. Every character required something like 50 animations. Multiply that by the number of characters that need fixing, and that's a LOT of work. If they could wave their magic wand and fix everything, they would, but game development is not that easy. There have been a few resprites recently (Ryu, Chun-Li, Mario, Luigi, and Geno I think) but again, that's 5 out of a huge amount of characters.

That's a lie and you know it. Olimar is just downright terrible. The base is fine, but his animations are so bad.
So they do have it in the cards? Good. I was worried for a sec that they just plain didn't care.

I wonder if they'll update :4duckhunt:'s moveset to match canon... He was my Crusade main pre-SSB4, but I like his canon incarnation even better.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
I was wondering until you specifically asked whether or not anyone was wondering. You are trying to bait out a response such as, "yeah, what are you talking about, what is so interesting that you could not tell us about it in the post where you bring it up?" However, you are just going to get a post that does not address your thirst. Instead, I will tell YOU about a guide that I just finished. Care to read about it?
Yes, I would like to read your guide and address your thirst, thus being the bigger man :p

Soul.

I don't pay attention to Pikachu much period, but you have a point there... At least SSF2 makes an effort to continually update at least a few characters at a time with each update. Pikachu's probably not far behind.
Well, they made Mario's new sprite from scratch, right? It's an improvement compared to his previous Super Mario World sprite. Maybe if they used this Pikachu sprite as a base...

Looks much more vivid compared to the one in SSF2. Of course they would have to resize it and all, but yeah. It's just what I think. That Pikachu sprite is one of the good ones I've seen.
Let's just say SSF2 needs an upgrade in general. Even the stages look dull. Crusade needs an upgrade as well.

That's a lie and you know it. Olimar is just downright terrible. The base is fine, but his animations are so bad.
I'm being generous. They're good at least in that version of Crusade lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To prepare toast, first I put a loaf of bread in the house of my enemy...
Unlike SSF2, the graphics aren't unified and don't match the game. It's like they're taken from other games (which they are for the most part) and changed them up to match the gameplay of Smash Bros..

R0Y

Smash Master
Really on the fence about New 3DS. Any of you getting it?

If we had gotten the New 3DS last year like Japan and Australia there would have been a bit more time at least, but since I suspect a 3DS successor is coming in 2016 this is a really short stopgap measure I think. I've only ever used one 3DS since launch year though and I share it with a family member. Xenoblade and apparently something special with Majora's Mask 3D also....

I'd be so on-board for this if it happened in NA though:

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/0...ndo-3ds-ambassador-edition-to-select-members/

D

Deleted member

So they do have it in the cards? Good. I was worried for a sec that they just plain didn't care.

I wonder if they'll update :4duckhunt:'s moveset to match canon... He was my Crusade main pre-SSB4, but I like his canon incarnation even better.
I have no idea if they will. I would really like them to update Little Mac and Pac-man, but again, it'll require redoing almost the entire character so that the animations match. They did take some of Mega Man's Smash 4 moves when they redid him though.

I'm being generous.
That's what I thought. Stuff like this:

Is not good by any definition. Why did I ever think this was okay ;__;

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well, they made Mario's new sprite from scratch, right? It's an improvement compared to his previous Super Mario World sprite. Maybe if they used this Pikachu sprite as a base...

Looks much more vivid compared to the one in SSF2. Of course they would have to resize it and all, but yeah. It's just what I think. That Pikachu sprite is one of the good ones I've seen.
Let's just say SSF2 needs an upgrade in general. Even the stages look dull.

The recent updates have seen huge improvements in the stages, granted not all of them but the ones that have look pretty good imo.

Morbi

Scavenger
I have no idea if they will. I would really like them to update Little Mac and Pac-man, but again, it'll require redoing almost the entire character so that the animations match. They did take some of Mega Man's Smash 4 moves when they redid him though.

That's what I thought. Stuff like this:

Is not good by any definition.
I am no sprite-ologist; however, I did actually enjoy your sprites. Truly. I am usually quite honest and I thought they were nice, but again, I have no seen many sprites and I am not a sprite enthusiast. Nor do I drink the beverage, "Sprite." That Olimar is good by my definition.

D

Deleted member

If we had gotten the New 3DS last year like Japan and Australia there would have been a bit more time at least, but since I suspect a 3DS successor is coming in 2016 this is a really short stopgap measure I think. I've only ever used one 3DS since launch year though and I share it with a family member. Xenoblade and apparently something special with Majora's Mask 3D also....

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/0...ndo-3ds-ambassador-edition-to-select-members/
I'm getting the New 3DS of course.. probably going to be the XL as I already have the original model which is small. Maybe if the New 3DS was released worldwide last year I'd have it instead of my Wii U. *laughs*

inb4 @ Soul. Soul. says something about 3DS successor.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

Let's just say SSF2 needs an upgrade in general. Even the stages look dull.

I assume you mean stages like Galaxy Tours and Yoshi's Island, which haven't been changed since 2010 at least, and not the onces they've been updating?

Unlike SSF2, the graphics aren't unified and don't match the game. It's like they're taken from other games (which they are for the most part) and changed them up to match the gameplay of Smash Bros..
And that's exactly the issue.

Link, Ness, and Mewtwo are even taken directly from SSF2's alpha-planning stages.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996

Just recently got a 3DS XL, so not likely. I'm probs just gonna stick with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom