• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
One day all the Liking users will merge to create the ultimate liking perfect beast called
"NonSpecificWolfieFfraMorbidcrazyalkario9000"
Whose likes will pierce the heavens ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I just noticed this
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノSoon we will strikeヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Nichijou really doesn't seem to be my kind of anime.

(Note: I'm only here because there's anime/manga talk going on.)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Nichijou really doesn't seem to be my kind of anime.

(Note: I'm only here because there's anime/manga talk going on.)
Your like me and whenever Bravely Default/Bravely Second is being talked about.

Yeah, It isn't my type of anime either, Id rather has some action and the best comedy I have seen is Bobobo and The Daily Live of High School Boys which is like Nichijou but.... for me, better

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Boy, Did You Know Gaming made a video about FNAF.
There's so much salt in the comments that your blood pressure rises just from looking at it.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
There's so much salt in the comments that your blood pressure rises just from looking at it.
I wouldn't trust Did You Know Gaming. I remember GoldenYuiitusin telling me that apparently, they're easily fooled by what appear to be documents about considered characters for Smash 64 when they're actually opinion polls made by fans.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Is that the Giant Hammer, or the regular hammer?
I like the Giant Hammer.
It's slow, but it's so satisfying to hit with.
The giant hammer, I find the super armor a huge plus, even though it's pretty slow
Dtilt>hammer works with the other custom (hammer bash) and kills at 90, so it's hard to choose one

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I saw Book of Life last night. It was very nice. c:

And now I'm finally gonna watch Big Hero 6. Liking it so far!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Its mostly like that because everyone insists on basing on the game without taking other peoples feelings into consideration

Like what this thread tends to do

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I wouldn't trust Did You Know Gaming. I remember GoldenYuiitusin telling me that apparently, they're easily fooled by what appear to be documents about considered characters for Smash 64 when they're actually opinion polls made by fans.
I enjoy their videos and their facts were spot on here. The problem is the comments. Boy, Im getting cancer from looking at them but I cant stop...
Its all "FNAF SUCKS", "FNAF IS THE SCUURRIEST GUEIMI EVERRR S2", "ALL FNAF FANS ARE NINE YEAR OLD *******", "I LOVE THIS GAME, SCOTT MARRY ME" and pointless arguments where no one from both sides bothers using facts to back these same arguments up.
And then you have sane people. Few, few sane people.

I enjoy this game. Its pretty well made by a game who was developed by a single person. Is it the scariest game ever? No, in my opinion. But we all are different. We are born with different views on what's scary and what's not. You might say the horror comes from jumpscares, but I digress. It instead comes from the rising tension and sense of helplessness and insecurity. The jumpscares are there to punish you for doing your job wrong. If you are seeing them so often that they become overused, then it's your fault that you are bad in this game if you're seeing them that often (or maybe youre just attempting 20/20/20/20 mode). No horror game is without jumpscares. Silent Hill had them. Resident Evil had them. Amnesia had them. Outlast had them.
Jumpscares serve for both keeping you on your toes and scared of running into them again, resulting in the already mentioned tension. "Does Five Nights at Freddy's rely on them a lot for horror?" Yes, actually. "Is that ALL the game got?" No, of course not! It also relies on your sense of danger, insecurity, and helplessness.
These things are making their ways towards you. They will get to you eventually. You cannot run from them or kill them, only delay the inevitable enough until the clock chimes at 6:00 AM or until you die.
This is what I think that makes FNAF a good game.
Hell, the first game has no animations at all! Its just 800 STILL PICTURES, amazingly enough.

Tl;dr an essay about FNAF, and why I think its a good game. If you arent interested, ignore it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I enjoy their videos and their facts were spot on here. The problem is the comments. Boy, Im getting cancer from looking at them but I cant stop...
Its all "FNAF SUCKS", "FNAF IS THE SCUURRIEST GUEIMI EVERRR S2", "ALL FNAF FANS ARE NINE YEAR OLD *******", "I LOVE THIS GAME, SCOTT MARRY ME" and pointless arguments where no one from both sides bothers using facts to back these same arguments up.
And then you have sane people. Few, few sane people.

I enjoy this game. Its pretty well made by a game who was developed by a single person. Is it the scariest game ever? No, in my opinion. But we all are different. We are born with different views on what's scary and what's not. You might say the horror comes from jumpscares, but I digress. It instead comes from the rising tension and sense of helplessness and insecurity. The jumpscares are there to punish you for doing your job wrong. If you are seeing them so often that they become overused, then it's your fault that you are bad in this game if you're seeing them that often (or maybe youre just attempting 20/20/20/20 mode). No horror game is without jumpscares. Silent Hill had them. Resident Evil had them. Amnesia had them. Outlast had them.
Jumpscares serve for both keeping you on your toes and scared of running into them again, resulting in the already mentioned tension. "Does Five Nights at Freddy's rely on them a lot for horror?" Yes, actually. "Is that ALL the game got?" No, of course not! It also relies on your sense of danger, insecurity, and helplessness.
These things are making their ways towards you. They will get to you eventually. You cannot run from them or kill them, only delay the inevitable enough until the clock chimes at 6:00 AM or until you die.
This is what I think that makes FNAF a good game.
Hell, the first game has no animations at all! Its just 800 STILL PICTURES, amazingly enough.

Tl;dr an essay about FNAF, and why I think its a good game. If you arent interested, ignore it.
Some people in this thread could learn from you. Not going to name anyone

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
1. For some reason, my beard hurts. Not my face - my beard.

2: The only thing that concerns me about FNAF is the frequency that they're releasing sequels. I mean, even Classic Mega Man didn't have three installments within the span of a single year.
That said, though, even if Scott knows what he's doing and FNAF3 is a very good game, I'm going to skip it entirely because it deals with my deepest fears regarding time and decay. That ****'s on an entirely different level of horror than mere murderbots.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Thats a thing that can happen?

2: The only thing that concerns me about FNAF is the frequency that they're releasing sequels. I mean, even Classic Mega Man didn't have three installments within the span of a single year.
That said, though, even if Scott knows what he's doing and FNAF3 is a very good game, I'm going to skip it entirely because it deals with my deepest fears regarding time and decay. That ****'s on an entirely different level of horror than mere murderbots.
I have that same fear and in FNAF3, to make things worse, the old ones were burned so they look even more screwed up

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
FNaF... Not interested in that game, but that's because I'm too much of a scaredy-cat to play games like this. FNAF looks well done, though.
Some parts of that fanbase is extremely annoying. But then again, every fanbase has their annoying idiots. The one more than the other.

2: The only thing that concerns me about FNAF is the frequency that they're releasing sequels.
I actually think that's clever, cashing while it's hot. If he waited two years before releasing a sequel, chances are a lot of folks already forgot FNaF exists.

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Its hard to not trust them. And a lot of what they say is on Wikipedia and Smash Wiki. So Wikipedia is wrong?

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183

Well, for one thing, the animatorics were more likely than not burned rather than withered. They have scorch marks and the phone guy mentions fires a lot in the calls.

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Something in FNaF3 just seems ugly to me... I guess it's that everything is green.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Well no one forgot about Megaman yet... Y E T :4villagerf:
True, but Mega Man was bigger than FNaF has ever been, don't you think?

Its hard to not trust them. And a lot of what they say is on Wikipedia and Smash Wiki. So Wikipedia is wrong?
Possibly. However, studies have shown Wikipedia is as correct about something like cancer as the National Cancer Database. But as people can edit 95% of the Wiki articles, there's bound to be false information. I mean, I can edit the Melee page so it says: 'Venusaur was considered to be in Melee.' Clearly false information, but yet it would be there on the Wiki.
If it doesn't refer to anything in the notes, I would take that statement with a grain of salt. If it does, why are we to doubt it?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
You know, FNAF3 takes place around 2022; that's firmy within the Ace Attorney timeline, during the Dark Age of the Law specifically.

It would be interesting seeing the initial murderer finally caught and put away. Edgeworth was still practicing during that time, I think. If I was more thoroughlly knowledgeable about both series and more confident in my ability to keep things relatively adhered to canon, I'd probably write about that very case.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
True, but Mega Man was bigger than FNaF has ever been, don't you think?

Possibly. However, studies have shown Wikipedia is as correct about something like cancer as the National Cancer Database. But as people can edit 95% of the Wiki articles, there's bound to be false information. I mean, I can edit the Melee page so it says: 'Venusaur was considered to be in Melee.' Clearly false information, but yet it would be there on the Wiki.
If it doesn't refer to anything in the notes, I would take that statement with a grain of salt. If it does, why are we to doubt it?
Then..what place can we trust?? XD

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Well, for one thing, the animatorics were more likely than not burned rather than withered. They have scorch marks and the phone guy mentions fires a lot in the calls.
Not only that....
Ending spoilers
One of the endings is a newspaper clipping stating that the attraction burned down and was destroyed and whatever is salvaged will be sold for the public (FNAF 4? Hopefully it will take a bit longer to release, even I am tired of all these sequels.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom