• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
.......they have a ****ing fusion?
Yeah, since like some weeks ago in the newest game. Apparently they felt Lucemon needed a female counterpart.

And seeing how in some games you can obtain him by fusing Angemon with Devimon...
Anyway, what's new here ?
Well, to me I discovered that apparently an Angewomon and a LadyDevimon AKA angel and devil female Digimon can fuse by doing a very yuri-esque sequence. I'm serious:

Like, really, talking about yuri undertones...
Belligerent Sexual Tension.

Yep, in the new game, they can now become a new Digimon called Mastemon.
Well, taking in mind those two definetely didn't get along bad like their Adventure counterparts...

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
*See the Digimon talk*
tumblr_msr0afnkcz1rtg76ko1_500.gif

Am I the only person who doesn't really like Digimon ? Cauz' I feel I'm kinda alone here with this opinion.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
*See the Digimon talk*
View attachment 44206
Am I the only person who doesn't really like Digimon ? Cauz' I feel I'm kinda alone here with this opinion.
I have no problem with that, actually I've met some people here in the boards that don't like it either (Specially Pokémon fanboys).

Also that's how I feel many times.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
*See the Digimon talk*
View attachment 44206
I don't like Digimon because Pokemon. But I do feel sorry for Digimon that it had to fight a battle it was always going to lose, because it had potential. The designs of the monsters were good, the Digi-Destins had more personality than any characters in the Pokemon series, and I loved Rumble Area 2 on the GameCube. But apart from that Pokemon beats it easily, and I'm content with just Pokemon. Though if it somehow makes a comeback I wouldn't mind checking it out again, but I feel its time has come and gone, not just because of Pokemon's dominance but also because they really shot themselves in the foot with some of their decisions.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I'm searching some french artist who could possibly draw my project.
And Jesus, the weaboo level is high in France. I forgot that France is literally the second biggest consumer of mangas in the world. It's hard to find a normal person in this whole mess of mainstream manga fans.
tumblr_n9ihpwQF3P1rrq6yfo1_500.gif

I think I'll have to go first on some Ace Attorney forums to find someone.

I have no problem with that, actually I've met some people here in the boards that don't like it either (Specially Pokémon fanboys).

Also that's how I feel many times.
I don't like Digimon because Pokemon. But I do feel sorry for Digimon that it had to fight a battle it was always going to lose, because it had potential. The designs of the monsters were good, the Digi-Destins had more personality than any characters in the Pokemon series, and I loved Rumble Area 2 on the GameCube. But apart from that Pokemon beats it easily, and I'm content with just Pokemon. Though if it somehow makes a comeback I wouldn't mind checking it out again, but I feel its time has come and gone, not just because of Pokemon's dominance but also because they really shot themselves in the foot with some of their decisions.
Meh, honnestly, I prefer Pokemon because I find Digimon too confusing. And I prefer the concept of Pokemon in general, more logical and fun in my eyes.
But I've played some Digimon games and they were okay, just like the series.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
When I was younger I watched Digimon until sometime after Ken becomes good in the second series. It was sometime during the Dark Wargreymon arc that I thought it was dragging on too long and I stopped. The same thing happened with Dragon Ball Z. After the Cell arc, I just stopped watching it.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I'm searching some french artist who could possibly draw my project.
And Jesus, the weaboo level is high in France. I forgot that France is literally the second biggest consumer of mangas in the world. It's hard to find a normal person in this whole mess of mainstream manga fans.
View attachment 44207
I think I'll have to go first on some Ace Attorney forums to find someone.
Jesus, really? And I thought my country in that aspect was bad.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
When I was younger I watched Digimon until sometime after Ken becomes good in the second series. It was sometime during the Dark Wargreymon arc that I thought it was dragging on too long and I stopped. The same thing happened with Dragon Ball Z. After the Cell arc, I just stopped watching it.
Well, being honest if there's something most of the fandom agrees on, is that despite having its good moments, 02 was the weakest installment. It started good, but somehow everything turned more confusing, with plot holes, less developed characters than the original and of course, that ****ing epilogue.

Honestly, I feel the only reason the 02 kids are so popular is because it's in the same universe as the first series unlike the others.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I never was much of a fan of how Digivolving went. And I met Pokemon earlier.
And I liked Pokemon more.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Jesus, really? And I thought my country in that aspect was bad.
Well, there's a reason for that. During the 80's and 90's, a show called "Club Dorothée" brought mangas on the spot in France. At first, of course, it was hated by a lot of people, but kids still liked all the mangas there was at the time, like DBZ, Saint Seya, and other stuff like that. And now, mangas are pretty much everywhere in France. There's manga clubs (filled with weaboos and mainstream manga fans) in a lot of schools, conventions (Japan Expo) and multiple channels on TV only about mangas.

If anime wasn't cheap during the 80's and 90's, France wouldn't have all of those mangas. But yeah, France has a lot of manga/anime/weaboos.
tumblr_mv34h8kSqU1sykc1to1_500.gif

You could say I'm obsessed with Nichijou and Ace Attorney, but trust me : there's way worse in my country.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Reading all of these comments, it makes me wonder if I'm the only person here who likes both Pokémon and Digimon...
You're not alone. I actually most times wonder if I'm the only one here who likes Digimon tho. The comments pretty answered that.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Reading all of these comments, it makes me wonder if I'm the only person here who likes both Pokémon and Digimon...
Personally I don't mind either. But since I'm more familiar with the former rather than the latter, I tend to favor Pokemon.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
By the way, why no one told me Lucina is in Persona 4?

:troll:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Back when Brawl was in development, Eiji Aonuma, the main designer in charge of the Zelda series since Ocarina of Time, said this in an interview:
Aonuma said:
I’ve been working with Sakurai for a very long time with this new Smash Bros., because the Wii came out and when discussion for a new Smash Bros. took place nobody could think of anyone other than Sakurai working on it. He was kind of the default, and I was very happy to hear that he would be working on it. Actually, my designers did work on the designs for Sheik and Link and Ganondorf. So they submitted the initial designs, and so it would fit in the Smash Bros. Brawl environment, they’ve had to tweak some of the designs. But Sakurai has brought those altered designs to NCL. We’re working very closely with the team of Smash Bros. Brawl to make sure the characters look their best.
So basically, Ganondorf being a Falcon clone doesn't seem to bother the man who pretty much created him* in the first place. Talk about ironic.

Then again, rabid fans are really something. While fans go on flame wars on how characters should be portrayed or which console or game is better and so on, the people who actually work in the games and create the characters are much more laid back and give less ****s. lol

* (Well, Ganon was actually created by Miyamoto, but Aonuma had more influence on the humanoid form, Ganondorf.)

Oh hey, @ Grizzlpaw Grizzlpaw . I wasn't expecting to see you here in my former lair the Social thread.

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I guess I like both... I like. Pokemon more than digemon because it is a obvious rip off. However, it was the only good rip off. It spiced the Pokemon up a bit, it had a different story. Also didn't Gamefreak take the idea of mega evelution from Digemon?
EDIT: Digemon is a rip off of Pokemon... I kinda said like the other way around...
Stupid iPad....

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I retired from playing Pokemon three months ago. I still like it, but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make since I'm almost 20 years old. I have no interest in Digimon, though.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
I retired from playing Pokemon three months ago. I still like it, but it was a sacrifice I was willing to make since I'm almost 20 years old. I have no interest in Digimon, though.
You say like age is at all a factor in liking Pokemon. If you wanna give them up that's your choice, but I bet that you'll be sucked back in eventually. :)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Look at this:

This is a Ganondorf figure. His model in Smash Wii U looks a lot like it, especially when it comes to the coloration. Almost as if the figure came to life... Which is the underlying theme of Smash Bros.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Back when Brawl was in development, Eiji Aonuma, the main designer in charge of the Zelda series since Ocarina of Time, said this in an interview:

So basically, Ganondorf being a Falcon clone doesn't seem to bother the man who pretty much created him* in the first place. Talk about ironic.

Then again, rabid fans are really something. While fans go on flame wars on how characters should be portrayed or which console or game is better and so on, the people who actually work in the games and create the characters are much more laid back and give less ****s. lol

* (Well, Ganon was actually created by Miyamoto, but Aonuma had more influence on the humanoid form, Ganondorf.)

Oh hey, @ Grizzlpaw Grizzlpaw . I wasn't expecting to see you here in my former lair the Social thread.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that interview just talking about the designs of the characters, not their movesets? Nothing about that paragraph really made it sound like he was talking about how they actually work in the game, just that he provided the designs and worked with Sakurai to tweak them so that they fit in visually with the environment.

Granted, I wouldn't be surprised if that's how Aonuma feels about Ganondorf's representation in the game either, but I don't think that interview is a good example of showing that.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I guess I like both... I like. Pokemon more than digemon because it is a obvious rip off. However, it was the only good rip off. It spiced the Pokemon up a bit, it had a different story. Also didn't Gamefreak take the idea of mega evelution from Digemon?
EDIT: Digemon is a rip off of Pokemon... I kinda said like the other way around...
Stupid iPad....
>Rip-off
Dude, the only things they have in common are being of the same genre (the Monsters one) and they both end in mon. Besides that, their worlds, rules, objectives, structure, etc. is different. Not to mention Digimon started as a Tamagotchi spin-off.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You say like age is at all a factor in liking Pokemon. If you wanna give them up that's your choice, but I bet that you'll be sucked back in eventually. :)
I bet I will in some summer soon, or if I decide to become a Lets Player.

But it's not just because I'm almost 20, but it's also one of the things I gave up so I would be able to succeed in college.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that interview just talking about the designs of the characters, not their movesets? Nothing about that paragraph really made it sound like he was talking about how they actually work in the game, just that he provided the designs and worked with Sakurai to tweak them so that they fit in visually with the environment.
Yeah, but with him saying how he worked closely with Sakurai and how it made him happy to work with him in Smash seems to imply that he was aware of Ganondorf's moveset and didn't mind him.

Gameplay is an important part of the game's environment. The models have to work within the game, both visually and mechanically.

If Aonuma was bothered with Ganondorf's cloned moveset, I'm pretty sure he would have intervened somehow since Sakurai is the one borrowing the assets and legal rights to use the characters.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I liked the first Digimon anime because it was quite dark and had a better sense of continuity than the Pokémon anime. And also because Digimon could talk. :laugh:

Heey you, I don't think we haven't talked since the stone age man~!

I've been around, mostly spouting nonsense on the charizard forums :p

How's modding been treating ya?

:006:
I'm well. Luigi's and ROB's are quite well behaved. I think I spend more time keeping this thread in line, haha.

:231:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
>Stops playing Pokémon due to age
>Applejack avatar

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This is pretty much how I've always seen it. Though I don't play Yugioh myself, I do find it fun to watch among friends.

Video Games - Pokemon
Anime - Digimon
Card Game - Yugioh
LMAO - Monster Rancher

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
There's nothing better than doing a test and leaving the room feeling about 2 tons lighter because you knew all answers. :yoshimelee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom