• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Christ, the stupidity is real with these feminists thinking they have the knowledge to analyze video games. Nintendo does something positive for National Women's Month with their characters yet one reporter for Hufingtonpost considers them terrible representations of females in real life. And now I'm starting to hate anyone like Anita and the other "bad feminists" these days. :rolleyes:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alexis-kleinman/nintendo-doesnt-understand-women_b_6893130.html

You know that everything is wrong for extreme feminists, right ? If they don't have a world where there's only woman, they'll always complain.
Heck, I think they'll still find a way to still be annoying in a world with only woman. Probably putting the fault on "Boyish girls" or stuff like this.
The human species is dumb a lot of times, isn't it ?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I can't believe this is a thing.
I never thought anyone would find anything negative about Nintendo's "You Can Do It!" cards until I looked even deeper in NeoGaf and found the link to this very article. Considering the day and age we are in, anyone that develops a video game (Even someone as innocent as Nintendo) is considered a voluntary target in the eyes of feminists. The fact that Anita is going to help develop Mirror's Edge 2 makes me fully convinced that female rights groups would eventually take over our media one day.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I never thought anyone would find anything negative about Nintendo's "You Can Do It!" cards until I looked even deeper in NeoGaf and found the link to this very article. Considering the day and age we are in, anyone that develops a video game (Even someone as innocent as Nintendo) is considered a voluntary target in the eyes of feminists. The fact that Anita is going to help develop Mirror's Edge 2 makes me fully convinced that female rights groups would eventually take over our media one day.
tumblr_mtjbbjLlaV1selp5ao7_250.gif

If Japan exist, no feminist will conquer this world. The "plot" in their products are too strong.

Last edited:

Soul.

Christ, the stupidity is real with these feminists thinking they have the knowledge to analyze video games. Nintendo does something positive for National Women's Month with their characters yet one reporter for Hufingtonpost considers them terrible representations of females in real life. And now I'm starting to hate anyone like Anita and the other "bad feminists" these days. :rolleyes:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alexis-kleinman/nintendo-doesnt-understand-women_b_6893130.html
Pointless article.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I thought they are just a vocal and attention craving minority. Was I wrong?

:231:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

You think that's bad? Read this ****:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tors-big-eyes-chubby-cheeks-button-noses.html

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
View attachment 43659
If Japan exist, no feminist will conquer this world. The "plot" in their products are too strong.
Liked for the king and agreed with the point.

Th only thing girls like Anita can touch are Western developed products since a majority of these "sexist" games are from Japan and their female rights are nonexistent. So they can complain all they want about these titles, but they'll have to speak with the nation of Japan if they really want to prove their points. :laugh:

Please Smokey the Bear, put this abomination out of its misery. :urg:

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Man, Im still stumped by that article. That ruined my friday mood.
I just wish I could grab these people and

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
All my Minecraft world builds, after my first one, have all been the same

Symmetrical and flat

My first one is a twisted winding path and a mess of different things I built from other worlds

I'm starting to think to make it more interesting I should do like "Etho" did and build in a cave system

Soul.

Doesn't even need to say 'tumblr' to call it BS.

How is there no variety in these faces? Even as an artist, I don't need to state the differences.
The eyes look the same on everyone. Smaller? Yes, but they have the same structure.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If they take over our media one day, dis gon b gud.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think they point is Tumblr wants females in disney movies to have big, funny noses

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So the women don't think they have enough power when they already control the men's wallets, cars, social lives and pretty much everything else EXCEPT OUR MEDIA? :troll:

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
The eyes look the same on everyone. Smaller? Yes; but they have the same structure.
There's a range of different head shapes. Some of them are the same, but there's definitely some range. Look between Rapunzel and Meridia's head shapes, for example. Not to mention the hairstyles.

It's hard to change the design of the eye while still retaining the art style, especially for Disney/Pixar. You could easily make a character go from pretty to evil if you draw the eyes oddly.

D

Deleted member

Doesn't even need to say 'tumblr' to call it BS.

How is there no variety in these faces? Even as an artist, I don't need to state the differences.
I'd say there is some kind of variety, but most of them are the same thing. That one smile.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe instead of giving females large, funny noses like they give guys

They should stop giving guys large, funny noses

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Maybe instead of giving females large, funny noses like they give guys

They should stop giving guys large, funny noses
So you're saying they should have funny faces? But they wouldn't have any grace or style!
im beating a dead horse with a metal stick but who cares

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So the women don't think they have enough power when they already control the men's wallets, cars, social lives and pretty much everything else EXCEPT OUR MEDIA? :troll:
Because they want to see other women like them look powerful without being sexy and to not have "traditional gender roles" in the media. They would scream "Sexist!" if a lady is seen as feminine or sexy and not a single person would bat an eye if a man was in a similar situation. But hey, that's the wonderful concept known as double standards.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
People : "Doc will always be a low tier."
Me :

giphy (5).gif

"Come say this to my face, you foolish fool !"

Yes, I'm trying to change the subject ? What ?

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Because they want to see other women like them look powerful without being sexy and to not have "traditional gender roles" in the media. They would scream "Sexist!" if a lady is seen as feminine or sexy and not a single person would bat an eye if a man was in a similar situation. But hey, that's the wonderful concept known as double standards.
Shulk in his underwear, no one bats an eye. ZSS's alt, everyone loses their minds.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Shulk in his underwear, no one bats an eye. ZSS's alt, everyone loses their minds.
And in a similar, more personal case: Ryu gets to bare his chest, no one bats an eye. the morbidly obese Rufus bares his chest, everyone loses their minds. This goes to show that double standards come in many shapes and sizes. :troll:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Lucario is different : he's easy to find (literally gaved to you by the champion in D/P/P), needs love to evolve, shoots beams, has a super expensive movepool to expand dongs and minds of kids discovring him, had a great design, and was promoted through a movie. To this day, just like Mewtwo, Lucario is used as the "Toy who can make new kids buy our stuff", appearing in the anime multiple times, having a mega-evolution to introduce new gameplay mechanics and many other things like this.
-The Champion doesn't give you a Riolu, it's Riley, and you don't even have to get it as Iron Island is optional (and that's the only place you can get it).
-I don't see why love shows how "special' it is, by that point in logic, Magmar is special.
-He has a great movepool, but a lot of Pokémon do (and a lot don't, but beside the point).
-Design is subjective, just because something is intended to be cool doesn't mean it'll come off that way. It could've very easily flopped if it didn't catch anyone's eye.
-The movie is a valid point as it's something most others don't get, but it's also not the only time a Pokémon has been promoted highly nor does a movie mean that it's going to hit it off with the fanbase. If the popularity sticks, then it's doing something more then just being "that one rare Pokémon in the movie," there's likely more of an appeal to it that people like about it.

But if we look at it, sure, Mewtwo and Lucario are similar. Both are super overrated, have a lot of fans, gets a lot of attention and are known by many. I still think though that Lucario was more builded to BE popular more than Mewtwo in a way.
In a way, a lot of Pokémon are "built" to be popular. Think about how we're introduced into a generation, they show us a number of Pokemon, hype them up, and then give out the game with the Pokémon that stand out the most at the forefront. They appear in movies, get caught by the main characters, in the card games, show up in advertisements, among other such promotions. GF knows that the fanbase pays attention to the Pokémon because they're the ones we're going to be collecting and battling with, so they give a number of them attention to sell the games. Starters and Legendaries in particular have to play by this because in the former case, they are the ones we're supposed to keep using on our adventure, so they have to stand out from the rest so that we continue to like them (and thus, they get cool stuff and toys others don't). Similarly, the legendaries have to stand out because they sell the movies, and in the case of the cover mascots, help sell the games. This is especially the case in Gen 1 as the starters doubled as the mascots of the generation, so they're on the cover selling their games alongside already being strongly marketed as a starter.

As for Mewtwo, yeah it didn't have a movie that showcased it (though they build up to that in the anime somewhat), but it was built up to be this awesome Pokémon within the games. It got a lore to it that the other legendaries didn't get (in fact, the birds got nothing at all), it's connected to an extremely rare Pokémon that no one knew about until later, it's the final boss that we see and have to battle, and it's the most powerful and broken thing in the game. It's definitely something that was given a lot of attention to ahead of its fellows in the generation.

Having said that, just because they may be pushed doesn't mean they will be popular. Zoroark was intended to be popular and it didn't hit it off, Mega Mewtwo Y was as well and it fell off, so on and so forth. Popularity is not something that's just easily "bought," you can try to appeal to it and get the results you want, but it's not always going to play out the way you want it. In the end, it's still up to the fanbase to react in the way that makes it popular regardless of its origins, and if what is popular remains so, then it did something that allowed the fanbase to keep loving it.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So you're saying they should have funny faces? But they wouldn't have any grace or style!
im beating a dead horse with a metal stick but who cares
Honestly, that horse has ascended past the plane of death to the point where it is more than dead.
It's like, Ultra-dead.

Good Afternoon SmashBoards!
How are you guys not doing today?

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Has anyone else ever had problems registering codes at Club Nintendo? I'm trying to input several different codes, and even though they're right it doesn't even come up with the error message after I click on next, it just re-loads the same screen:mad:
As if it wasn't annoying without this problem. I could get up to 5 games but I've only been able to get 2 so far due to problems, problems, problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom