• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Me doing sports at school in a nutshell.

SharpMcHappy

Smash Apprentice
He won the invitational yes. I've mainly seen him on Project M and Smash 4. The hate here is how dishonnest Zero made himself look like, by saying that Diddy should be ban and yet plays him and main like crazy. It's not like Mew2King, where he never said a thing about it and actually started the waves of Diddy Kongs. Here, you have Zero, who plays a High Tier character just for winning money in a tournament. He drop Fox, his original main, just to play Diddy Kong. And since Diddy is already hated, it doesn't help.
So yeah, basically, Zero makes look like an a-hole by playing Diddy Kong and main him, even though he said he was "OP" and should be ban.
I don't like that people are already calling Diddy OP. Sure, it's a really good character, but if you think back this is nothing new. Zero wins the tournament with ZSS, "Oh my god she is totally OP and shes probably gonna break the game nerf her Sakurai". After that people got to try the 3DS version and suddenly everyone was jumping on Bowser saying "oh bowser's the be best character in the game, he's totally gonna win like every tournament". Then, when people got to play the game a bit more and suddenly "ROSALINA OP PLS NERF OMG BAN HER". It's the same thing with Diddy and I doubt that he'll be "gamebreaking" for much longer.

Grass

Smash Lord
I don't like that people are already calling Diddy OP. Sure, it's a really good character, but if you think back this is nothing new. Zero wins the tournament with ZSS, "Oh my god she is totally OP and shes probably gonna break the game nerf her Sakurai". After that people got to try the 3DS version and suddenly everyone was jumping on Bowser saying "oh bowser's the be best character in the game, he's totally gonna win like every tournament". Then, when people got to play the game a bit more and suddenly "ROSALINA OP PLS NERF OMG BAN HER". It's the same thing with Diddy and I doubt that he'll be "gamebreaking" for much longer.
You have to realize that there are no planned patches for 3DS/Wii U stateside or even across the pond. Which basically means, the only patches they will get is in Japan ONLY! This is a big deal because any further unreleased patches will never go international.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, using a couple gift cards I got for Gamestop, I was able to get a $50 dollar prepaid card and SMB64DS (which will especially be fun since I'm considering getting an Action Replay).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
The difference between ZSS and Diddy is the power he got since Brawl.
With :4zss:, the way she's played is different in Smash 4, but she wasn't a big deal, both in Brawl and Project M. She was good, yes, but not "excellent". With Smash 4, Samus was different, and so was the mindset to defeat her. But after some time, people find out how to defeat her. This state is valid for :4bowser:, the only difference is how buffed he was from Melee and Brawl compared to now. It's the character that was buffed the most. :rosalina: was new and confusing for players, but when people understood how to beat her, it was easier.

The problem with :4diddy: is how he always created problems. In Brawl, people yelled about his bananas. In Project M, it was the same, but since it was more balanced, Diddy wasn't that popular. In Smash 4, he was nerfed, but with the engine and new rage effect, he became a beast. Diddy was always like this : a problematic monkey. And it won't change. He's not broken, but he's really good, especially in Smash 4. And with his annoying nature, the hate towards him is even worse.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
With :4zss:, the way she's played is different in Smash 4, but she wasn't a big deal, both in Brawl and Project M. She was good, yes, but not "excellent". With Smash 4, Samus was different, and so was the mindset to defeat her. But after some time, people find out how to defeat her. This state is valid for :4bowser:, the only difference is how buffed he was from Melee and Brawl compared to now. It's the character that was buffed the most. :rosalina: was new and confusing for players, but when people understood how to beat her, it was easier.

The problem with :4diddy: is how he always created problems. In Brawl, people yelled about his bananas. In Project M, it was the same, but since it was more balanced, Diddy wasn't that popular. In Smash 4, he was nerfed, but with the engine and new rage effect, he became a beast. Diddy was always like this : a problematic monkey. And it won't change. He's not broken, but he's really good, especially in Smash 4. And with his annoying nature, the hate towards him is even worse.
We all need to main :4dk: and make a combo called the " Diddy Drop".

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

What about :4sheik:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Looks like we now know who's shooting in the :4duckhunt: group.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
:4sheik: was brought back to her golden ages in Melee, thanks to the faster gameplay of Smash 4. And being a character alone is good overall. Same goes with :4fox: and :4falcon:.
And :4jigglypuff:, in my opinion. If not, then at least better overall.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
:4sheik: was brought back to her golden ages in Melee, thanks to the faster gameplay of Smash 4. And being a character alone is good overall. Same goes with :4fox: and :4falcon:.
If Smash 4 is faster in general, then Sheik's net benefit is null. Sheik was good because of her neutral and combo game and Smash 4 returned some of that to her, but not in the form of the general speed. I honestly don't think the game is too much faster than Brawl - the speed difference isn't in meaningful areas, like falling speed and endlag. The difference is mainly in the movement speed (lower air friction, ground movement, etc).

Not to mention the properties of her moves.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Speaking of Sheik, I just finished playing some of her in Smash 4, and I think I may have found a new main. :love:

Although I find it hard to find when to use the side and down special...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Also, I finally got off my lazy posterior and got Shovel Knight. I like it so far (then again, I've only done one stage).

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Hey guys, actual Smash 4 question here.

Is Smooth Lander in the 3DS version? I've already got Glider and I need one of those.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
If Smash 4 is faster in general, then Sheik's net benefit is null. Sheik was good because of her neutral and combo game and Smash 4 returned some of that to her, but not in the form of the general speed. I honestly don't think the game is too much faster than Brawl - the speed difference isn't in meaningful areas, like falling speed and endlag. The difference is mainly in the movement speed (lower air friction, ground movement, etc).

Not to mention the properties of her moves.
It's still faster, and you feel that Sakurai and his team tried to make a game both competitive and casual at the same time. It's Brawl 2.0, for real.
And :4jigglypuff:, in my opinion. If not, then at least better overall.
Yeah, she received a big buff in this game too. Compared to Brawl, it's really huge.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
As much as I definetely hate to admit it and going to miss :pt:/:squirtle:/:ivysaur:, with the time I've been playing with :4charizard:, I can tell becoming an alone character has done well to him; he's not a subject of type weakness and tired gimmicks anymore.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Yes. Some equips are exclusive to certain types of characters.
Ah, I forgot about that and sure enough, I have some Smooth lander Sandals...And I have no idea who the sandals are for.

Guess that means it's for a character I don't use. ****. >>

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Doing a Nuzlocke of Black 2.

@D-idara x @SaturnGamer64 x @TheDivineDeity is my choice.

Though, for those who haven't seen the (in)famous Swampasaur VS. TheDivineDeity debate, you can read it here.
I knew this would get shown here sooner or later. :p

The Great Debatemania....I barely even knew how to "properly" react to what went down that night. It was all just so random and hilarious. Part of me is curious as to what would happen if Divine were still here today.

Also, looking back at that reminds of that Twilight Princess Soundtrack obsession I had for a while. Can't remember why the heck I was suddenly listening to the entire soundtrack over and over. :laugh:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
As much as I definetely hate to admit it and going to miss :pt:/:squirtle:/:ivysaur:, with the time I've been playing with :4charizard:, becoming an alone character has done well to him; he's not a subject of type weakness and tired gimmicks anymore.
From what I have seen of Charizard, I don't think he's that good even without the Tiring mech. Everything seemed telegraph.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
As much as I definetely hate to admit it and going to miss :pt:/:squirtle:/:ivysaur:, with the time I've been playing with :4charizard:, becoming an alone character has done well to him; he's not a subject of type weakness and tired gimmicks anymore.
That makes me remember something.

All the gimmicky characters caused problems in Smash, but :4diddy: is probably the biggest of them all. Think about it : in Brawl, :diddy: could spam bananas and was overall annoying. Same goes with Project M. But even nerfed, this gimmick is always strong in Smash 4, thus making :4diddy: the most annoying and consistant gimmicky character of the whole series.

Why Sakurai always prefers the gimmicky and the weird over the logic ? If Smash was logic, :4palutena: would have been OP, followed by :4pit:/:4darkpit:, :4link:/:4tlink: and :4falcon:.

Last edited:

SharpMcHappy

Smash Apprentice

Thank you, this gave me much more insight on the problem. I still don't think he should be necessarily banned but I'm not as sure that someone else will take his place anymore.

Also, is the Wii Fit Trainer and Marth Amiibo still discontinued and all that? Because I have both of 'em in a very close by store for only 150KR(about 15 euros or about 20 dollars) so I have a feeling it's a good idea to pick 'em up.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Ah, nevermind. Sandals are for Pitty Pat, Pale Tuna and Dark the Edge. Darky is one of the characters I like using. Sweet.

Unfortunately, I want to give the whole cast Smooth Lander...Meh, they were high off their rockers when they designed these dumb customization systems. I should just be able to buy the damn things, not hope they show up at some point.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I feel I will main the same characters forever, I have to relearn Pit move set all over again, I'm most of my time when I'm playing smash I trying to get better with Shulk, I know after all the time I put into him it will be worth it.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Why Sakurai always prefers the gimmicky and the weird over the logic ? If Smash was logic, :4palutena: would have been OP, followed by :4pit:/:4darkpit:, :4link:/:4tlink: and :4falcon:.
I'm sure :4shulk: would be even more OP and :4robinm:/:4robinf: would be between them.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Thank you, this gave me much more insight on the problem. I still don't think he should be necessarily banned but I'm not as sure that someone else will take his place anymore.
I could see the :4villager: or :4zss: taking this place. Mostly the Villager, since he's as annoying as :4diddy:, but even more gimmicky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom