• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Well, devils never cry. :p

The 25th anniversary thing reminds me of what happened to Metroid...

Did F-Zero ever have an anniversary? I think Mother/EarthBound had one by fans, but I never heard about a F-Zero one. At this rate, Captain Falcon should just become a SSB character who only existed and was (re)born in SBB.
F-Zero's next anniversary would be 2016 but F-Zero has been on life support for so long that Nintendo forgot what to do with it.
Maybe this has something to do with the whole Fire emblem thing?
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/12...nt-dawn-soundtracks-coming-to-japan-in-march/
If it comes out in the West *sobs*

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
As a Mac main all I have to say is.....
U bloody Wot m80?
lmao jk :p :)

Maybe I'm the only Mac main who feels this way, but I feel like Mac is (sort of) in the same situation as old Cammy in Super Turbo, where in order for any old cammy main to be decent, people have to learn the game instead of learn the character.
i.e Learn every character and figure out ways to counter/ deal with any problems she may have against X character.

Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way perhaps..... I dunno :p
Aww... you don't want Little Mac to come back as a cyborg ****** like Raiden? Damn... How is Platinum Games going to make an over-the-top game with Little Mac now?!

My Little Mac and Zelda just arrived! <3
I don't know why, but I want to ship this. I really, really don't know why. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
F-Zero's next anniversary would be 2016 but F-Zero has been on life support for so long that Nintendo forgot what to do with it.
Make remakes then like what they did to Star Fox, Fire Emblem, and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask? :glare:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I finally got to play Smash Wii U for the first time today.

AND IT FEELS SO GOOD

I AM SO HAPPY

I missed Smashing online on da big screen (I will continue to play the 3DS version though as well).

Now all I have to do is work on improving my skills, then the real fun will begin.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Now E3 2015 just needs to focus on Star Fox, Zelda U, Fire Emblem and F-Zero to pique my interest.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Inb4 another Mario game but this time with dog transformations :awesome:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Technically, that already happened with Super Mario Bros. 3 with the Tanooki Suit and Tanooki Mario and Luigi; tanooki are raccoon dogs. :p

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I'll laugh so hard is there's Super Doge Shibe Bros....

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
What about a legitimately good Toy Story game being announced?
I would need to change my supply of pants if this actually happened.
Or anything that isn't the Cape Feather: The best item that has yet to return...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I would need to change my supply of pants if this actually happened.

Or anything that isn't the Cape Feather: The best item that has yet to return...
That item rocks, but it's kinda OP sometimes; unlimited fly useful to skip entire levels and the ability of causing earthquakes when landing fast makes the game too easy sometimes.

Isn't there an actual rom hack of this?
Time to use Google then :p

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman
Moar Kirbeh Anime quotes. c:

I just love how in the Japanese version of the Kirby Anime, Dedede says "zoi" at the end of a sentence. Also, this.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
That's because this Star Fox is the first new one in ten years, while FE gets updates every two-three years.
Yeah, but even so, I can assure you that even if their situations were swapped, more people would be worried about Star Fox.

Fire Emblem, is something I see people in the general community to barely speak of, overshadowed not only by :4mario:, Smash Pokémon and :4zelda:, but also by Metroid, :4dk:, :4kirby:, F-Zero, Punch-Out!!, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, heck, even Earthbound and Golden Sun overshadow it and I've seen people talking more about Kid Icarus than Fire Emblem.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Yeah, but even so, I can assure you that even if their situations were swapped, more people would be worried about Star Fox.

Fire Emblem, is something I see people in the general community to barely speak of, overshadowed not only by :4mario:, Smash Pokémon and :4zelda:, but also by Metroid, :4dk:, :4kirby:, F-Zero, Punch-Out!!, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, heck, even Earthbound and Golden Sun overshadow it and I've seen people talking more about Kid Icarus than Fire Emblem.
That's because Fire Emblem is a difficult RPG, usually with deep stories and characters, meaning it's targeted specifically to hardcore gamers.
It makes sense that the series targeted to hardcore gamers and casuals are more popular than this.

NintenNess

Smash Journeyman

Not only Fire Emblem is overshadowed, but few forgotten Nintendo franchises like Shin Onigashima and Clu Clu Land are rarely discussed.

(EDIT: Misspelled Shin Onigashima. Now it's fix'd)

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
That's because Fire Emblem is a difficult RPG, usually with deep stories and characters, meaning it's targeted specifically to hardcore gamers.
It makes sense that the series targeted to hardcore gamers and casuals are more popular than this.
Difficult?
Sacred Stones and Awakening say hello. :troll:

In all seriousness, FE never had a warm welcome to new players until Awakening. It also didn't help that Nintendo's marketing for the previous games sucked.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of anime, I finished Death Note yesterday, bringing the list up to
Finished:
Death Note
Soul Eater
Kill la Kill
High School of the Dead
Full Metal Alchemist

Currently unfinished:
Dragon Ball Z (I think I'm somewhere in the Cell to Buu saga)
Naruto (Only watched the first season, need to get the others)
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (Damn Netflix won't upload the last season)
Attack On Titan (I finished all the episodes, just have to wait until 2016 for more)

I'm probably going to watch Madoka Magica next. I swear, @Kermit the Ninja the show better be as good as you say it is. :laugh:
Late response, but I'm probably overhyping it a bit in all honesty. Kind of like you and Vaati :troll: But if you don't like it, the advantage is that it is only 12 episodes and roughly 5 and a half hours of your time, so it's not too much of a waste. Or you can just stop watching. Just a note, it only starts getting good at the end of episode 3. Episodes 1 and 2 are pretty boring.

But please, do yourself a favor and watch it subbed. PLEASE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom