• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Why do I prefer the music from Brawl ? I dunno, they feel more epic than Smash 4 in general for me. But that's just my opinion.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ugh someone put me out of my misery this pain on my hip is too much ;A;

I can't even lie down right now cause I gotta watch over dad and aunt till mom gets home...whyyyy

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Give those gifs a context. :p

And sir, you're straddling the line... :evil:

I see. Well, how well does Ganondorf + high power equipment fare?
Basically, I've been using customised sets of any character that has even the slightest chance of powering through. Vampire Badge + High Defense.

I tried using Ness and his PK Fire and PK Thunder. They both do their job, but he gets thrown around like a rubber ball, and his recovery move is risky.

Ganondorf has the power, but his mobility is slow as hell, so if I'm stuck in a crowd of enemy AI, I'm most likely screwed.

King Dedede is similar to Ganondorf, but he seems to be the most triumphating so far. He's got the recovery, the power, the Gordo, and that fat a** holding him down as long as he can. He's the only one who got closest to beating the challenge, and then I messed up on Master Fortress.

It's really just trial and error for me now. I want to get this one out the way. It's taking over my mind and body to beat it. D:

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Basically, I've been using customised sets of any character that has even the slightest chance of powering through. Vampire Badge + High Defense.

I tried using Ness and his PK Fire and PK Thunder. They both do their job, but he gets thrown around like a rubber ball, and his recovery move is risky.

Ganondorf has the power, but his mobility is slow as hell, so if I'm stuck in a crowd of enemy AI, I'm most likely screwed.

King Dedede is similar to Ganondorf, but he seems to be the most triumphating so far. He's got the recovery, the power, the Gordo, and that fat a** holding him down as long as he can. He's the only one who got closest to beating the challenge, and then I messed up on Master Fortress.

It's really just trial and error for me now. I want to get this one out the way. It's taking over my mind and body to beat it. D:
Have you tried with Ike? I know he doesn't have any ranged attacks but I usually do pretty well with him.

To be honest, I forgot equipment existed. I only use custom moves and practiced with them until they were banned

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Have you tried with Ike? I know he doesn't have any ranged attacks but I usually do pretty well with him.
ECH. I don't like Ike. I don't like Ike.

His attacks lag compared to Dedede, and I don't trust his recovery moves. He's got power, but I don't trust him enough to use him.

If I can't get anywhere, I may end up using the Home Run Bat setup. (Temporary Invincibility + Home Run Bat.) I don't think that's a good idea for Classic, though.

T

Trick or Treat

ECH. I don't like Ike. I don't like Ike.

His attacks lag compared to Dedede, and I don't trust his recovery moves. He's got power, but I don't trust him enough to use him.

If I can't get anywhere, I may end up using the Home Run Bat setup. (Temporary Invincibility + Home Run Bat.) I don't think that's a good idea for Classic, though.
You can use that? I could've sworn I tried using a character with the Home Run Bat set up and it didn't work in Classic. I could be mistaken though.

I haven't actually tried Dedede in any of the single player modes yet. I've always just used Ike as my powerhouse.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
You can use that? I could've sworn I tried using a character with the Home Run Bat set up and it didn't work in Classic. I could be mistaken though.

I haven't actually tried Dedede in any of the single player modes yet. I've always just used Ike as my powerhouse.
Dedede is dope. He can knock you out just by crashing down on you.

And that hammer? MMMMM~ <3

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm recovering from a total nervous breakdown I had earlier this week, unrelated to anything on this site or Smash. Anyone have any advice? It was two days ago, but I'm still all shaken-up.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I'm recovering from a total nervous breakdown I had earlier this week, unrelated to anything on this site or Smash. Anyone have any advice? It was two days ago, but I'm still all shaken-up.
Yesterday, during the night, I went in a depressive breakdown due to stress and anger. Things from my past depression came back this night and hit me like a truck. I'm better now, but I'm still scared of myself now.
The mind can be weird sometimes.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I've had near-anxiety attacks the past few years, particularly when faced with the memory of an event that makes me ashamed, or seeing a person online that I've had a falling out with. Don't get me started on reading old conversations of former friends, I will start to panic. In fact, last week a lady who makes some certain food for mom called. And she had the exact same name as my former friend. Of course it wasn't the former friend's number but my heart was pounding when I picked the phone up. Luckily my fear wasn't realized.

I just wanna be free of all my anxiety...

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Yesterday, during the night, I went in a depressive breakdown due to stress and anger. Things from my past depression came back this night and hit me like a truck. I'm better now, but I'm still scared of myself now.
Tell me about it. I'm really scared about this one because I threatened someone else during it. I'm terrified that I'm going to end up hurting or killing myself or someone else.
I've had near-anxiety attacks the past few years, particularly when faced with the memory of an event that makes me ashamed, or seeing a person online that I've had a falling out with. Don't get me started on reading old conversations of former friends, I will start to panic. In fact, last week a lady who makes some certain food for mom called. And she had the exact same name as my former friend. Of course it wasn't the former friend's number but my heart was pounding when I picked the phone up. Luckily my fear wasn't realized.

I just wanna be free of all my anxiety...
Things like that have been the source of some pretty bad panics for me, too...

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I swear, my phone is on constant Crashboards mode.

In other news, I'm finally trying out a text color now and it feels good.

Basically, I'm really feeling it.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Tell me about it. I'm really scared about this one because I threatened someone else during it. I'm terrified that I'm going to end up hurting or killing myself or someone else.
Well it's not like it was a big breakdown, but it was still scary for me.
So, yesterday, my parents cut out my internet connexion. I was pissed off, since I was playing online on my 3DS. But suddenly, my mind went nuts : thinking about how my depression affected me, how it changed me, how horrible I was now just because of a broken love. And I just started crying, endlessly, with my mind bursting out all of those horrible memories. But I did calm myself by simply writing down all of my feelings on one page. There's a poem and a bunch of words such as "Alone" or "Obsession" and even "Love". After I calm down, I went to sleep.

Those breakdowns scares me. It shows how my mind can turn crazy. And it's horrifying.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Stay strong dude. I sometimes get depressed during nights, probably nothing compared to what you go through, but all you gotta remember is that its nothing but chemical imbalance. Everything will eventually work itself out, just dont overthink stuff, thats important to keep in mind. Get some fruit, try to get your mind off of stuff by watching movies or playing games and you'l be good.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well it's not like it was a big breakdown, but it was still scary for me.
So, yesterday, my parents cut out my internet connexion. I was pissed off, since I was playing online on my 3DS. But suddenly, my mind went nuts : thinking about how my depression affected me, how it changed me, how horrible I was now just because of a broken love. And I just started crying, endlessly, with my mind bursting out all of those horrible memories. But I did calm myself by simply writing down all of my feelings on one page. There's a poem and a bunch of words such as "Alone" or "Obsession" and even "Love". After I calm down, I went to sleep.

Those breakdowns scares me. It shows how my mind can turn crazy. And it's horrifying.

If that was me , you of been getting texts saying that Im going to kill myself. Im not good at handling depression with my ADHD so when I get stressed and depressed I get stressed and depressed. There was one time I took the max 6 pills for Tylenol and started to take more. I also took a knife from the kitchen one and pff yeah

I'll shut up, this isnt about me

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Stay strong dude. I sometimes get depressed during nights, probably nothing compared to what you go through, but all you gotta remember is that its nothing but chemical imbalance. Everything will eventually work itself out, just dont overthink stuff, thats important to keep in mind. Get some fruit, try to get your mind off of stuff by watching movies or playing games and you'l be good.
Thanks dude. I appreciate that.

If that was me , you of been getting texts saying that Im going to kill myself. Im not good at handling depression with my ADHD so when I get stressed and depressed I get stressed and depressed. There was one time I took the max 6 pills for Tylenol and started to take more. I also took a knife from the kitchen one and pff yeah
I'll shut up, this isnt about me *poof*
I'm not that extreme, but I know people that have been this extreme.
My life ain't pretty, just like Chaplin. But I try to just smile and cheer up. But sometimes, too much stress and sadness breaks my mind.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
But sometimes, too much stress and sadness breaks my mind.
Thats basically me on the daily. I have to remind myself that my gf put me on suicide watch because one time I stopped eating for a week, took about 9 Tylenol and then went to bed shaking, sweating and not being able to breath

Twas a..good night

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
Why did Sakurai have to block off the hardest challenges from being hammered. He damn well KNOWS it'll take us days to beat it.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Why did Sakurai have to block off the hardest challenges from being hammered. He damn well KNOWS it'll take us days to beat it.
Why did he have to make so many Cruel Smash challenges? I'm terribad in that mode.
'Survive 1 minute as Luigi.'
'8 KOs as Lucina.'
'4 KOs as Pit.'

Hahahaha, yeah, no, let's not.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Lucina one took a little but its doable. You just gotta be cheap as heck and remember that the Miis have almost no recovery, so go crazy with grabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom