• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
*Adds JamesDNaux to ignore list*
Damn, that was hardcore. Instead of just putting him on ignore... you told us that you put him on ignore. That was spiteful, you wanted him to feel the dagger that was your action. You wanted everyone to know that you are the better man, that you are willing to just walk away (but not before issuing provocation though). You are so cool, sempai. Please teach me how to be so edgy!

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Damn, that was hardcore. Instead of just putting him on ignore... you told us that you put him on ignore. That was spiteful, you wanted him to feel the dagger that was your action. You wanted everyone to know that you are the better man, that you are willing to just walk away (but not before issuing provocation though). You are so cool, sempai. Please teach me how to be so edgy!
Well it's hard to get a reaction from him if he doesn't know he was ignored to begin with.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Second, the main appeal of horror films is, you know, getting scared, not watching people get cut to pieces by Jason Voorhees or tossed in a blender.
Tell that to the directors that keep putting in sex scenes.

I didn't say it was a perfect example, I just used it to show that fiction is a different beast than real life.

If I were to give a better example, it'd be pretty inappropriate.
Well it's hard to get a reaction from him if he doesn't know he was ignored to begin with.
If he actually ignored me, that's pretty depressing.

I just want friends, not enemies.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
The first step is to main :4darkpit:...

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
"They want to play with my emeralds..." I always wondered about the line. Double entendre?
I think it is and it explains why Sonic Adventure 2 is rated T. Yeah, Knuckles the Knuckles & Knuckles wants that bat. :p

Just my two cents: Not a fan of lolis. I like women, not little girls. The fact it's even a thing baffles me.
Is there seriously a convention for it?
Yo, you think different, coo'.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
is it bad that i can't tell the difference between ganondorf's colors? they all look the same so if i switch colors i can't even remember what his original looks like lmao

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I didn't say it was a perfect example, I just used it to show that fiction is a different beast than real life.
It's still a really poor and broad comparison. Comparing a fetish to an entire genre of cinema...

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
is it bad that i can't tell the difference between ganondorf's colors? they all look the same so if i switch colors i can't even remember what his original looks like lmao
Nah, I can only differentiate the white haired and blue skinned ones.

Morbi

Scavenger

To be fair, Kenith is incorrect. Horror enthusiasts do not watch horror movies to "get scared." First of all, very few horror movies are actually scary; secondly, if you are familiar with horror, you are not prone to getting scared either. Horror movies are more about tension than scares, but people do not watch the movies to "feel the tension." Sex scenes are important to horror movies as most admire them for being low budget movies that are merely meant to entertain and produce content that is not limited by the confines established by Hollywood... that involves dismemberment by hillbillies. The horror movies that are not slashers are even worse because you have a decadent demon corroding your very existence. That is much more metal than a torture scene if you ask me. Supernatural horror is still about watching people suffer.

D

Deleted member

The timing is perfect, I just picked it up from the mailbox. There's online multiplayer on Bayo 2, I googled for HW and it doesn't have.
Oh, really? That's cool. HW would be cool with online I admit, having played it on a Wii U demo unit in November, I really liked the game but I don't think I'll buy it.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
All this debating and ignoring going on and I just sitting here blasting some ****ing metal. \m/

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It's still a really poor and broad comparison. Comparing a fetish to an entire genre of cinema...
It is an adequate comparison, murder in a movie is socially acceptable, no one makes a big deal about it, actual murder is clearly very, very wrong. Maybe a better example is GTA, the act of murdering people in that game is a conscious choice of the player, but surely the player would be appalled by the thought of actually performing such a thing outside of a video game.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It is an adequate comparison, murder in a movie is socially acceptable, no one makes a big deal about it, actual murder is clearly very, very wrong. Maybe a better example is GTA, the act of murdering people in that game is a conscious choice of the player, but surely the player would be appalled by the thought of actually performing such a thing outside of a video game.
Yeah, comparing it to GTA is probably a better comparison.
Of course, I hate GTA way more than sexual fetishes so there's that.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Yeah, comparing it to GTA is probably a better comparison.
Of course, I hate GTA way more than sexual fetishes so there's that.
I hate a lot of things, but I don't hate people that enjoy them, or attempt to force my own opinion onto them and make them stop.

Come to think of it, I always did love driving around in GTA, but I hate actually driving in real life.

To reiterate the point, enjoying something in fiction =/= enjoying it in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom