• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That's only a part of my reasons. What I like about the gameplay is basically how tense I get when I'm playing the game. Gameplay is general is straight forward imo
That's why I can never play it. I've played games that are just as scary but don't make me rage or want to punch a hole through my monitor.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Speaking of which, Reviewtech did an episode where he tried to get what was so good about FNAF by having his 12 year old brother explain it to him

and he compared it to Night Trap

Last edited:
That's why I can never play it. I've played games that are just as scary but don't make me rage or want to punch a hole through my monitor.
There aren't much horror games that I know that give me a run for my money which makes FnaF a lot more interesting and engaging

Fatal Frame is one of my favorite horror franchises ever but even I know it's not that difficult unless you run on Nightmare/Fatal difficulty. Resident Evil isn't scary at all. Silent Hill isn't that difficult

Was actually the prime example I was going to pull up.
I know a lot of people found Resident Evil to be scary. I don't know. I wasn't really feeling it.

Regarding Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2 and 3 were my favorite because it really felt like a zombie outbreak. The setting is what made me like the games mostly along with the vibes I get from them. You can say the same for Resident Evil 4 or 5 but the enemies aren't zombies anymore. Even though 4 was really good (and 5 wasn't that amazing), it didn't feel like Resident Evil even if the controls were still awkward.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I know a lot of people found Resident Evil to be scary. I don't know. I wasn't really feeling it.

Regarding Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2 and 3 were my favorite because it really felt like a zombie outbreak. The setting is what made me like the games mostly along with the vibes I get from them. You can say the same for Resident Evil 4 or 5 but the enemies aren't zombies anymore. Even though 4 was really good (and 5 wasn't that amazing), it didn't feel like Resident Evil even if the controls were still awkward.
I'm not talking about any of those, though.

I'm talking about this one. You can't say this one isn't scary.

I'm not talking about any of those, though.

I'm talking about this one. You can't say this one isn't scary.
Oh that one. It was pretty scary at first. Crimson heads get really annoying. I got used to it later on when I was playing

I'm still waiting for an RE2 remake. I hope I don't get some random port of RE2 into the PS4/X1

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Congratulations, my ire has shifted from FNAF to FF7.
Seriously though, why did they make a big deal out of releasing it again with no changes?
EDIT: I'm not huge on Final Fantasy, correct my if I'm wrong about that.

Last edited:
They're probably trying to focus the attention on Final Fantasy XV because we all know that an FF7 remake would definitely overshadow FFXV. That's what I think. If that's not the reason, then I really can't understand Square Enix's reasons

Strofirko

Smash Master
So Obama gonna attack best corea because sony was hacked for the 541650654156 time...

Last edited:

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
So I got a friend who is a bit of a communist. I am thinking of buying this t shirt for him

and a copy of George Orwell, Animal farm. For christmas.
Do you think he will like it?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I got a friend who is a bit of a communist. I am thinking of buying this t shirt for him

and a copy of George Orwell, Animal farm. For christmas.
Do you think he will like it?
I certainly wouldn't mind wearing that.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Is it me, or people in Japan are extremely defensive in Smash 4 ? Right now, I just fought a guy from Japan who was using the Wii Fit Trainer and only use projectiles and camping the ledge, waiting for the opponent to do an error and punish it. He played WFT, Falco and Mac. All of them were defensive like a wall. The funny thing though is how my Little Mac destroyed all of his characters because I played offensive.

But can someone please tell me if Japan playstyle is very defensive or it was just me finding a very defensive japanese guy on FG ? I need to know.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Is it me, or people in Japan are extremely defensive in Smash 4 ? Right now, I just fought a guy from Japan who was using the Wii Fit Trainer and only use projectiles and camping the ledge, waiting for the opponent to do an error and punish it. He played WFT, Falco and Mac. All of them were defensive like a wall. The funny thing though is how my Little Mac destroyed all of his characters because I played offensive.

But can someone please tell me if Japan playstyle is very defensive or it was just me finding a very defensive japanese guy on FG ? I need to know.
It is probably a bit of both.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

1v1 FG tends to be more defensive. You'll find more characters who try to shield/dodge/counterattack more than trying to attack.

I think I'm going to lose more sleep today because of Trickster Online...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So for some reason, every time I play For Fun, there is always one person, ALWAYS using Ness, and spamming on PK Fire. Literally doing nothing else. I figured by some insane luck I was encountering the same bad player over and over again, but nope, it seems like there is an entire cult dedicated to PK Fire.

It's like the Back Slash guys, but not funny.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
It is probably a bit of both.
Maybe. I'm just curious.
1v1 FG tends to be more defensive. You'll find more characters who try to shield/dodge/counterattack more than trying to attack.
Here's the thing : normally, people on FG are either good or bad. Here, the defensive plays were excellent, but the guy reacted so bad to my offensive plays and my ledge guarding with Mac (yes, that exist with Mac) that it was easy to defeat him.
Maybe it's because of Brawl competitive style was more present in Japan that they are more defensive. I mean, that what I've heard, but maybe I'm wrong.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey guys...I'm in an insane amount of pain right now because my lower back/hip just started hurting like crazy and I don't know why. It's happened once before too, when I was in high school shortly before I became allergic to pineapple (long story). Ugh I just wanna lie in bed all day.

Ps. @BluehunterZero it's safe to come back to the social thread now! (Technically this is a new thread but you get the idea)

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Hey guys...I'm in an insane amount of pain right now because my lower back/hip just started hurting like crazy and I don't know why. It's happened once before too, when I was in high school shortly before I became allergic to pineapple (long story). Ugh I just wanna lie in bed all day.

Ps. @BluehunterZero it's safe to come back to the social thread now! (Technically this is a new thread but you get the idea)
Go to a doctor ASAP. Pain cant mean anything good.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Not really. My first online match was against a JP Ganondorf, and he was quite aggressive. My Toon Link was KO'd quickly.

Go see a doctor, if your pain is as bad as you're saying.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I've just come here to vent some anger.

*a-hem*

CLEARING 9.0 CLASSIC WITHOUT LOSING A STOCK IN SMASH BROS WII U IS THE MOST INSUFFERABLE CHALLENGE YOU CAN PUT INTO A GAME MODE. WHERE LUCK, CIRCUMSTANCE, AND PERFECT AI PLAYS A MAJOR PART IN STOPPING YOUR ATTEMPTS. NO MATTER HOW SKILLED YOU ARE OR HOW GREAT YOUR CUSTOMISATION IS, IT ONLY TAKES UP MAYBE 10% OF YOUR CAPABILITY OF CLEARING SUCH A NEAR-IMPOSSIBLE TASK.

I. AM. FRUSTRATED.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Not really. My first online match was against a JP Ganondorf, and he was quite aggressive. My Toon Link was KO'd quickly.

Go see a doctor, if your pain is as bad as you're saying.
Oh okay, thanks for the answer. But sweet baby Jesus, that guy was annoying. During the whole the match, the only thing I said was this :
It was just so slow. No "Gotta Go Fast" jokes, plz.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've just come here to vent some anger.

*a-hem*

CLEARING 9.0 CLASSIC WITHOUT LOSING A STOCK IN SMASH BROS WII U IS THE MOST INSUFFERABLE CHALLENGE YOU CAN PUT INTO A GAME MODE. WHERE LUCK, CIRCUMSTANCE, AND PERFECT AI PLAYS A MAJOR PART IN STOPPING YOUR ATTEMPTS. NO MATTER HOW SKILLED YOU ARE OR HOW GREAT YOUR CUSTOMISATION IS, IT ONLY TAKES UP MAYBE 10% OF YOUR CAPABILITY OF CLEARING SUCH A NEAR-IMPOSSIBLE TASK.

I. AM. FRUSTRATED.
Don't have a spare hammer?

My friend just asked me when will brawl 3 come out....... i can't even.....
What happened to Brawl 2? :p

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
My friend just asked me when will brawl 3 come out....... i can't even.....
I still wait for Smash 64 : The prequel. They announced it in 1874 and never came out. How weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom