• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0Y

Smash Master
Okay guys, let's be serious for a second.

@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux come on, people don't work that way. She's not blaming you for something that didn't happen. Don't overanalyze.

Wow I didnt know safe search could make some videos not play
Why do you use safe search? You're an adult and anyone posting anything deeply offensive here would get the banhammer dropped on them.

what do i have to do with this ???????? lmao

uh. derp?
See, IMPOSSIBLE!!!

EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
Damnit!

no no it isn't your fault. don't think that. She just felt it was time to do and needed to tell someone

and the shipping is bad
See, shipping makes some people really uncomfortable. Not Envy though I think, she was quite comfortable with playful chat. We need to remember than Obo may have had tough experiences in the past with ignorant people (yes I realize I'm being a jackass by typing this out but I wouldn't ship you with anyone :p.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Smashboards news: Gaming Historian posts videos regarding Smash Bros..
I remember checking out his videos back in 2010. Those were good but now I don't use YouTube that much. :troll:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I guess it's time to stop shipping.
*burns published copy of Rocket Raccoon x SmashRiver64*
*cancels Nintendo-Spider151 x Mother Gothel movie and it's 12 sequels*

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Why do you use safe search? You're an adult and anyone posting anything deeply offensive here would get the banhammer dropped on them.
I was looking up Lopunny pictures for icons aaaand yep you can guess from there
See, shipping makes some people really uncomfortable. Not Envy though I think, she was quite comfortable with playful chat. We need to remember than Obo may have had tough experiences in the past with ignorant people (yes I realize I'm being a ******* by typing this out but I wouldn't ship you with anyone :p.)
And I thank you for that.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
@ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux come on, people don't work that way. She's not blaming you for something that didn't happen. Don't overanalyze.
Nah, I'm still just stuck in "that just happened" mode. I'm not really thinking of anything besides "well, now what?"

I need to get my mind on something else...
Well, R34 didn't work, for once.

I really hope we get :4ness::4gaw::4olimar::4duckhunt::4pacman: Amiibo...

And
as DLC... with eventual Amiibo.

:4kirby:Is lonely...Like me.

I was looking up Lopunny pictures for icons aaaand yep you can guess from there
Sounds like a good thing to me. Probably some good cropped icons to use from there.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Sneezing for 3 minutes sucks; self-reminder: going outside to put the trash in the can without using a jacket/sweater is not a good idea.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
As I play Alpha sapphire I noticed that ever since drink vending machines were added to basically everywhere that its overall better to buy from them instead of buying potions. Soda being a super potion+1 and much cheaper always amused me.

R0Y

Smash Master
As I play Alpha sapphire I noticed that ever since drink vending machines were added to basically everywhere that its overall better to buy from them instead of buying potions. Soda being a super potion+1 and much cheaper always amused me.
Still the best vending machines ever in a game:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Having that machines saved me time; also its really fun to buy Lemonades at the Magma Hideout

*snip*
.... Why?
Big Macs NEVER AGAIN

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Having that machines saved me time; also its really fun to buy Lemonades at the Magma Hideout
Yeah! Aqua/Magma Hideout vending machines are the best due to being the cheapest in the game! The one at the weather institute is one hell of a rip off though. 500 for a soda, jeez.

D

Deleted member

Pfft. Envy is leaving? Wow. I can't believe that. It is sad to see a member of the site go, but like @ Space Stranger Space Stranger said, that's how life works. For me I don't think I'll quit this site anytime soon, as I have no other main website to go to. *laughs* :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yeah! Aqua/Magma Hideout vending machines are the best due to being the cheapest in the game! The one at the weather institute is one hell of a rip off though. 500 for a soda, jeez.
They have different prices? I just bought Soda/Lemonade mindlessly...luckily I didn't bought anything at the Insititute :p

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
They have different prices? I just bought Soda/Lemonade mindlessly...luckily I didn't bought anything at the Insititute :p
Yeah, like regular soda price is 350, Weather Institute is 500 and Aqua/Magma hideout is 250. Strange but it does help, when you are not at the Weather Institute anyway.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
For me I don't think I'll live this site anytime soon, as I have no other main website to go to. *laughs* :troll:
Well I would assume so. Unless we've finally figured out a way to make residence in websites...

Just felt like reshowing this masterpiece to all of you again.
I still firmly hold the belief to this day that the clipping sword is the best part.

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I am seriously hoping this Soaring thing is a sign of HMs being phased out as it completely replaces the Fly HM. HMs becoming TMs and Key items take over the role of clearing obstacles would be a dream come true.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I am seriously hoping this Soaring thing is a sign of HMs being phased out as it completely replaces the Fly HM. HMs becoming TMs and Key items take over the role of clearing obstacles would be a dream come true.
I have high hopes for that, everything can replaced it easily
HM01 Cut: Big Scissors, chainsaw maybe?
HM02: Fly: The Soaring Feature using more kinds of Pokémon
HM03 Surf: A portable raft; If the player can carry bicycles why not a raft/boat?
HM04 Strength: This is hard; power enchancing gauntlets maybe?
HM05 Flash: A freaking Lamp, nuff said
HM06: Dive: A full scuba gear
HM07: Waterfall: An upgrade to the portable raft, like a motor, also this is helpful to beat Whirlpools too
HM08: Defog: A Fan.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
HM03 Surf: A portable raft; If the player can carry bicycles why not a raft/boat?
HM07: Waterfall: An upgrade to the portable raft, like a motor, also this is helpful to beat Whirlpools too
Well Flash was demoted to TM a good long while ago and on top of that dark areas are easily navigated so it has no reason to even exist as a move anymore. But yeah Id agree with this.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I have a better idea. Let's make Dive and Waterfall a part of Surf. And completely get rid of Cut (I mean, really. Who uses Cut apart from early on?).

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I have a better idea. Let's make Dive and Waterfall a part of Surf. And completely get rid of Cut (I mean, really. Who uses Cut apart from early on?).
Naw, Key items replacing them and move the retired HMs to the TM list would be better since some HMs are viable combat moves.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Dfog isnt a HM thought?
"However, in HeartGold and SoulSilver, it loses its HM status in favor of Whirlpool."
and
"Defog cannot be used outside of battle without the Fen Badge in Diamond and Pearl and the Relic Badge in Platinum.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
"some" HMs, notably surf, Rock climb (used to be an HM), and waterfall are very much viable and highly used.
Still, couldn't one simply make them their own attacks and give the effects to other HMs (like the aforementioned Waterfall/Dive to Surf)?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Ironically Cut helped me sometimes; I was catching Azelf in Platinum, but I forgot my False Swiper; I used Cut to do minimal amounts of damage until reaching red.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Still, couldn't one simply make them their own attacks and give the effects to other HMs (like the aforementioned Waterfall/Dive to Surf)?
Its a massive headache to deal with HMs to clear a path since you have to hunt for the pokemon that can even learn it in the first place and not only that you also have to deal with the HM permanently placed on your pokemon till you find the move deleter. I would much rather it go the path of Key items taking over the HM role as it leaves the retired HMs that are lackluster to be buffed or get new effects which would never happen if they stayed an HM.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
There was a surfboard originally

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Another idea is replacing HMs with Pokémon's natural characteristics
For example Strength: any Pokémon weighing more than 200lb. can move boulders
Surf: Any Water Type Pokémon taller than 1.5m can be rideable
Fly: Any Flying Type Pokémon can use it without using a moveslot

This changes are harder to apply (specially because they use the logic and Pokémon doesn't care about it lol) so I prefer using objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom