• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Sorry to quote the same thing twice, but wait-wait-wait-wait-wait.

Same artists or same writers?

Because if it's the latter. . .

:4sonic:WHAT.:4sonic:
I don't know exactly except both are from Mondo. Thankfully Gundarr is nowhere near as disturbing or graphic as Happy Tree Friends (I don't like graphic stuff.)

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Everything should use Havok engine, it makes the best ragdoll physics in all of history.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just got my import copies of FE9 and FE10's soundtracks in the mail. :ike::4myfriends:

It's kinda odd but FE9 came with a large cardboard holder but FE10 didn't. FE9 also has all of it's songs listed in English whereas FE10 doesn't. It's weird but at least the cardboard holder conveniently holds both soundtracks even though they're sold separately.

Sadly neither have a special booklet beyond track listings/credits despite what I read on NeoGAF. >_>

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Why is it when people bring up characters they like or want for Smash you bash them? Is having an open mind impossible? Who cares if it's never going to happen, no one asked for you to rain on his list. Plus, it's not like you work directly under Sakurai, anyone remember when Dark Pit was never going to happen? :056:
That's not it at all.

I don't hate Bandana Dee, but the thing is: he doesn't have ANY moveset potential.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
That's not it at all.

I don't hate Bandana Dee, but the thing is: he doesn't have ANY moveset potential.
That's what you think
There are people can think up move sets for him like @ Chandeelure Chandeelure for instance
Plus we've seen Sakurai make characters work, it takes creativity and an open mind
:4duckhunt::4villager::4wiifit::4falcon:<<<<<<<<<
So your argument is invalid
But I'm not going to turn this into the Character Discussion thread :234:

Last edited:

Soul.

Havok isn't a game engine, it's a physics engine...Or was that the joke?
Is Havok the reason every modern game looks like it's made of plastic?
No, I think Havok is the reason Brawl looks like Brawl physics-wise. B-reverse, wavebounce and all that stuff are present in Smash 4.
This is a conspiracy.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
That's not it at all.

He has a bit, though.

He's no Isaac, but I've seen Kirby's Spear abilities in Triple Deluxe and you could easily make a moveset off of that.

I'm indifferent to him, but the potential is there, however bland it seems.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That's what you think
There are people can think up move sets for him like @ Chandeelure Chandeelure for instance
Plus we've seen Sakurai make characters work, it takes creativity and an open mind
Why I took you off my ignore list, I don't know
Ive seen eell thought out moves for Layton once. on GAMEFAQS no less.

Its strange, mostly everyone supports Layton. on Gamefaqs

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Did anyone actually like Brawl's art style? I just really loved the gritty realistic look.
And when Link and Zelda actually looked normal

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
In smash 5 I hope no one gets cut, I like this roster I don't want they to ruining it.
Did anyone actually like Brawl's art style? I just really loved the gritty realistic look.
Not really, I prefer the bright color design of smash 4 and melee.

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
Meh. I don't miss it too much. Sure it fit some characters, but most of the time it did not.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
He has a bit, though.

He's no Isaac, but I've seen Kirby's Spear abilities in Triple Deluxe and you could easily make a moveset off of that.

I'm indifferent to him, but the potential is there, however bland it seems.
Half of those characters had plenty of moveset potential, it's that nobody ever even considered them.
Whereas everyone talks about Bandana Dee but to me he's not really appealing at all.
I'd say all of those he said had pretty good potential.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
That's what you think
Yeah, I will just ignore all those posts.

Soul.

For Smash 5/6 I want it to be on the next Nintendo handheld as well given Smash 3DS's success and overall good reception it doesn't seem too farfetched for Nintendo to not consider that.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
In smash 5 I hope no one gets cut, I like this roster I don't want they to ruining it.
Don't count on it. Cuts should be considered normal in a game like this. There's a few characters on this roster I wouldn't miss. Some obvious... some not so obvious.

I still can't believe my Ice Climbers are gone.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yes and no. I liked the idea of a realistic, detailed and dramatic Smash Bros., which was what they were originally going for, but at some point during development, they brightened up all the characters and the game, but it ended up making the game look rather washed out. Not to mention Brawl's sound effects are garbage.
I agree that Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf look way better in Brawl though - Link and Ganondorf look super derpy in Smash 4, Zelda looks like a stuck-up teenager, and all of them have ugly as hell palettes.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The next Smash will not be developed by Sakurai, and if there's a handheld and a console version, the new dev won't be so particular.

I'm excited to get some fresh eyes looking over it (in 5 years time, though).

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
and all of them have ugly as hell palettes.
I second this
Gold Tunic Link (my favorite) looks way better in Brawl than in Sm4sh
Ganon's alts for the most part look the same to me in Sm4sh, in Brawl you could tell them apart, or maybe that's me lol
:022:

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
I agree that Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf look way better in Brawl though - Link and Ganondorf look super derpy in Smash 4, Zelda looks like a stuck-up teenager, and all of them have ugly as hell palettes.
Really? I think Zelda is perhaps the best looking female-fighter in the game. Sheik and Toon Link look good too. Link does look kind of bad, and I have no idea what they were thinking with Ganondorf.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Gen 5 is awesome. It was such a bold move, and I loved that they made a game with exclusively new Pokemon. The story rocked too. In terms of Pokemon design though, some seemed a bit off. But all new games introduce weird looking things...

Gen 3 is my least favourite by a mile.
Pokemon gens eh?
Alright. My favorite is Gen 5. Especially for the ties between BW and B2W2.
I liked a lot of the designs in Gen 5, KlingKlang, Elektross, Boldore, Serperior, Samurott, Chandelure, Ferrothorn, Zoroark, Reshiram, Zekrom, etc.
I feel like Gen 5 just had a lot of good things going for it. The story, the characters, the battles, the environments, they all felt really cool to me.
And the music...
Gen 5 actually had a lot of unique music concepts that weren't brought back.
Gen 5 just loved playing with its music, what with unique themes for every gym, An altered theme for wild double battles, The PWT finals theme, remade themes for every gen's Gym leaders and champion, Low HP music, and the Final Pokemon music.
Even aside from the unique music, the regular music was just as good, Champion Iris theme, (Neo) Team Plasma theme, the rival themes, N's theme, N's farewell, Unwavering Emotion, Wild/TrainerBattles, Route 10, Village bridge, Accumula Town, Entralink, etc.
I dunno, Gen 5 just feels wide and lively to me. The various interesting Camera angles help.

I feel like Gen 5 was best at conveying certain senses(If that makes sense to you);

Gen 6 is cool, and I like it, but it just seems a little closed into itself. (If that also makes sense to you)

TL;DR I like Gen 5.
Too bad everybody else just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES saying how much they hate it.

Ah well, what can ya do?
Have some Gen 5 Music for yer days:

(P.S. I actually really like Klefki, as well as Barbaracle)
(P.S.S. I respect anyone else's opinion of any Gen of Pokemon, just as long as it isn't really stupid/hateful. Especially deliberately hateful.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom