• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

_gold_

Smash Master
Mewtwo isn't just cool. He's one of the most popular Pokemon of all time, and was a secret playable character nobody was expecting in Melee.

He has a sense of novelty and hype. Plus, who's to stay he won't be improved this time round?
Sure, I love Mewtwo as a character. He's bad***, and I'm not talking about the X/Y version. I just think he's a bit redundant to have around now. Lucario filled in the shoes Mewtwo left behind pretty well.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Sure, I love Mewtwo as a character. He's bad***, and I'm not talking about the X/Y version. I just think he's a bit redundant to have around now. Lucario filled in the shoes Mewtwo left behind pretty well.
Lucario and Mewtwo are not the same AT ALL. The only thing they share is a similar, but not copy-pasted, neutral special.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Sure, I love Mewtwo as a character. He's just bad***, and I'm not talking about the X/Y version. I just think he's a bit redundant to have around now. Lucario filled in the shoes Mewtwo left behind pretty well.
You could say Charizard and Mewtwo were redundant for a long while. I think they had a stagnating reputation until they got Mega Evolutions in Gen 6, and suddenly they were back in the limelight.

I know Charizard was in Brawl, but he was bundled together with Squirtle and Ivysaur as one transformation character. They didn't let him stand on his own two feet, and it was the Pokemon Trainer who was the main concept focus.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Mewtwo was one of my most wanted characters for Smash 4, so the DLC announcement was great, but I'm patient enough to wait for more news.

They should come soon, but until then, I have a lot other things to worry about, so I'm not bothered by the lack of news.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Mewtwo plox.

I went back to Melee to see what his moveset was, as before Smash 4, I wasn't clued up on what a bair and an up-tilt was! I really like it, and it's very different from Lucario's. I'm stoked, man - continue this topic of discussion! >:)

D

Deleted member

I remember when people thought Zoroark would replace Lucario in Smash 4 back when both games were announced at E3 2011, and look what happened. *laughs*

Soul.

I don't think he will, let's face it, there's most likely not going to be any more DLC than Mewtwo, so we need to enjoy hype while we can.
lol. I really don't expect any more DLC once Mewtwo is released, regardless of success.
Either way it'll get rekt by Diddy so yeah

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
I still remember catching Mewtwo for the first time in Red 13/14 years ago, though vaguely. Couldn't have imagined then that I'd get to play as it in a game other than Pokemon (didn't even know what Smash was at the time) so Melee was special to me for that reason. Now after the disappointment of Brawl, I can play as the 2nd best Psychic type again. Smash is gonna be so much better when that day comes.

_gold_

Smash Master
They didn't let him stand on his own two feet
O rly?

Joking aside, I'm not mad or anything.
That's totally cool if you want Mewtwo back. I guess I'm just not passenger of the hype train.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
So, I'm assuming if Kirby was cut from Brawl instead of Mewtwo, you wouldn't even care? :ohwell:
There'd be riots
I'm not that hype for Mewtwo to be honest
My most wanted chars are in my sig :b
Just bracing myself for the eventual For Mewtwo (glory) online play
Plus I can't bear to have an incomplete roster, so I have to get him

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Bah! Who cares about Mewtwo? Pichu is the better choice. Stop being blind and accept the truth.
#Pichu>Mewtwo

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I only want Mewtwo released already so the stupid "rivalry" thing is finally put to rest. Thats literally my only reason.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I rather have Mewtwo than Lucario, and I dont hate Lucario, he's fun, but way more overrated than Mewtwo I feel. His glory time is over, just a flavor of the month character much like Greninja, while Mewtwo is still f*****g b*****s-I mean is still relevant to the anime and main series.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I rather have Mewtwo than Lucario, and I dont hate Lucario, he's fun, but way more overrated than Mewtwo I feel. His glory time is over, just a flavor of the month character much like Greninja, while Mewtwo is still f*****g b*****s-I mean is still relevant to the anime and main series.
What you talking about? Lucario had tons of cameos and a couple story arcs in the anime and stayed relevant for ages and will be relevant again once sinnoh remakes come about. You crazy mang.

D

Deleted member

I guess that's correct, since Gen 4 is long gone.

_gold_

Smash Master
What you talking about? Lucario had tons of cameos and a couple story arcs in the anime and stayed relevant for ages and will be relevant again once sinnoh remakes come about. You crazy mang.
Lucario is impressive, but I think I agree he's a... tad overhyped please don't hurt me @ Rysir Rysir
I will say he's got one of the best Pokemon movies to date in my opinion.

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
Hey man, hey hey hey, hey.

I love you.

You are actually correct, he's showing up a lot in the actual anime, I was mostly going off of movies. I think he overstays his welcome but whatever, opinions.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
How is his glory time over when he's still one of the most popular and promoted Pokémon in the franchise? You can't tell me something's a "flavor of the month" when you're still tasting it over a year later.

I think he meant Mega Pikachu
Nah, it's probably a special poffin Pikachu gets in Pokémon-amie.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Lucario was among the non-gen V Pokémon more advertised for Black 2/White 2 and was again on the spotlight for XY for the Mega Evolutions (alongside Mewtwo).

I don't see how Lucario has become irrelevant, considering he's still promoted and still a popular Pokémon.

I like Mewtwo and all, but I know as well that Lucario has become among the most iconic Pokémon of the franchise.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
How is his glory time over when he's still one of the most popular and promoted Pokémon in the franchise? You can't tell me something's a "flavor of the month" when you're still tasting it over a year later.
I hear Lucario flavor tastes salty.:salt:

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
Yea, youre right. I shouldnt put my personal opinions over facts. Its just how I feel.

Lucario was among the non-gen V Pokémon more advertised for Black 2/White 2 and was again on the spotlight for XY for the Mega Evolutions (alongside Mewtwo).

I don't see how Lucario has become irrelevant, considering he's still promoted and still a popular Pokémon.

I like Mewtwo and all, but I know as well that Lucario has become among the most iconic Pokémon of the franchise.
Correct.

D

Deleted member

If I were in charge of the Pokémon IP, I'd push all things Raichu to the limit. As a means of payback, Pichu would become irrelevant. Who agrees?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
799.gif

It's finally here...

So, what's new everyone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom