• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I don't. :4yoshi:
Green Yoshi top Yoshi.
What should I do if I ever see a non-Green :yoshi64:? Kill it like the rest?

inhindsightyoshiistheonlydbzcharacterinsmash

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
My only issue towards Yoshi is that trolly dash that gets me.
Other than that,I read Yoshi like a book and proceed to make them rekt with :4wiremac:.

1v1 me, no items, Final Destination!
Ill beat you so hard, you'll be hitting blast zone in 5 secs flat!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Shulk relies on all of good reads and playing defensive is the best for him that may turn some people off from trying to main him, Some say it like playing five characters at once, and it a real pain to learn Monado arts landing lag cancel and air slash out of shield.
Yeah, I'm not much of a defensive guy in Smash. For me, it's a fighting game, which means YOU FIGHT! If I want to spend hours training with a character that mostly revolves around camping, I'll switch to CoD :troll:
But that's just my opinion about it and I respect anyone else's opinion about the different playstyles in Smash.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

1v1 me, no items, Final Destination!
Ill beat you so hard, you'll be hitting blast zone in 5 secs flat!
>3DS ded
>no Wii U.

I'm about to cash out next month for new 3DS,games,and amiibos. You better wait for your doom.
Little Mac is not so little sac. :4littlemac:

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
That's lame.
I can blame Nintendo's bull**** region locking policies for this, right?

I hope that Mewtwo comes out as stand-alone DLC at the same time the free Mewtwo bonus comes out.
Sadly I'm pretty much affected by that too, not only I'm unable to register bot my american 3DS, Wii U and copies of Smash, but also eShop isn't available for pretty much most of Latin America, including Central America AKA where I live.

So even when Mewtwo and other DLC will be available by transactions, I will still not be able to get him.

Now I'm kinda desperate, not much for Mewtwo himself, but because I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so not having the 100% completition of a game for me is kinda like...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I noticed that Captain Falcon's Final Smash uses a sound effect from an F-Zero game that plays when starting a race. I think it's from the SNES game. PK Starstorm also uses the move's sound effect from EarthBound as well.

Pit and Dark Pit use the same sound effect as firing charged shots of the respective weapons in KIU when firing the Palutena Bow, Silver Bow and Dark Pit Staff. They also do the same sound effect as dodging from KIU when using any dodging maneuvering.

I like it when they recycle sound effects from the characters' source games. I think it adds authenticity to characters themselves.

Other neat details:
- When using Marth/Lucina's Final Smash, a life bar appears depleting to zero on the hit opponents. Said life bar is taken from Fire Emblem: Awakening.
- Upon activating Ganondorf's Final Smash, Ganon does the same animation as he does when he finishes the transformation in Twilight Princess (though notably faster).
- Chrom's one-liner ("On my mark!") when activating Robin's Final Smash is one of the possible phrases he says in FEA when a unit activates the Pair Up feature with Chrom as the partner.
- When using Link's side taunt with the fairy on the 3DS version, when the fairy gets behind Link, the glowing light will be visible. While this appears to be a bug, as it doesn't happen in the Wii U version nor with the Bottled Fairy item, it actually ends up recreating the fairies from Ocarina of Time.
- The trail left from Toon Link's Spin Attack is identical to the one left when using the Hurricane Spin in Wind Waker.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
799.gif

It's finally here.

Hi by the way. This thread is still living ? Just like Freddy Mercury, it won't stop now. Unless it somehow finds a way to...you know. I...won't say much.
Anyway, what's new ?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I noticed that Captain Falcon's Final Smash uses a sound effect from an F-Zero game that plays when starting a race. I think it's from the SNES game. PK Starstorm also uses the move's sound effect from EarthBound as well.

Pit and Dark Pit use the same sound effect as firing charged shots of the respective weapons in KIU when firing the Palutena Bow, Silver Bow and Dark Pit Staff. They also do the same sound effect as dodging from KIU when using any dodging maneuvering.

I like it when they recycle sound effects from the characters' source games. I think it adds authenticity to characters themselves.

Other neat details:
- When using Marth/Lucina's Final Smash, a life bar appears depleting to zero on the hit opponents. Said life bar is taken from Fire Emblem: Awakening.
- Upon activating Ganondorf's Final Smash, Ganon does the same animation as he does when he finishes the transformation in Twilight Princess (though notably faster).
- Chrom's one-liner ("On my mark!") when activating Robin's Final Smash is one of the possible phrases he says in FEA when a unit activates the Pair Up feature with Chrom as the partner.
- When using Link's side taunt with the fairy on the 3DS version, when the fairy gets behind Link, the glowing light will be visible. While this appears to be a bug, as it doesn't happen in the Wii U version nor with the Bottled Fairy item, it actually ends up recreating the fairies from Ocarina of Time.
- The trail left from Toon Link's Spin Attack is identical to the one left when using the Hurricane Spin in Wind Waker.
Did you know that when you defeat the Starman AT, not only does "SMAAAASH!!" from EarthBound appear above his head, but the sound effect is heard as well?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Did you know that when you defeat the Starman AT, not only does "SMAAAASH!!" from EarthBound appear above his head, but the sound effect is heard as well?
I've seen that. I love that little detail. The sound is hard to pick up will all the chaos and the BGM, so I've not heard it.

:231:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So the Paper Mario leak was, and is, fake. Move along nothing to see here, unless you like tears:crying:
People who keep falling for leaked pictures with no concrete evidence of their authenticity are gullible and desperate.

What's incomprehensible is that people keep falling for these numerous times. Has nobody learnt from the "Rayman leak" a few weeks ago?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
People who keep falling for leaked pictures with no concrete evidence of their authenticity are gullible and desperate.

What's incomprehensible is that people keep falling for these numerous times. Has nobody learnt from the "Rayman leak" a few weeks ago?
I didn't; the lack of bottom screen footage instantly made me think it was fake.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, I knew about that.

I've done that before. Didn't know that the sound effect was the same, though. Never played EarthBound.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935

Well yes, I admit it. I'm desperate because I don't exactly have an easy way to play GC games, and I don't want to spend £40 on this game despite the fact I know I'll love it. And I'm also gullible, sue me. Well of course I've 'learnt' from the Rayman thing, I didn't believe it to be true 100%, and there's nothing wrong with hoping either. There's pretty much no other game that I'd handpick myself to be remade over TTYD, so even now I'm excited at the prospect, however small the possibility is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom