• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Really though (Megas XLR for @ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon )
and of course their subtle jabs at MTV (which I can't find on YT right now)
I guess they canceled it cause the jokes were "too obscure" for some people. :c

Last edited:

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
No talk about Megas XLR tho? I like Billy and Mandy and Foster's and Chowder as much as the next guy but Megas XLR was such an overlooked treasure and they scrapped that for stuff like [spit] JOHNNY FREAKING TEST.

Steven Universe is pretty enjoyable though. The fact that it's made by CN's first female cartoonist (afaik) is a plus.
Megas XLR was just awesome. It made fun of all the mecha anime like Gundam and Voltron, without being just that. They had their own dilemmas and I liked all the characters in it.

Steven Universe, I will admit, is actually good.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
@ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon EW DEAR GOD THOSE TWO SHOWS DISGUST ME >_>

@ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ Newer cartoons today are so bad. Like, when I see new cartoons trying to be funny, I just shake my head and go "No."
Well they were made for a different age group.
But then again, kids these days sweet jebus I sound old watch LPs and crap like Uncle Grandpa religiously
Steven Universe, Adventure Time and Regular Show are pretty good I guess, I haven't really watched cartoons in a while

Last edited:

Soul.

Hey, hey... XY is a really good series. It actually fixed up everything wrong with BW.
It is? I hope I'm wrong but it's....meh, I was going to talk about something and then don't know what to say.
Forced shipping is pointless and you know it. I'm calling it right now, Serena is going to say goodbye to Ash in the last episode of the X/Y series in general and Ash will forget about her, going back to Kanto with Pikachu preparing for the next region.

D

Deleted member

@ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ Newer cartoons today are so bad. Like, when I see new cartoons trying to be funny, I just shake my head and go "No."
I no longer watch TV shows as much as I did before. If it's about cartoons, the problem is even worse. Old ones are better, for sure, but I'm not a fan of those either. Maybe the new cartoons are being aimed at tweens and that's why they are meh.

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
It is? I hope I'm wrong but it's....meh, I was going to talk about something and then don't know what to say.
Forced shipping is pointless and you know it. I'm calling it right now, Serena is going to say goodbye to Ash in the last episode of the X/Y series in general and Ash will forget about her, going back to Kanto with Pikachu preparing for the next region.
Technically you could say that for all the other shippings: pointless. Ash will forever be 10 and just keep going on with his life. It's just a thing some people want to do for fun. I don't take it seriously at all.

D

Deleted member

I no longer watch TV shows as much as I did before. If it's about cartoons, the problem is even worse. Old ones are better, for sure, but I'm not a fan of those either. Maybe the new cartoons are being aimed at tweens and that's why they are meh.
I don't even watch TV much anymore. It just got boring overall tbh. And I don't even have that many channels to watch cause my family switched to Comcast and it's that crappy kind of Comcast >->

Soul.

Technically you could say that for all the other shippings: pointless. Ash will forever be 10 and just keep going on with his life. It's just a thing some people want to do for fun. I don't take it seriously at all.
I don't take it seriously at all either. I don't even watch it anymore.
I'm just saying the shipping is pointless to me because the season will end eventually. Now watch as I'm wrong and Serena comes back in the next region.

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
I don't even watch TV much anymore. It just got boring overall tbh. And I don't even have that many channels to watch cause my family switched to Comcast and it's that crappy kind of Comcast >->
Ew, you mean the one that basically rules over your area with an iron fist and there's no alternative? Ew. They're the worst.

The only time I ever watch TV is when Doctor Who is on.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'll be honest, it isn't really them shipping in general that gets to me. I could care less what they do with their main characters. It's just how contrived they made it (to the point where they'll retcon, which already goes into fanfic territory) in order for the two to have "chemistry". And it doesn't help that Serena doesn't have much other than "girlfriend".

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
As a shipper myself, there are some things about other shippers that annoys me greatly. Namely, when a ship isn't canon but its shippers attack others for not shipping it and insist their ship is canon. Particularly for same-sex ships (moreso with two guys, especially when one of the guys canonically ends up with a girl).

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Oh hello there. How are you all ?
Me ? I'm fine, still progressing my ideas for my manga, even at school.
Also found this :

Knock Knock it's Knuckles, magical black coat holder & @ Knuckles the Knuckles Knuckles the Knuckles . & Knuckles.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry about that. Back to reply.. indeed. He never grows up.

Hey, on the bright side of things, you at least have this following emblem on Comcast's logo, which symbolizes false pride, because of their soon to be expanded dong monopoly with Time Warner Cable's merger.

:troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Sooo...I'm having a bit of a creep issue at the moment..so how are all you doing
You can try closing off your profile to only people you follow, and hiding your online status.
It's what I did *shrugs* all else fails, talk to a mod
Your Icon make me want to get an Okamiden icon
It keeps coming out blurry when I make it my icon :( but thanks

Soul.

I'll admit, shipping is good and all, but it's just not my thing. Pokémon shipping, for example, is mostly found in Serebii's forums / Bulbapedia's. The rest...I don't know. Smash shipping is meh, and to me, it's all about theorizing.
It's part of why I stopped watching the Pokémon anime altogether, starting the moment they first aired B/W. So yeah. Last time I watched the Pokémon anime was when D/P ended.

Last edited:

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
As a shipper myself, there are some things about other shippers that annoys me greatly. Namely, when a ship isn't canon but its shippers attack others for not shipping it and insist their ship is canon. Particularly for same-sex ships (moreso with two guys, especially when one of the guys canonically ends up with a girl).
One of my friends left Tumblr because she found so many people giving her flak on her liking a certain shipping. They were all anonymous and I told her to just disable anonymous questioning, but she thought it wasn't worth it and left. Some shippers can be really hostile when they're under anonymity.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
One of my friends left Tumblr because she found so many people giving her flak on her liking a certain shipping. They were all anonymous and I told her to just disable anonymous questioning, but she thought it wasn't worth it and left. Some shippers can be really hostile when they're under anonymity.
OH MY GOD I had to go through something similar that also started on Tumblr under similar circumstances to those. They even threatened to hack my old DeviantArt ;-; it was horrifying

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
OH MY GOD I had to go through something similar that also started on Tumblr under similar circumstances to those. They even threatened to hack my old DeviantArt ;-; it was horrifying
Some people will take it to the extreme. It's horrendous.

Hey. HEY. DON'T HATE ON FED EX. WHAT DID FED EX EVER DO TO YOU?
They throw my stuff all the time!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom