• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

LZCXR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LZCXRR
Man, I got dental braces again and DANG IT they feel as uncomfortable, if not more, than I remember I can barely chew

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No. There is definitely no such thing as mod applications haha. I just pick out the most qualified for the job. You can reach out and I will note your interest; but no applications ever.

Ever.
I suppose you recieved lots of messages showing people's interest in supporting the site as staff members during that time frame.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
New Avatar hype?; Nickelodeon is making a follow up to Korra already? :troll:

Soul.

No. There is definitely no such thing as mod applications haha. I just pick out the most qualified for the job. You can reach out and I will note your interest; but no applications ever.

Ever.
lol oh damn i was rick roll'd. thanks for answering regardless xD

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So it is true that when someone expresses its interests of becoming a mod his/her chances reduce to Zero?

Soul.

I think you're getting that confused with MarioKart forums or whatever it's called.
No, I don't even go to MK forums lel. This site actually had an application news thread thing back in September 7 before the release of Smash 3DS because the hype and whatever. Everyone sent their applications but as Xiivi said he picks the most qualified for the thing
or maybe i'm just wrong

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
LOL uncle, @ Rinkario Rinkario , uncle!

That was fun, even if I got 2-stocked most of the time. Must be because I was more zen.

I'll be honest, though, starting with pink Pit I was cycling through secondaries just trying to mess around.

Only time I won was when your Greninja missed an edgeguard a little. XD

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I could be a moderator today if I had accepted Xiivi's offer back in September 2014... but I turned it down because I knew I wouldn't have time to moderate you guys. I'd rather be napping all day and talking about Duck Hunt Dog and collecting amiibos.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Finally I really finished the first part of the trial. Now time to attack the testimonies. It's gonna be hard, since I have to make complicated stuff like in the Phoenix Wright games. And even though it's the first case, I still need to make it good, not just a copy-paste of the first case in the first Ace Attorney (even though it's kinda like that in the trilogy). At least I have a good basis. The case is based around Nakanojo (the punk) getting electrocuted by Nakamura with a stun gun (or known as the "Short Curcuit-Kun"). Pretty easy.

Anyway, what's going on here ?

Rinkario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rinkario253
3DS FC
3780-9024-1899
@ Coricus Coricus Good games! Sorry about the lag though. My internet must be acting up today. My advise to you is that you have to be a bit more active and mix up your tactics. Being too predictable is very easy to punish. Also be sure that your play style fits the character you're playing as. I like your passive style but it may be better off to use it different characters so be sure to find the person right for you.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I could be a moderator today if I had accepted Xiivi's offer back in September 2014... but I turned it down because I knew I wouldn't have time to moderate you guys. I'd rather be napping all day and talking about Duck Hunt Dog and collecting amiibos.
Oh hey, I was curious about that. You seemed like the perfect fit for the Duck Hunt forums.

So you actually did get an invitation. Interesting.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Oh hey, I was curious about that. You seemed like the perfect fit for the Duck Hunt forums.

Yeah, people do turn it down from time to time because they know they can't make the commitment. And I respect them for that greatly.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
@ Coricus Coricus Good games! Sorry about the lag though. My internet must be acting up today. My advise to you is that you have to be a bit more active and mix up your tactics. Being too predictable is very easy to punish. Also be sure that your play style fits the character you're playing as. I like your passive style but it may be better off to use it different characters so be sure to find the person right for you.
I mostly practice what little I do against Lv. 9's and FG people, so I may be a bit predictable seeing as most of them are even more so! XD Frostwraith already told me I was a bit passive, so clearly that's obvious. ;)

I tend to play as characters I like in their games instead of by playstyle, so that's probably why I haven't "found a moveset" yet.

And my internet acts up sometimes, too, but when it does, it usually just shuts off altogether. XD

Rinkario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rinkario253
3DS FC
3780-9024-1899
LOL uncle, @ Rinkario Rinkario , uncle!

That was fun, even if I got 2-stocked most of the time. Must be because I was more zen.

I'll be honest, though, starting with pink Pit I was cycling through secondaries just trying to mess around.

Only time I won was when your Greninja missed an edgeguard a little. XD
While I was choosing characters I went on my list from worst to best. Then after using Link I decided to start using characters I was interested in like Greninja and Ganondorf though I honestly don't plan to learn them until I get decent with Palutena.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Yeah, he was looking for potential moderators who would be still active on the boards after SSB4 comes out.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
While I was choosing characters I went on my list from worst to best. Then after using Link I decided to start using characters I was interested in like Greninja and Ganondorf though I honestly don't plan to learn them until I get decent with Palutena.
Well you are BRUTAL with Greninja, you just missed a spike at low % against a character that was otherwise completely in for it.

Soul.

Yeah, people do turn it down from time to time because they know they can't make the commitment. And I respect them for that greatly.
If someone is a mod and doesn't want to be one anymore, do they need to PM you or something?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
@ Xiivi Xiivi is an Admin now? Holy crud.

Now my overly cocky Backroom application is even more awkward. ^^'

Rinkario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rinkario253
3DS FC
3780-9024-1899
I mostly practice what little I do against Lv. 9's and FG people, so I may be a bit predictable seeing as most of them are even more so! XD Frostwraith already told me I was a bit passive, so clearly that's obvious. ;)

I tend to play as characters I like in their games instead of by playstyle, so that's probably why I haven't "found a moveset" yet.

And my internet acts up sometimes, too, but when it does, it usually just shuts off altogether. XD
In my honest opinion I'd probably fight level 9's just a tad less. I think it's good to fight them while you're learning though but I mostly fight them to warm up before I start actually fighting. I've grown bad habits from fighting them such as never pummeling in a grab. They also don't do any mind games or anything and are overall bad ledge guarders. Fighting people can be less predictable and can make you even more better, and I find it I learn a lot more from a loss than a win. As for using characters, pretty much all of them except Marth are characters that I enjoy. Since I'm a LOZ fan I started off using Link more than anyone else I play as and he ended up my best. As for Marth, I just like using him though I've never played any of his games. It's very good to play characters you like, just use all they have to offer and at the same time be a little unique about using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom