• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Omni made an inflammatory video, and I called for the Smash 4 fanbase to go to war against the Melee fanbase.
Well mate, sorry. I am not trying to be rude but that was really pretty foolish of you. Most of the Smash fanbase is already as stupid as doorknobs and you should not have thrown more fuel into the campfire that video made.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Well mate, sorry. I am not trying to be rude but that was really pretty foolish of you. Most of the Smash fanbase is already as stupid as doorknobs and you should not have thrown more fuel into the campfire that video made.
Yeah, I know, that was a completely boneheaded move.

And I'm paying for it by doing time in the echo chamber. You're the only user who can even see me right now.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Omni made another inflammatory video, and I called for the Smash 4 fanbase to go to war against the Melee fanbase.
I always seen those fanbases in "Cold War" mode so if you didn't started the fire, then someone else would have done it because flamewars are unavoidable when the news post has bait traits.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Yeah, I know, that was a completely boneheaded move.

And I'm paying for it by doing time in the echo chamber. You're the only user who can even see me right now.
Did that many people block you? I mean, me, SProgepede and Arigarmy can see your posts.
I never really block people unless they are annoying me directly.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Have I missed the topic on people's stupidity? No? It's still ongoing?

Should I leave some snarky commentary?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Did that many people block you? I mean, me, SProgepede and Arigarmy can see your posts.
Why people keep writing my username wrong? Is SPongeBob! :awesome:

Have I missed the topic on people's stupidity? No? It's still ongoing?

Should I leave some snarky commentary?
Snarky comment plz.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I always seen those fanbases in "Cold War" mode so if you didn't started the fire, then someone else would have done it because flamewars are unavoidable when the news post has bait traits.
Yeah, Omni's the one really at fault here.

That, of course, doesn't excuse my actions at all, though.

Well, at the very least, I've noticed that a lot of users I usually talked to are kind of just whizzing past me right now.

It's pretty creepy, honestly.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yeah, Omni's the one really at fault here.

That, of course, doesn't excuse my actions at all, though.
Well, techinally Omni just said his opinion, and there's nothing wrong about that.

I don't want to accuse anybody; but the staff of the news section did some wrong too by posting that because, even if they say to be civil the people will explode because they're higher numbers, also by posting it here they attract the wrong kind of attention specially because the Headline.
That news was just a call to cause controversy, that of course will end with further division of the community, people will get infracted, threads created on the heat of the moment will get locked for further promoting the flame.

Is a true and awful domino effect

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Snarky comment plz.
Okay.

So, teen girls obsessed with One Direction are cutting themselves. Not sure if I can handle such edge. >:)

Seriously, that's just sad. I do wonder what drives people to such insanity.

I actually never had a lot of such teen-related stuff. I did go through a sort of depression for the last few years, but I've almost completely gotten over it. I was never diagnosed as being depressed, but looking on the subject, I'm pretty sure some of the symptoms matched.

Since then, I've gotten a more optimistic and laid back look at life. Like I came from it as a stronger person myself. My self-esteem has gotten better as well and I learned to better deal with negativity.

Well, techinally Omni just said his opinion, and there's nothing wrong about that.

I don't want to accuse anybody but the staff of the news section did some wrong too by posting that because, even if they say to be civil the people will explode because they're higher numbers, also by posting it here they attract the wrong kind of attention specially because the Headline.
That news was just a call to cause controversy, that of course will end with further division of the community, people will get infracted, threads created on the heat of the moment will get locked for further promoting the flame.

In other words, fanboys being fanboys. Stupid people being stupid.

This is why I don't take a freaking video game seriously.

The human species has the amazing, useless ability to create pointless drama over pointless stuff. I swear no other living being can be as feisty. :smirk:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

I don't want to accuse anybody but the staff of the news section did some wrong too by posting that because, even if they say to be civil the people will explode because they're higher numbers, also by posting it here they attract the wrong kind of attention specially because the Headline.

I'm saying he's at fault partially because of the title, which was entirely his choice. Seriously, no matter which way you look at it, saying "you will die" sounds like a threat, even if it's technically true in fifty years. "Smash 4 Will Die" sounds like a threat, and that's exactly how he intended it to sound.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
That video will be the source of a lot of warnings. Mods should do something about it

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Okay.

So, teen girls obsessed with One Direction are cutting themselves. Not sure if I can handle such edge. >:)

Seriously, that's just sad. I do wonder what drives people to such insanity.

I actually never had a lot of such teen-related stuff. I did go through a sort of depression for the last few years, but I've almost completely gotten over it. I was never diagnosed as being depressed, but looking on the subject, I'm pretty sure some of the symptoms matched.

Since then, I've gotten a more optimistic and laid back look at life. Like I came from it as a stronger person myself. My self-esteem has gotten better as well and I learned to better deal with negativity.

In other words, fanboys being fanboys. Stupid people being stupid.

This is why I don't take a freaking video game seriously.

The human species has the amazing, useless ability to create pointless drama over pointless stuff. I swear no other living being can be as feisty. :smirk:
I had some depression related issues too in the past, but like you I took a more laid back approach, and I stopped caring about irrelevant stuff that made me overthink, when I see flames caused by people, I just watch and don't let that affect me.

Well, along with the infinty of the Universe and Human stupidity, the ability of people to overract to meaningless stuff also tends to infinite. :lick:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I had some depression related issues too in the past, but like you I took a more laid back approach, and I stopped caring about irrelevant stuff that made me overthink, when I see flames caused by people, I just watch and don't let that affect me.
That's pretty much why I currently take overly indifferent and sarcastic stances. :p

Well, along with the infinty of the Universe and Human stupidity, the ability of people to overract to meaningless stuff also tends to infinite. :lick:
That's part of the same pack as the stupidity. :shades:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Seriously, this near-invisibility is getting kind of scary...

It's like I've been permabanned and everyone knows it except for me.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I'm saying he's at fault partially because of the title, which was entirely his choice. Seriously, no matter which way you look at it, saying "you will die" sounds like a threat, even if it's technically true in fifty years. "Smash 4 Will Die" sounds like a threat, and that's exactly how he intended it to sound.
You're right on that, he was like "look at mah face, your game will die", it doesn't matter if he made thoughtful arguments, still was a call for bait, but in my case I didn't cared because if I enjoy the game then that's what it counts for me.

That's pretty much why I currently take overly indifferent and sarcastic stances. :p

That's part of the same pack as the stupidity. :shades:
Yeah, but I wanted to highlight the overracting stuff because this day was full of "storms in a glass of water"

I just saw a #cut4zayn post of a girl threatening to cut herself with a knife, I was about to cringe, but then I laughed because she was using a Plastic Butter Knife lol

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Man, this disscussion is really putting my English skills to the edge, that's good because that will make me improve.
But I apologize in advance if I made a grammar mistake or something :p

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
AUUUGH why can't I focus for about 45 mins of my life to actually watch "Blink"???

D

Deleted member

How come Shrek gets in and not Rayman? Ugh...

Bruh I don't block people. Not no more anyways. Cause odds are they hate me more than I hate them.
:4larry:
Because Rayman is nothing in comparison to Shrek. *laughs*
Talking about the other subject, I never ignored users here. If anything, I generally avoid people that waste my time, and remove me from Skype contacts for no reason whatsoever. :troll:

Not even Nicolas Cage? :yeahboi:
Now that's another story!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom