• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The next Smash will not be developed by Sakurai, and if there's a handheld and a console version, the new dev won't be so particular.

I'm excited to get some fresh eyes looking over it (in 5 years time, though).
I'm a little scared, to be honest. Dev replacements can improve things, but there's also a LOT that can go wrong.

If they keep :4megaman::4sonic::4lucario: and continue to ban :4mii::4miif: from online With Anyone play, though, I'll be (mostly) fine.

If not. . .:evil::demon::salt::shaker::bomb:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Don't count on it. Cuts should be considered normal in a game like this. There's a few characters on this roster I wouldn't miss. Some obvious... some not so obvious.
I still can't believe my Ice Climbers are gone.
*cough*the clones*cough*paletuna*cough*greninja*cough*mii fighters*cough

The next Smash will not be developed by Sakurai, and if there's a handheld and a console version, the new dev won't be so particular.
I'm excited to get some fresh eyes looking over it (in 5 years time, though).
I am as well. Though I'm quite worried that either
- The new dev will want to make the next Smash stand out from the rest and cut/radically change half the cast for no reason
- The new dev will adhere to Sakurai's creative process and not change enough

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I don't really care if one has the world's most amazing gimmick as long as their moveset is unique and decent, the character is overall likeable in their own series, and isn't blunt promotion material.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I'm a little scared, to be honest. Dev replacements can improve things, but there's also a LOT that can go wrong.

If they keep :4megaman::4sonic::4lucario: and continue to ban :4mii::4miif: from online With Anyone play, though, I'll be (mostly) fine.

If not. . .:evil::demon::salt::shaker::bomb:
You do realize with Capcom's current situation (money wise), a buyout for either Cap itself for the MM IP is near inevitable, and the new director will very likely not be able to use Mega Man next game, right?

D

Deleted member

Personally, I prefer nothing. Yes, I have no true favorite game genre. It all comes down to what I enjoy. :troll:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Really? I think Zelda is perhaps the best looking female-fighter in the game. Sheik and Toon Link look good too. Link does look kind of bad, and I have no idea what they were thinking with Ganondorf.
I think Palutena beats SSB4 Zelda by a landslide and as much as I hate to say it, Brawl Zelda as well

Im sorry if Offended you, I should of said that in a nicer way.
Nah, I tried to say "K" in a jokingly way but oh well

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You do realize with Capcom's current situation (money wise), a buyout for either Cap itself for the MM IP is near inevitable, and the new director will very likely not be able to use Mega Man next game, right?
Sega and Capcom are both trashing themselves.

I'm pretty scared about that, too, but I hope that they can both hang on long enough to provide their admissions again.

Or Ninty can just get a crudton of new money and buy them both. :4megaman::4sonic::happysheep:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think Palutena beats SSB4 Zelda by a landslide and as much as I hate to say it, Brawl Zelda as well

Nah, I tried to say "K" in a jokingly way but oh well
I find Palutena expressionless and dull. I was very excited to play as her, but now I wouldn't miss her in the slightest.

She has so much personality in Uprising, but almost none in Smash, bar her Codecs.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Don't count on it. Cuts should be considered normal in a game like this. There's a few characters on this roster I wouldn't miss. Some obvious... some not so obvious.

I still can't believe my Ice Climbers are gone.
They can just make DLC, I don't mind buying a characters especially if one of those characters is my main. I really don't see the roster getting any bigger than this, I don't know what they can add at this point.
*cough*the clones*cough*paletuna*cough*greninja*cough*mii fighters*cough

I am as well. Though I'm quite worried that either
- The new dev will want to make the next Smash stand out from the rest and cut/radically change half the cast for no reason
- The new dev will adhere to Sakurai's creative process and not change enough
I don't get why the Mii fighters was added anyway? You can't use them online, I don't even play as them offine, people would rather play as the their favorite fighter than them so I feel they are a waste of time.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Something I've been wondering about Majora's Mask all these years. Random thought time!

When everything is said and done: Majora gets defeated by Link and the Moon dissolves into nothingness, I wonder how hard it was for Link to tell the Gorons about Darmanti's passing and the Zoras/Indigo-Gos about Mikau's? Does he give them the mask of their friend or are they left to mourn? What would the reaction be knowing that Link used their spirit/body to fulfill saving the world? I'd personally be shocked knowing some 12 year old used my friend's spirit, from a mask no less, to use for his own bidding.

I could go into more detail, but work is calling. See you guys at 8.

Warsaint777

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3797-7379-6106
Hey s4 for 3ds players whom frequent this thread, I figured I'd hit this place up a bit more since I do have the game after all.

That being said would anyone wish to fight me briefly?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I don't get why the Mii fighters was added anyway? You can't use them online, I don't even play as them offine, people would rather play as the their favorite fighter than them so I feel they are a waste of time.
  1. Now weebs/12 year olds can finally play as their Lord and Savior, Goku.
  2. So I guess For Friends stopped existing? :p
  3. You should make a Woody Mii. In fact, we all should.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
I find Palutena expressionless and dull. I was very excited to play as her, but now I wouldn't miss her in the slightest.

She has so much personality in Uprising, but almost none in Smash, bar her Codecs.
What? You must be talking about this Palutena

Ironic Zelda fan says Palutena is better :p
Sorrynotsorry
I'm a Zelda fan of the games really and if anything Brawl Zelda is my favorite.
And I can't help that Palutena is the only one of my top 5 to make it :(

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I'll see if I can do it or not. What is it about?
Just make me a support sig for the next Smash. Make them like your other pics, but put a certain background pic in their instead of a standard color (and preferably smaller, so they can fit in my sig)
From left to right, I want K. Rool (Gangplank Galleo BG), Ridley (Brawl Norfair BG), Kamek (Yoshi's Island Castle BG), Bandana Dee (Cookie Country BG), and Meowth (64 Saffron City BG)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I ate 2 pounds of fried chicken
No Ragrets

So, what I missed?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
They can just make DLC, I don't mind buying a characters especially if one of those characters is my main. I really don't see the roster getting any bigger than this, I don't know what they can add at this point.

I really like Mii Gunner, and I use it when I play With Friends matches.
The Miis are really fun characters IMO, I'm glad they're in.
People would rather play as the their favorite fighter than them so I feel they are a waste of time.
What if their favorite fighter IS a Mii Fighter though?
What then?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Hey s4 for 3ds players whom frequent this thread, I figured I'd hit this place up a bit more since I do have the game after all.

That being said would anyone wish to fight me briefly?
I'm up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom