• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Are the PSN / XBL DDoS attacks just as tragic as the 2011 PSN outage?
Nah, that was an actual hacking that made Sony turn everything off for few weeks as crap ton of into leaked.

This, I doubt its even an attack, but a regular holiday rush of new systems being plugged in and companies struggling to meet demand, as random people WARE able to log in from time to time if persistant enough, for some it even works flawlessly (only the PSN store seems to be the thing thats unavalible for everyone)

If its a DDoS then its just an DDoS and nothing to get spooked about. It will end as they cant afford to keep it up forever, and if they keep it up long enough MS will get pissed and throw tons of money (as they are known to do pretty much willy-nilly) to find those people.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Brawl in the Family certainly made me like him. If only Nintendo were to adapt that Waluigi into the games....
Waluigi is in a main game since 2004. Don't believe me ?

The Master Core represents Waluigi's anger towards everyone in this world (except Wario). Yes, even Nintendo.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Brawl in the Family certainly made me like him. If only Nintendo were to adapt that Waluigi into the games....
This is the first time I heard of Brawl in the Family. I'm pretty sheltered apparently pft
if they keep it up long enough MS will get pissed and throw tons of money (as they are known to do pretty much willy-nilly) to find those people.
They should of done that right in the beginning though

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Nah, that was an actual hacking that made Sony turn everything off for few weeks as crap ton of into leaked.

This, I doubt its even an attack, but a regular holiday rush of new systems being plugged in and companies struggling to meet demand, as random people WARE able to log in from time to time if persistant enough, for some it even works flawlessly (only the PSN store seems to be the thing thats unavalible for everyone)

If its a DDoS then its just an DDoS and nothing to get spooked about. It will end as they cant afford to keep it up forever, and if they keep it up long enough MS will get pissed and throw tons of money (as they are known to do pretty much willy-nilly) to find those people.
Those execs don't want their steamy emails to be leaked.:troll:

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
This is the first time I heard of Brawl in the Family. I'm pretty sheltered apparently pft

They should of done that right in the beginning though
True, but its MS, they dont actually give a damn untill it starts to actively hurt theyr profits.

Also go read Brawl in the Family. And watch the Runaway Guys. You will learn to love Waluigi soon enough.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Is it really THAT bad that I dont get it..

Well I do watch Runaway Guys....but Waluigi...to me.. isn't something I like like everyone else
Waluigi is the character that has the biggest potential for a new game in my opinion.
His name means "Hate" or "Bad", you could create a beat'em'up with him for example. He's eggocentric to the extreme, talking about himself on the third person, hates everyone except Wario and probably Daisy (had a crush on her). He has so much to expand (DK, plz no.), there's so much to create about him appart from the basic jokes (Waluigi Time, Wah, ect...).

This is why I like Waluigi. Brawl in the Familly did a good job with him. Now it's for Myamoto or someone else at Nintendo to move there butts and do a game about him. If they won't, then the internet will.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Waluigi is the character that has the biggest potential for a new game in my opinion.
His name means "Hate" or "Bad", you could create a beat'em'up with him for example. He's eggocentric to the extreme, talking about himself on the third person, hates everyone except Wario and probably Daisy (had a crush on her). He has so much to expand (DK, plz no.), there's so much to create about him appart from the basic jokes (Waluigi Time, Wah, ect...).

This is why I like Waluigi. Brawl in the Familly did a good job with him. Now it's for Myamoto or someone else at Nintendo to move there butts and do a game about him. If they won't, then the internet will.
Just because he had a funny characterization in a comic doesn't suddenly make him interesting in the context for his own video game.

D

Deleted member

Is it really THAT bad that I dont get it.. sorry then
You made the assertion that Waluigi has no legitimate fans and isn't worth any with your statement.

As a fan of both Wa Bros. and one who wants Nintendo to stop wasting Waluigi's potential, I find that highly offensive.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Is it really THAT bad that I dont get it.. sorry then
Pretty sure he isn't that serious.

Anyway, being a blank slate can be a boon, as it allows fans to interpret the character to their liking. BiTF did a wonderful job with him.
Remember, Waluigi is everywhere, watching you, so respect him and praise him. :troll:

R0Y

Smash Master
oh wtf I just remebers there is this man on my campus that is always trying to ****ing talk to me and walk with me to ****ing building on campus Im going too when I want to be alone... he wouldn't leave me alone

Sunshine airport is eh ok to me but Dragon driftway is #1 for me
Oh my god, forgot Doughnut Plains!

As for the new tracks, SNES Rainbow Road :p Dragon Driftway was great though, I loved it also, partially because I always come in first.

D

Deleted member

Just because he had a funny characterization in a comic doesn't suddenly make him interesting in the context for his own video game.
He has the characterization within the games.
BitF only exaggerates them to the point of pure insanity.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387

I am sensing an almost dangerously high level of WAAH in this thread. Is there something being summoned?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
You made the assertion that Waluigi has no legitimate fans and isn't worth any with your statement.
I in no way said that jesus ****ing Christ. God sorry for offending you weather you are serious or not.
Pretty sure he isn't that serious.

Anyway, being a blank slate can be a boon, as it allows fans to interpret the character to their liking. BiTF did a wonderful job with him.
Remember, Waluigi is everywhere, watching you, so respect him and praise him. :troll:
Im sorry but Idk if he isn't that serious but if he is, its sure killing my good mood and Im sorry if I offended him

I am sensing an almost dangerously high level of WAAH in this thread. Is there something being summoned?
I think my annoyance is one of those things being summoned

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I in no way said that jesus ****ing christ
Look at your post again.

In response to someone saying that their favorite character in MK8 is Waluigi, you claimed you don't get the obsession with Waluigi (as in, he has no legitimate fans, only obsessive fanboys) because he's just a "nega Luigi" (as in, he isn't worth any fans to begin with).

Maybe you didn't intend to mean it like that, but that's what came out.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I really don't care for Waluigi, I can only see use for a joke or something not for something serious. How will the put him in a main game without being Wario tag-along.

R0Y

Smash Master
If there's another Mario series character in the next game and someone awesome like Rosalina isn't created in the meantime...then yes, I'd like Waluigi.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Look at your post again.

In response to someone saying that their favorite character in MK8 is Waluigi, you claimed you don't get the obsession with Waluigi (as in, he has no legitimate fans, only obsessive fanboys) because he's just a "nega Luigi" (as in, he isn't worth any fans to begin with).

Maybe you didn't intend to mean it like that, but that's what came out.
Well ****ing sorry then. Jesus SORRY.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

NNID
Dromader
I think Waluigi, from what was provided in the games he appeared in, has potential for a really fun character in his own game, or at least an apperance more major than a sport friend. Even just being Wario's Luigi is a lot to work with potentially for something Superstar Saga-esque. Waluigi never had a true chance for any real characterisation, so they could make something potentially beautiful with him.

And who knows? Maybe they will borrow some of his traits from his rather popular apperance in BitF (which are all based on how he acted in the games anyway), like they did with the Luigi death stare. And even outside of that, Waluigi is very popular in Japan with lots of interpretations of his character done by fans. So really, I think either way you look at it, he has a lot of stuff to work with for a stand-alone apperance.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really don't care for Waluigi, I can only see use for a joke or something not for something serious. How will the put him in a main game without being Wario tag-along.
Simple. Waluigi has ambition for world domination.
Wario does not.

Make a game where Waluigi is the villain instead of Bowser.
Mario Party 3 played with it a little, where Waluigi literally kicked Bowser out of his role as the final boss while Wario was just one of the protagonists wanting to be the star of the party, and DDR Mario Mix had Waluigi as the prime instigator of the plot, with Wario essentially being the tagalong later on (and Bowser taking over the plot once what Waluigi did was resolved).
Hell, Mario Party-e featured a minigame called "Waluigi's Reign" where Mario and Waluigi had a standoff.

The potential is there. It's just Nintendo has yet to expand on it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Could it be that Waluigi gets the short end of the stick because he was created by Camelot?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Could it be that Waluigi gets the short end of the stick because he was created by Camelot?
Just like Daisy was created by Gunpei Yokoi, who left after the failure of the Virtual boy. Yeah, Nintendo is weird with those sort of stuff.

Soul.

So I come to this thread and see a Waluigi fest. Am I missing something or.....?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm not a big fan of Waluigi, but he does have a fanbase, like with most Mario characters. I just wish Nintendo would do more with characters like Waluigi. Such as give them roles outside of spin-off games, antagonist or playable idc. The Mario series has so many characters that appear in spin-off titles, but never see the light of day (I was really glad to see Toadette get a role in Treasure Tracker).

I always thought it would be nice to see a game star Peach (so maybe Super Princess Peach 2 or an RPG or whatever) alongside with Daisy (and Birdo lol). Oh, and the Mario series needs a good looking human male recurring character. Is every male an overall-wearing fat or skinny, moustached Italian!? I'm really not looking forward to see the 3rd Mario brother if that's the case. I say we need a bishounen prince! :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I guess this was the thought process behind MK7 then:

"Should we put Waluigi in this game?"

"No, let us not go to Camelot, 'tis a silly place."

D

Deleted member

It would explain why he doesn't show up in the Wario games; the Nintendo SPD1 team (formerly the Nintendo R&D1 team) dislikes using characters they didn't make.
It's why Wario exists in the first place; he was meant to be a caricature of their distaste of making a Mario game. He was meant to be a one-time villain but grew so popular that they started making games based around him.

Miyamoto may be the same way, if what I remember correctly about Sticker Star using none of the original characters from previous Paper Marios because of his involvement....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom