• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Not sure how you know how she's Canadian, so I've got a good mind to do a full scale inquiry on you, but that requires effort, and I ain't having that.

Instead, im going to continue contemplating on the identity of the girl in your signature

Seriously! Who the heck is that? I don't remember seeing her in any nintendo platformer or something, but my first guess would've been something third party or just animated movie/show.
The sig is of Luna from FFXV

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
while some dislike gamestop for its customer service, i on the other hand dislike them for their management.

remember xenoblade chronicles? Gamestop was given the rights to print more copies as they were the exclusive distributers in USA. The suggested retail price by nintendo for a new copy was the usual price of a triple A nintendo wii game. However, a used copy could be priced however gamestop wished AND gamestop gets ALL the profits. Gamestop eventually started printing new copies and calling them used. Priced at 80 or 90!
thats just ONE example of why people dislike gamestop. i could bring in many stories and testimonials from people who worke on the inside and had to deal with management.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That (the whole bleed and breed art + nurture your creative nature thing) came up when they launched the new logo and the edgy font. Sonic recolors, Elsa x Jack Frost images, and boring stuff is at home over there. I don't go to that site as much as before. It became a wasteland of sorts.
DA is a lot like Youtube.

One portion of it is excellent, one portion of it is stupid, and the other remaining portion of it is confusing and disgusting.

In Youtube's case, the stupid part is the biggest of the bunch, while on DA there's more disgusting stuff than there is actual stupidity.

Also, relevant to the recolor "original" character thing:

Being a huge Lion King fan, the fact that so many recolor "OCs" exist within the fanbase is honestly really saddening to me.

D

Deleted member

And I'm still surprised that Unfinished Battle isn't on the soundtrack.
I'm more surprised that Colony 9 isn't in the soundtrack. It would have fit Gaur Plain so well. But whatever, I got the boss theme and a (shortened) Engage the Enemy so I can't complain.

Also your avatar. Is it random VA avatar time again? I think I still have Ai Nonaka from when everyone went Kyouko

Last edited by a moderator:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
And I'm still surprised that Unfinished Battle isn't on the soundtrack.
You just changed your avatar. Who is the fair maiden in the picture? WHO?!
I just came back from a win/loss streak in FG...bear with me

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
DA is a lot like Youtube.

One portion of it is excellent, one portion of it is stupid, and the other remaining portion of it is confusing and disgusting.

In Youtube's case, the stupid part is the biggest of the bunch, while on DA there's more disgusting stuff than there is actual stupidity.

Also, relevant to the recolor "original" character thing:

Being a huge Lion King fan, the fact that so many recolor "OCs" exist within the fanbase is honestly really saddening to me.

That's just a shiny Liteo, I have like 3 of them :troll:

....not really

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Also your avatar. Is it random VA avatar time again? I think I still have Ai Nonaka from when everyone went Kyouko
No, Kermit, this is not random VA avatar time (whatever that means)
You just changed your avatar. Who is the fair maiden in the picture? WHO?!
I just came back from a win/loss streak in FG...bear with me
It's just a picture of Lucahjin.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Well, I gotta go sleep.
I'll let you all with some Snoop Doggy Dog parody of Nichijou :

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yep, not all Gamestops are bad; but sometimes their services are too overwhelming ("you wanna preodrer this?", "if you buy this game you can preorder the sequel", etc.)
Huh, the Gamestops that I've been to are hardly like that. The closest one near me has employees that do business quick and fast. It's just like, you put your game on the counter, purchase it, then you're done. I guess it's more quiet here, but other than when I'm purchasing a game, the only other times they talk to me is when they say "Do you need help finding anything?" after they see me looking around for a bit or when they greet me.

I kinda wish some employees would talk more about video games to me. I remember when the Bravely Default demo was available, the guy at the cash was all like "Are you going to download the Bravely Default demo?" when I went to purchase some 3DS game. He actually reminded me of the demo because I completely forgot about it. Then he was talking about the game & Square Enix's involvement and whatnot (there was no one else in line, so it was okay). Well, I don't mind when people talk vidya games, sometimes I learn some new things. We're both basically nerds haha.

while some dislike gamestop for its customer service, i on the other hand dislike them for their management.

remember xenoblade chronicles? Gamestop was given the rights to print more copies as they were the exclusive distributers in USA. The suggested retail price by nintendo for a new copy was the usual price of a triple A nintendo wii game. However, a used copy could be priced however gamestop wished AND gamestop gets ALL the profits. Gamestop eventually started printing new copies and calling them used. Priced at 80 or 90!
thats just ONE example of why people dislike gamestop. i could bring in many stories and testimonials from people who worke on the inside and had to deal with management.
Now ****ty management is something I could believe in, as I have heard many Gamestop stories as such (including the one you just explained).

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Christ, am I the only one who's despising these Star Wars ads? It's not as bad as the popups, but it's certainly getting up there.
(And yes I am perfectly aware of Adblock and the perks of a Premium membership. But personally I don't really plan on downloading the former, and is too poor to get the latter.)

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Christ, am I the only one who's despising these Star Wars ads? It's not as bad as the popups, but it's certainly getting up there.
(And yes I am perfectly aware of Adblock and the perks of a Premium membership. But personally I don't really plan on downloading the former, and is too poor to get the latter.)
iPad master race (when it comes to ads at least...)

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
have you been looking at a lot of Star wars stuff? I'm not getting of them only a banner for clip studio Paint.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
It's different per person. For example, I have an ad for a manga paint tool from Clip Studio Paint and one for Archonia.com.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
have you been looking at a lot of Star wars stuff? I'm not getting of them only a banner for clip studio Paint.
Nope. Nor Lego for that matter. It keeps appearing regardless of my search history.

Edit: And even then it comes in multiple forms. I remember seeing both Lego Minecraft and Hearthstone (once again, not interested in either).

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Nope. Nor Lego for that matter. It keeps appearing regardless of my search history.

Edit: And even then it comes in multiple forms. I remember seeing both Lego Minecraft and Hearthstone (once again, not interested in either).
well there isn't anything bad about using adblocker. Its not like the mods will ban you if you use it. Im curious about what ads Ill get once I turn adblocker off

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
well there isn't anything bad about using adblocker. Its not like the mods will ban you if you use it. Im curious about what ads Ill get once I turn adblocker off
I'm not saying that, it's just I've never really gave a crap to download it.
(Also, I'd rather not be haunted by the admins. They're rather scary with their dark powers and all...)

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Adblock is your friend, but I have turned it off in the boards; Im used to see ads saying me that I won and iPhone.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
(Also, I'd rather not be haunted by the admins. They're rather scary with their dark powers and all...)
Don't worry. Warchamp has proof I have AdBlock turned on and I'm still alive.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What are admins going do do to you? I dont think they would be able to do much

Nothing can happen if you have it on right? Because i remember someone got on me and chewed me out for using adblocker on twitch xD

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
What are admins going do do to you?

don't tell me they can get you for having adblock on in your preference?
No, I PM'd him once with a site problem with a picture of the lay-out (with AdBlock turned on) and the only thing he mentioned about it was him(?) joking about me having it turned on.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And on the inside?

What are admins going do do to you? I dont think they would be able to do much
You don't know? I've heard they've reached the highest level of black magic.
One second you're alive, and the next an Ultima is thrown right at you. It's rather frightening if you ask me.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ah it's a YouTuber. I thought it was a voice actress. Dang it, I even found the perfect Chiwa Saitō avatar.

Another time perhaps.
Lucahjin can do voices, but they're based on old stereotypes and such - she's almost 40, I think, mid-to-late 30's. Her natural voice is well natural, but she can make it more high-pitched and it sounds cute and sweet. She also runs an ASMR channel called Relaxajin. Warning: Lucahjin's normally vulgar and wacky, but not on Pewdiepie's or Uberhaxornova's levels of wacky, vulgar, and perhaps, borderline offensive. She'll find innuendos from anything e.g. give her an image of a piece of paper and she'll probably find an innuendo about it. Otherwise, some of her videos are normal and really thoughtful like her Suikoden II and Shadow of the Colossus projects. Relaxajin's well, relaxed, hence, the name - I never watched one of her Relaxajin videos, though. Oh, and she loves horse. Not - maybe not - ponies, but horses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom