• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
When I'm on break from uni, I like to stay up during the night and sleep during the day. It's just natural for me.

*note to self
Abyssal Lagiacrus? lagiacri? Lagiacruses? Are nocturnal
Lmao I slept through the college basketball games I wanted to watch :L
I'm gonna check the scores and I'm gonna be upset if I slept through an upset
Edit:
image.jpg

Bruuuuuuuuh
That's what happens when you smack talk the best team in the nation

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Still sick.
Now with the new runny nose feature! :upsidedown:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
It was hell for me to sleep today.
Whenever I lie down, one of my nostrils gets stuffy and it's impossible to breath through it.
Worse is that me and my parents have no idea what causes it.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
It was hell for me to sleep today.
Whenever I lie down, one of my nostrils gets stuffy and it's impossible to breath through it.
Worse is that me and my parents have no idea what causes it.
I have that exact same problem. I think what's causing my nose to get stuffy is from dust, but I'm not 100% sure...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm back home for a week. I won't rant on the journey, as it was quite comfortable this time. :laugh:

:231:

Strofirko

Smash Master
I am actually against most of these "nintendo needs to buy X company" bandwagons,on a modern day of gaming,when a creator abandons it's creation looks a tragic thing to the eyes of the public,on nintendo this seems to be okay:
This guy ruined X character by giving her emotions he needs to quit.
This guy doesn't like deep stories,he needs to go back to stone age.
This fella doesn't listen to community because my fav character is not there,he needs to get his butt kicked.
A
nd so on...
It's not even worthy...

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I am actually against most of these "nintendo needs to buy X company" bandwagons,on a modern day of gaming,when a creator abandons it's creation looks a tragic thing to the eyes of the public,on nintendo this seems to be okay:
This guy ruined X character by giving her emotions he needs to quit.
This guy doesn't like deep stories,he needs to go back to stone age.
This fella doesn't listen to community because my fav character is not there,he needs to get his butt kicked.
A
nd so on...
It's not even worthy...
Human beings overall are quite selfish, so that isn't surprising.

That even applies to myself, except I'm honest and admit it.

People always want things to go their own way, but often don't admit that and try to find ways of placing the blame in something else.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
It's FRIDAY, finally. Can't wait to get back to games.
I'm addicted to that Doctor Who app. :ohwell:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Do anyone have one of those days that you want to call someone is trash when they say your main suck? I find it so annoying when people say that my main suck because they don't know how to play as him correctly.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Do anyone have one of those days that you want to call someone is trash when they say your main suck? I find it so annoying when people say that my main suck because they don't know how to play as him correctly.
>can go along with it
>"him" kk,it seems to go with my-
>sees :4shulk:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Well if that character is Shulk, then they are just plain wrong. Granted, I'm not great with him (yet) but I've seen people who are, if this person played and lost to those people they'd probably change their opinion.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Something interesting I've noticed about Link's side taunt.

In Brawl, the fairy used the same design as the cursor fairy from Twilight Princess. Likely, the model was ported from said game, just like Link's model.

In Smash 4, however, the fairy has the same design as those from Ocarina of Time (closely resembling Navi), despite the fact that Link is still in his Twilight Princess design.

Noteworthy is how the Bottled Fairy has the design from Skyward Sword and a fairy from Wind Waker now appears in Toon Link's side taunt.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
It's because of the Monado Arts gimmick, probably. People seem to gravitate to gimmick-less characters (well, except Little Mac because KO Punch :p), or characters that have gimmicks that are part of the moveset and easy to use. Having the Down-B be Arts Switching is alien to players used to Down-B moves being either counters, stomps or other offensive moves instead of just switching powerups.

Not that I know anything about Shulk, though; I've never even used him so far. :p

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's because of the Monado Arts gimmick, probably. People seem to gravitate to gimmick-less characters (well, except Little Mac because KO Punch :p), or characters that have gimmicks that are part of the moveset and easy to use. Having the Down-B be Arts Switching is alien to players used to Down-B moves being either counters, stomps or other offensive moves instead of just switching powerups.

Not that I know anything about Shulk, though; I've never even used him so far. :p
Step 1 : Press B
Step 2 : Select Speed
Step 3 : Proceed to exclaim the rating of your feelings while speed it being selected
Step 4 : Proceed to make your enemy rekt
Step 5 : Use Down Air to spike-kill.

It's my life. :troll:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
They just aren't really feeling it. :4shulk:
And yes, I know that feeling. For 3 games. :yoshi64::yoshimelee::yoshi2:
Now I hear people say my main sucks because he's overpowered. :4yoshi:
*Sigh* It seems people aren't ever happy...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
How is Yoshi overpowered? Sure, he got an amazing projectile/camping game, super armor on double jump and great mobility, but he still has lots of weaknesses (his double jump armor goes away some frames near the end, for example).

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My only issue towards Yoshi is that trolly dash that gets me.
Other than that,I read Yoshi like a book and proceed to make them rekt with :4wiremac:.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Shulk monado arts may take time to get use to, but is really that hard to press B? Noobs spam B all the time? People just are not willing to learn.
Sucks for them because Shulk is such a great characters that are sleeping on.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Shulk monado arts may take time to get use to, but is really that hard to press B? Noobs spam B all the time? People just are not willing to learn.
I like using Shulk to a competitve level, but I honestly prefer using Nonado instead of the Monado.
Because Vanilla is a good flavour for Shulk.

...My computer says the Canadian spelling for flavour and colour are typos.
That's racist.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Ikr? Personally, I really liked the concept and considered maining him at some point, but I wasn't really feeling him; he's a bit slow for my liking (unless on Speed) and his combos and KO setups felt like meh to me (again, Speed doesn't count)

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I played Mario Kart 64 in a competition last night to see who were the best two to go on and challenge another college. I got eliminated in the first round. Had a great time, but wow I'm surprised to see how bad my skills were since I haven't played in so long. Must be because I'm used to destroying my group of friends that this became a whole new ballgame for me

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I guess it's the changes.
The Shulk noobs I see spam Backslash.

I like using Shulk to a competitve level, but I honestly prefer using Nonado instead of the Monado.
Because Vanilla is a good flavour for Shulk.

...My computer says the Canadian spelling for flavour and colour are typos.
That's racist.
But don't you know that if you scratch the leaf on Canadian bills,they smell like maple syrup? :troll:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Is annoying, but then again I need to focus more on my defensive/neutral game (which I'm really starting to agree is more rewarding). Also no customs online sucks as Danger Wrap and Plant Barrier would make things even easier.

Also is it me, or does every Yoshi main always switch which color they use each match?

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
How is Yoshi overpowered? Sure, he got an amazing projectile/camping game, super armor on double jump and great mobility, but he still has lots of weaknesses (his double jump armor goes away some frames near the end, for example).
I don't find him OP. However, a lot of people do.
Usually any video with gameplay of him on YT has people saying this.
Trust me. I've seen it.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I don't find him OP. However, a lot of people do.
Usually any video with gameplay of him on YT has people saying this.
Trust me. I've seen it.
Personally, I don't think anyone is OP, not even Diddy (Yup! I said it! Bring them pitchforkes if you want, it won't change my mind)

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Is annoying, but then again I need to focus more on my defensive/neutral game (which I'm really starting to agree is more rewarding). Also no customs online sucks as Danger Wrap and Plant Barrier would make things even easier.

Also is it me, or does every Yoshi main always switch which color they use each match?
I don't. :4yoshi:
Green Yoshi top Yoshi.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
People always ***** about Link
So I don't use him as much now
I play Kirby or Robin more
I find it awesome when people gripe about my Kirby though, suicides make anyone salty
Sheik is fun to use as well
Crouch>ftilt>fair

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Ikr? Personally, I really liked the concept and considered maining him at some point, but I wasn't really feeling him; he's a bit slow for my liking (unless on Speed) and his combos and KO setups felt like meh to me (again, Speed doesn't count)
Shulk relies on all of good reads and playing defensive is the best for him that may turn some people off from trying to main him, Some say it like playing five characters at once, and it a real pain to learn Monado arts landing lag cancel and air slash out of shield.
I guess it's the changes.
The Shulk noobs I see spam Backslash.

But don't you know that if you scratch the leaf on Canadian bills,they smell like maple syrup? :troll:
Shulk 101: never spam backslash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom