• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I don't even know what's happening. Is there a Knuckles attack on the Zelda thread or something ?
Cauz' if it's that, then I have the perfect image for that :
Attack on Knuckles.png
Bootleg Attack On Knuckles feat. The Legend of Zelda. The booziest of anime bootlegs.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
There's nobody here.
Did they really all went on the Zelda thread just to troll or some stuff ? I'm confused. :luigimelee:

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830
Good morning all, I'm back from the tournament and well rested! Commentary took a lot out of me, 2-3 hours of nonstop talking can really mess with your throat.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Why is that place so popular anyway.
I don't know, I think they wanted to troll it or some stuff like this.
I'm confused since I was sleeping during that time.

Anyway, I've watched the second episode of Kill la Kill. They introduced Gooseman-I mean Aikuro a little bit more. Also tennis and sex jokes about the outfits. And dictatorship with clothes that give surhuman powers. Yeah, I don't know either. But it's cool, since it has good fights, though they are a little bit confusing at times. But it's good.
I'll keep saying this : they are the same, both in personality and looks.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Good morning all, I'm back from the tournament and well rested! Commentary took a lot out of me, 2-3 hours of nonstop talking can really mess with your throat.
What characters won and runner-uppéd? I don't pay much attention to tourney progress.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Why is that place so popular anyway.
I don't know, I think they wanted to troll it or some stuff like this.
I'm confused since I was sleeping during that time.

Anyway, I've watched the second episode of Kill la Kill. They introduced Gooseman-I mean Aikuro a little bit more. Also tennis and sex jokes about the outfits. And dictatorship with clothes that give surhuman powers. Yeah, I don't know either. But it's cool, since it has good fights, though they are a little bit confusing at times. But it's good.
I'll keep saying this : they are the same, both in personality and looks.
Because FalKoopa

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830
What characters won and runner-uppéd? I don't pay much attention to tourney progress.
I was commentating Melee, didn't enter Sm4sh. There was a lot of drama with Sm4sh since top players were trying to steal a win/ money away from the best Mii Brawler in America because the rules changed right after doubles was over, banning Mii Brawler. I think some Diddy won.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I was commentating Melee, didn't enter Sm4sh. There was a lot of drama with Sm4sh since top players were trying to steal a win/ money away from the best Mii Brawler in America because the rules changed right after doubles was over, banning Mii Brawler. I think some Diddy won.
The Mii :4miibrawl: ? Why is he so controversial in Smash 4 with :4diddy:? Everytime there's a Diddy winning a tournament, people will always say that they only played him for winning money or some stuff like this. But why the Mii Brawler ?

I should start playing Melee or Project M. I mostly want to play Project M, but there's still no Pal release for the 3.5. I want to main :mario2: and :warioc: in this, plz.

Losho

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheLosho
3DS FC
3883-7759-0830
The Mii :4miibrawl: ? Why is he so controversial in Smash 4 with :4diddy:? Everytime there's a Diddy winning a tournament, people will always say that they only played him for winning money or some stuff like this. But why the Mii Brawler ?

I should start playing Melee or Project M. I mostly want to play Project M, but there's still no Pal release for the 3.5. I want to main :mario2: and :warioc: in this, plz.
I'm not fiending to get angry about this, and start a ruckus... But basically they were saying that 2222 was banned since Apex changed their rules to 1111, saying that 2222 being allowed would lead to a slippery slop of other mains asking for customs to be allowed. And then pro players (I'm not going to say names but basically all the top Diddys in the tristate.) wanted their money back because the Mii Brawler got 3rd in teams, they also wanted him to not get paid for his winning, saying that Mii Brawler was broken and they lost unfairly. It lead to the Mii Brawler dropping out of the tournament for singles, aswell as many other players dropping out of Melee because they saw how unfair it all was.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I'm not fiending to get angry about this, and start a ruckus... But basically they were saying that 2222 was banned since Apex changed their rules to 1111, saying that 2222 being allowed would lead to a slippery slop of other mains asking for customs to be allowed. And then pro players (I'm not going to say names but basically all the top Diddys in the tristate.) wanted their money back because the Mii Brawler got 3rd in teams, they also wanted him to not get paid for his winning, saying that Mii Brawler was broken and they lost unfairly.

The Mii Brawler. Broken. Jesus, before it was :4littlemac:, then :rosalina:, today :4diddy: and now the Mii :4miibrawl: ?
Where is he broken ? And mostly : just for money ? Sweet baby Jesus this looks dumb. I hate those types of players who only cares about money. And some very well known Smash players does that (one in particular that receives a lot of hate for maining a monkey).

I don't know. I don't even know the rules of Apex. Can't they just have fun and not care about there little prices ? No, let's create noises about a Mii Brawler. Yeah, great.

NidoMay

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4897-6023-8031
Shield's don't come up instantly. There's a brief window before the character enters the stance and the bubble comes up. My guess is that you're just not getting it soon enough, or you're just trying to press it the split instance that you would be attacked, like a parry mechanic.

EDIT: If you think it's a particular button malfunctioning, you can re-assign Shield to a different button and try that.
Just sparring right now, had a moment where a shield just came up and I still got hit by Kirby's smash. And no the shield wasn't depleted at all.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Just sparring right now, had a moment where a shield just came up and I still got hit by Kirby's smash. And no the shield wasn't depleted at all.
If your shield HP is low, the bubble will decrease and you risk getting shield poked. Is this happening?

I hate those types of players who only cares about money. And some very well known Smash players does that (one in particular that receives a lot of hate for maining a monkey).
Players who only care about money? Who the actual **** picks up playing Smash to make money?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Wow man, sorry to hear that. Those criminals should pay for their actions. Did you try calling Nintendo support and tell them about it so that they could send you one for free?
I called and asked if they had warranty for that. They told me I have to purchase it separately for $100. I think I'll wait to see if there's progress on the case. If not, I'd expect my younger brother to pay for it since he owes my sister-in-law a new Macbook.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
You'd be suprised what people do as theyr main income source. Some of them talk to themselves loudly while playing video games!
The point isn't what they do for their main source of income. This isn't about streamers. It's about the ridiculous idea that there are top-level Super Smash Bros. professionals that "only cares about money." For the amount of work they would have to put in to reach top-level status, there's hardly any money to be made and a lot of money to shell out in the process. Only a passion for the game will allow them to reach that a point where they might make as much as some people making $12/h.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
The point isn't what they do with their main source of income. This isn't about streamers. It's about the ridiculous idea that there are top-level Super Smash Bros. professionals that "only cares about money." For the amount of work they would have to put in to reach top-level status, there's hardly any money to be made and a lot of money to shell out in the process. Only a passion for the game will allow them to reach that a point where they might make as much as some people making $12/h.
Well they obviously dont care ONLY about money, but I doubt there isnt at least few people whos main motivation for getting that good is the premise of $$$.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Well they obviously dont care ONLY about money, but I doubt there isnt at least few people whos main motivation for getting that good is the premise of $$$.
Well, who doesn't love the idea of making money from playing video games?

Just look at all the reviewers, Youtubers and Twitchers.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
If your shield HP is low, the bubble will decrease and you risk getting shield poked. Is this happening?

Players who only care about money? Who the actual **** picks up playing Smash to make money?
I can think of a few. Not naming names, but they rhyme with "TewKooMing" and "Bungryhox".

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I don't know. They play for fun, but when there's a prize behind, suddenly they'll make everything to get it. Thus, tournaments in Smash 4 are filled with :4diddy: because he's top tier.

I shouldn't have started this, it's not going to end well. I only had to listen I guess. *Insert a Ron Paul meme here*

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I can think of a few. Not naming names, but they rhyme with "TewKooMing" and "Bungryhox".
Completely false. Read what I said again:

Never mind that there are plenty of videos with Mew2King enjoying himself, like the recent video by ZeRo showing Jason getting Falcon Punched 3 times in a row.

Just because people also play for the money doesn't mean that's their only motivation.

@ S Strofirko some "lads" are just too dense.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I don't know. They play for fun, but when there's a prize behind, suddenly they'll make everything to get it. Thus, tournaments in Smash 4 are filled with :4diddy: because he's top tier.

I shouldn't have started this, it's not going to end well. I only had to listen I guess. *Insert a Ron Paul meme here*
If people are aware of a winning strategy, most people will copy each other to exploit that strategy. It's human nature to out-best other people by any means necessary.

We're very prideful creatures, and we lose confidence if we don't win at life enough.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Completely false. Read what I said again:

Never mind that there are plenty of videos with Mew2King enjoying himself, like the recent video by ZeRo showing Jason getting Falcon Punched 3 times in a row.

Just because people also play for the money doesn't mean that's their only motivation.

@ S Strofirko some "lads" are just too dense.
I guess despite considering myself competitive, I give the top Melee players all the respect they deserve.

I'm not fiending to get angry about this, and start a ruckus... But basically they were saying that 2222 was banned since Apex changed their rules to 1111, saying that 2222 being allowed would lead to a slippery slop of other mains asking for customs to be allowed. And then pro players (I'm not going to say names but basically all the top Diddys in the tristate.) wanted their money back because the Mii Brawler got 3rd in teams, they also wanted him to not get paid for his winning, saying that Mii Brawler was broken and they lost unfairly. It lead to the Mii Brawler dropping out of the tournament for singles, aswell as many other players dropping out of Melee because they saw how unfair it all was.
Anyway, I guess this means that anybody who ever lost to :foxmelee::marthmelee::metaknight: should get refunded as well, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom