• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't particularly care for Rin and Len at the moment.

I blame my exgirlfriend. I always loved Miku though.

Give me some time I might like them again. I like Luka though. Kaito is eh for me and the rest I tend to ignore outright.
I tend to ignore anything miku I'll jump on anything Kaito and Gakupo sing though xp
What kind of snake is it?
Ball Python. My dad thinks he isn't eating because he is cold. I wouldn't be shocked, inside the house is really freezing

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I don't particularly care for Rin and Len at the moment.

I blame my exgirlfriend. I always loved Miku though.
Crashboards made post this gif again
KILLLLLLLLLLLLL LEN!

Give me some time I might like them again. I like Luka though. Kaito is eh for me and the rest I tend to ignore outright.
Given my age, i really do not know these "people" I will check them out though...

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
.....I like Family Guy

*Raises Flameshield*
I don't mine it for nostalgia's sake, as some jokes do hit, but each episode now does make me realize just how much it's evolved as a show and how less and less I like each character, Brian and Quagmire in particular.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Well, FG is indeed a love it or hate it show :p

Btw, you decided to not prank me?
Yeah, plus it's been long since I watched it so I decided not get into it anymore.

And I did. You probably have to wait a while til it happens.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I don't mine it for nostalgia's sake, as some jokes do hit, but each episode now does make me realize just how much it's evolved as a show and how less and less I like each character, Brian and Quagmire in particular.
Wanna know why I don't like the show anymore... because in the Simpsons crossover Lisa told Meg to say she mattered over and over to herself where Peter said " SHUT UP MEG YOU DONT MATTER"

Seth MacFarlane should stop making shows

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wanna know why I don't like the show anymore... because in the Simpsons crossover Lisa told Meg to say she mattered over and over to herself where the family guy cast said " SHUT UP MEG YOU DONT MATTER"
Meg and Brain by far have evolved the most on the show IMO.

Meg: relate-able teenage drama queen > butt of the joke > sometimes serious & voice of reason, sometimes a sociopath

Brain: voice of reason/Peter's inner conscience/well read > Seth McFarland's personal opinion outlet/rep of young adults > poorly read douchebag & failure at life

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Am I heartless if that part made me laugh?
To me, yes because poor ****ing Meg
Meg and Brain by far have evolved the most on the show IMO.

Meg: relate-able teenage drama queen > butt of the joke > sometimes serious & voice of reason, sometimes a sociopath

Brain: voice of reason/Peter's inner conscience/well read > Seth McFarland's personal opinion outlet/rep of young adults > poorly read douchebag & failure at life
I guess I just dont like Meg being the butt of the joke like that because it just seems harsh

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Strangely I like some recent episodes than older ones (maybe because I like overboard jokes)
Brian (who used to be the sanest of the family) and Mr. Giggity feel like hit and miss, specially because their mutual disliking (the fight between them was great but the rest has been meh)
Peter's dumbness somehow never gets old imo

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wanna know why I don't like the show anymore... because in the Simpsons crossover Lisa told Meg to say she mattered over and over to herself where Peter said " SHUT UP MEG YOU DONT MATTER"

Seth MacFarlane should stop making shows
And then there was also that Stewie phone prank that iirc had to be cut from future broadcasts or something?

fyi he says "Your sister's being *****."
Like...really?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Family Guy can be summed up as random shock humor that has little to no bearing to the plot and cutaway gags Big Lipped Alligator Moments up the wazoo. The earlier seasons at least had some form of substance and the characters were likable, but it appears that Family Guy is having a Spongebob-esque decline in which both aspects were getting worse.

Other than Brian and Quagmire becoming ravenous ****s, Louis had been becoming more a ***** and Herbert the Pervert had been used a bit too much for comfort. Let's not forget the whole "Let's kill Brain just to bring him back later because plox!" situation as a publicity stunt for more views. There's a reason why American Dad is the only Seth McFarlane show that I enjoy these days.

R0Y

Smash Master
And then there was also that Stewie phone prank that iirc had to be cut from future broadcasts or something?

fyi he says "Your sister's being *****."
Like...really?
That was from the Simpsons crossover episode. He was trying to impress Bart Simpson, who did not look impressed. I didn't think it was funny either but it takes a lot to get me offended. I don't watch Family Guy normally though.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
South Park > Seth MacFarlane's crap
I think you haven't watched South Park's 18th season :troll:

Family Guy can be summed up as random shock humor that has little to no bearing to the plot and cutaway gags Big Lipped Alligator Moments up the wazoo. The earlier seasons at least had some form of substance and the characters were likable, but it appears that Family Guy is having a Spongebob-esque decline in which both aspects were getting worse.

Other than Brian and Quagmire becoming ravenous ****s, Louis had been becoming more a ***** and Herbert the Pervert had been used a bit too much for comfort. Let's not forget the whole "Let's kill Brain just to bring him back later because plox!" situation as a publicity stunt for more views. There's a reason why American Dad is the only Seth McFarlane show that I enjoy these days.
I agree, American Dad became increasingly good with time, maybe because the better made plots. Too bad is now buried on TBS

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'll be honest, I hate the Brain and Quagmire rivalry. I think it could have been funny as a one-time B-Plot, but the jokes used were just awful/too real and destroyed both characters for me. How they've been used since then is just rubbing salt in the wound.

I agree, American Dad became increasingly good with time, maybe because the better made plots. Too bad is now buried on TBS
Definitely better over time, though some plots I think get too far out there for the cultural humor/parodies it generally goes for.

Sad it had to go to TBS.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
That was from the Simpsons crossover episode. He was trying to impress Bart Simpson, who did not look impressed. I didn't think it was funny either but it takes a lot to get me offended. I don't watch Family Guy normally though.
The joke was meh, but somehow important plot-wise because it gave Bart another big reason to be scared about Stewie and show how the Simpsons and FG have really marked differences.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I'll be honest, I hate the Brain and Quagmire rivalry. I think it could have been funny as a one-time B-Plot, but the jokes used were just awful/too real and destroyed both characters for me. How they've been used since then is just rubbing salt in the wound.

Definitely better over time, though some plots I think get too far out there for the cultural humor/parodies it generally goes for.

Sad it had to go to TBS.
How about Cleavland Show? Now that, that is alright. I genuinely laughed at that show
At least he cares about his daughter

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Ben "Yathzee" Crosshaw actually gave a positive review to Majora's Mask 3D. Whoa...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
How about Cleavland Show? Now that, that is alright. I genuinely laughed at that show
That show was really cool, specially because it had some meaningful plots sometimes; actually during the Night of The Hurricane episode trilogy Cleveland show was the smartest episode, American Dad the funniest and FG being grabage imo

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
We're talking about Family Guy? Eww.. Might as well go back to my Fate/Zero.
*pats head* Good boy, now let's just hope you don't get the "Zero is better than Stay Night though I know no **** of the visual novel and only watched the anime" syndrome.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Eeeeyup, basically another reason why flanderization (altering a character's traits in a way where they are even worse than before) could ruin potentially goods shows like Spongebob Squarepants and Family Guy. I'd prefer Goofball!Patrick over ***face!Patrick like what most people would say about Brian Griffin's *******ization.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Never got into it much, not sure if I'd call it majorly entertaining/funny but it was better than what Family Guy had been putting out. I don't like it, but I don't dislike it either.

I do think though, that Cleavland was better the way he was back on Family Guy. IDK Him/Peter/Joe/Quag were more enjoyable together than Homer/Lenny/Carl IMO.

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Well, I did something random at school. When my English teacher selected me, she said to pick up a object without and present it to the entire class. When she said about the bag, it made me think of Ed Edd Eddy, so I shouted out "Swiggty Swag, what's in the bag?!" Then my entire class laughed as soon I shouted out of nowhere.

This is why I love Ed Edd Eddy.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So today I finally got a new DS. A 2DS to be specific (of which I deemed "Bob 2"). Sure, he may not be a 3DS or New 3DS, but for the time being I can at least catch up on gaming. And with that said...
How's it going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom