• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
But what about Spain? They take a lot of siestas
Not really. They do take their siestas, especially in southern regions during summers, but that pretty much means they stay awake during more time at night.

It has a lot to do with the climate. It gets unbearably hot in southern Spain during the afternoons, but it's rather nice in the evenings. All of the times I went to Andalucia in Spain, we would stay awake until very late. Lots of people did so as well, children and elderly people included.

At around 2-4 PM? The streets were empty and the heat was agonizing. Temperatures of over 40 ºC (104 ºF) are common over there in the summer. That applies to some regions in Portugal as well.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
20 minutes later. Still dying. :joyful::joyful:

It had a comic book, too.

Suprisingly starring female Samus.
In a jealous love triangle with Captain N and Princess Lana.:joyful::joyful:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Not really. They do take their siestas, especially in southern regions during summers, but that pretty much means they stay awake during more time at night.

It has a lot to do with the climate. It gets unbearably hot in southern Spain during the afternoons, but it's rather nice in the evenings. All of the times I went to Andalucia in Spain, we would stay awake until very late. Lots of people did so as well, children and elderly people included.

At around 2-4 PM? The streets were empty and the heat was agonizing. Temperatures of over 40 ºC (104 ºF) are common over there in the summer. That applies to some regions in Portugal as well.
I want to see how the parties are in spain so bad. I bet they are ****ing crazy

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
>Playing MK8 with Sister
>Having a blast
>Mom Walks in
"Get off, I need to watch my show"
>Forced to stay off until 5:30PM (It's 4:59 PM right now)

>MFW

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm gazing at my trophy collection and noticed some enemies being trophies but absent in Smash Run, which makes me think: could those enemies have also been considered for the mode? What if they released DLC to include more enemies?

Doing a listing per series, this is what I got:
Super Smash Bros. (SSE): Gamyga, Bytans
Seem to reuse models from Brawl. The trophies are also in the same poses as Brawl, as far as I can remember.

Mario: Piranha Plant, Cheep Cheep, Blooper, Buzzy Beetle, Pokey, Paragoomba, Dry Bones, Thwomp, Boo, Wiggler, King Bob-Omb, King Boo, Ghosts (Luigi's Mansion 2)
Two of those really wouldn't have worked as there's no water and the swimming mechanic is absent in this version as well.

DK: Scurvy Crew, Mugly, Krazy Kalimba
DKCR enemies, pretty much.

Zelda: Like Like, Skulltula
Like Likes were enemies in Melee's Adventure Mode...

Kirby: Bomber, Wheelie, Bugzzy
Bugzzy could be one of those stronger enemies.

Pokémon: Hitmonlee, Porygon-Z, Audino, Sylveon
Those have neither appeared in previous Smash games nor they appear as Poké Balls... Audino could have been interesting if he healed other enemies.

Kid Icarus: Mik, Specknose, Centurions
Those are enemies from since the first game. Centurions appeared late in KIU as enemies as well.

I'm likely looking too deeply at this. :p

Still, Smash Run finally does something the Smash Bros. series has always poorly done: the enemies cast finally has the crossover feel as the rest of the game. Brawl was especially guilty of this with only having Mario enemies besides original creations.
If you want more deep, you could say pirhana plant from TTYD is valid.

Because the trophy description does refference the frost one and that's actually only in TTYD, not to be confused with the other in nsmb.

However, the same can apply for an m&l plant.

Still, refference = we can consider it :)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The 104 degrees bit reminds me of Arizona. Though it'd get worse. Especially with my dad's car using leather and all.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wait! I almost forgot to mention the giant Gameboy system from the later seasons!

It walked around on arms and legs and was it's own character, IIRC.
I AM NOT JOKING.

So, Alpaca. How goes the research?? ;)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Young & The Restless
And she even hates the show
:\
Guilty pleasure, thats all I can say. Also sorry, I cant help you with this family issue you have. Good luck you to though, son

Wait! I almost forgot to mention the giant Gameboy system from the later seasons!

I AM NOT JOKING.

Im trying to decide if my health will suffer for this show :4villagerf:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I want to see how the parties are in spain so bad. I bet they are ****ing crazy
Well, I have seen some fiestas myself. Loads of people! Crowded streets! Musical performances!

I freaking love acoustic guitars.

Yeah, I've been to Spain mostly in the summer, so it's to be expected to find parties.

I remember being in a huge one when I went to Málaga around two years ago.

The 104 degrees bit reminds me of Arizona. Though it'd get worse. Especially with my dad's car using leather and all.
The Iberian peninsula is particularly known for its intense heat in the summer.

I'm quite used to heat, since I'm from southern Portugal, though the north is no slouch in that either. There are a lot of European tourists that visit the coastal areas in Portugal and Spain. Tourism is big in the southern Portuguese coast to the point of existing small communities of Brits that own restaurants, clubs and such for the tourists. Lots of beaches that are also popular among people from other places in Portugal.

Portugal and Spain are close to north Africa. That itself says a lot, considering the Sahara desert.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Well, I have seen some fiestas myself. Loads of people! Crowded streets! Musical performances!

I freaking love acoustic guitars.

Yeah, I've been to Spain mostly in the summer, so it's to be expected to find parties.

I remember being in a huge one when I went to Málaga around two years ago.
Well, looks like I have another thing on my list to go to :4villagerf:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*logs in*
*TPP released 13 mons*
*Kabuto Revived*

WE'RE DOMED

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
*logs in*
*TPP released 13 mons*
*Kabuto Revived*

WE'RE DOMED

Hͩ̏̅̓͆̎̒͗̎̓̈͊̈̚͏̴̨̱͍̱̗͕̰̠͉̖̟̞̜͟͠Ȩ̶̸̪̰̦͇̹̦̝̘͖̭̖̙͙̙̱͖͓̗̣ͥͭͤ̾ͣ͂ͣͥ̑͊̊̌̂̓̃̄̏́͠ ̨̦̲̠͑̀ͥ̓͟Ị̛͙̫̫̼ͥͣ͌̐͑̔ͤ̊ͥ͛̽́̊͂ͯ̕͝͝S̻͎̻̬̫͈̦̫̤̝̜̱͍̟̮͎̰̱̑ͣ̈̏̋ͧͥ̿̍ͯͯ̓ͨͣ͒͐͒͛͞ ̸̟͖̹̺̩̫̒͋́͗̿͗̀̽̐̏̍̓ͭ͛̆̈̐́R̷͐́̐̅̂͐̊̊ͭͥ͐̂͗́͏̳̹̝͇̬̰͚͚̖̜̦̪̹ͅͅI̪̖̳̠̯̭̙̔ͤͤ̋̄ͭ̾ͥͦ̊͌͆ͤ̑͢͡S̢͈͓̬̤̽̃̉͆ͫ̃ͣͭ͆͑̀̉͂ͨ͗ͨ́E̢̛̖̺̤̺̱̞̱̪̘͓̠̘̗̘̟͖̖̅̓͒̒͋ͮͣ͘͜͢Ñ̸̳͈͕̪̙̥͎̹̫͕̭̘̘̤̻̠ͫ̈͛̓̆̃ͬ̌̀ͅ.̗̠̥͇͇̜̺̙̣͓̗͉̅͌̉̄̌̿̃ͣ̈́́̊ͬ͆̈̅̕͟͝ͅ

-----

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hͩ̏̅̓͆̎̒͗̎̓̈͊̈̚͏̴̨̱͍̱̗͕̰̠͉̖̟̞̜͟͠Ȩ̶̸̪̰̦͇̹̦̝̘͖̭̖̙͙̙̱͖͓̗̣ͥͭͤ̾ͣ͂ͣͥ̑͊̊̌̂̓̃̄̏́͠ ̨̦̲̠͑̀ͥ̓͟Ị̛͙̫̫̼ͥͣ͌̐͑̔ͤ̊ͥ͛̽́̊͂ͯ̕͝͝S̻͎̻̬̫͈̦̫̤̝̜̱͍̟̮͎̰̱̑ͣ̈̏̋ͧͥ̿̍ͯͯ̓ͨͣ͒͐͒͛͞ ̸̟͖̹̺̩̫̒͋́͗̿͗̀̽̐̏̍̓ͭ͛̆̈̐́R̷͐́̐̅̂͐̊̊ͭͥ͐̂͗́͏̳̹̝͇̬̰͚͚̖̜̦̪̹ͅͅI̪̖̳̠̯̭̙̔ͤͤ̋̄ͭ̾ͥͦ̊͌͆ͤ̑͢͡S̢͈͓̬̤̽̃̉͆ͫ̃ͣͭ͆͑̀̉͂ͨ͗ͨ́E̢̛̖̺̤̺̱̞̱̪̘͓̠̘̗̘̟͖̖̅̓͒̒͋ͮͣ͘͜͢Ñ̸̳͈͕̪̙̥͎̹̫͕̭̘̘̤̻̠ͫ̈͛̓̆̃ͬ̌̀ͅ.̗̠̥͇͇̜̺̙̣͓̗͉̅͌̉̄̌̿̃ͣ̈́́̊ͬ͆̈̅̕͟͝ͅ

-----
Yay! The Adorableness Rises! :140:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Did someone say adorable Pokemon?
:123::006::162::243::248::249::154::093::018::028::028::028:

I have a few here. Most are locked in newer generations, though.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I think I made a good UU team this time around, not just a stupid team I make with my stupid knowledge. I may need some adjustments here and there, but the team looks good. And there's Machamp in it.

It's always good to have Machamp in any team.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That feeling when you know that areas of Portugal and Spain were historically occupied by Muslims (several centuries ago, I must say) and extremist groups want to take them... :scared:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I AM NOT JOKING.

Now, if the show ran today, the Game Boy would've evolved into a 3DS.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
That feeling when you know that areas of Portugal and Spain were historically occupied by Muslims (several centuries ago, I must say) and extremist groups want to take them... :scared:
That feel when 30% of people in France wants to vote for the extremists who are racist in every way possible.

This is why I'm not really proud of my country.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Moor occupation began in 711AD. The Catholic Kings finally removed the remaining groups out of the Iberian Peninsula in 1492AD. It's been quite a while from that era. Also, I have to visit Spain and Portugal. Learn of the culture where my family came from around 4 generations ago. Also, it's sad to see violence from any side. We are humans first and foremost, everyone should accept that fact. That's what should tie us together. Once everyone realizes that we can move forward as a species.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Playing MK8 with Sister
>Having a blast
>Mom Walks in
"Get off, I need to watch my show"

>Forced to stay off until 5:30PM (It's 4:59 PM right now)
>MFW

Good thing the GamePad exists-- oh wait, you can't play with 2. Game over no!! :smirk:

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

I think I made a good UU team this time around, not just a stupid team I make with my stupid knowledge. I may need some adjustments here and there, but the team looks good. And there's Machamp in it.

It's always good to have Machamp in any team.
What's your team?

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Are you afraid of extremistic muslims?
We all are.
I actually think some of my childhood friends have gone Jihad.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
What's your team?
Machamp, Magneton, Crobat, Azelf, Swampert and Umbreon.
A funny team to use in UU. It has a good balance and is pretty well suited for the UU, wich is my favorite tier. A little frail on the physical side maybe. I'll see if I can change stuff in it later, when I'll think about it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I shall pray for you... Not saying it will come to that but... yeah
Well, there haven't been any attacks, but it's kind of disturbing when you put these things together:
1. Region historically occupied by Muslims
2. Extremist groups wanting to "restore the caliphate" of which part of the Iberian peninsula was part of centuries ago

Yeah.

Moore occupation began in 711AD. The Catholic Kings finally removed the remaining groups out of the Iberian Peninsula in 1492AD. It's been quite a while from that era. Also, I have to visit Spain and Portugal. Learn of the culture where my family came from around 4 generations ago. Also, it's sad to see violence from any side. We are humans first and foremost, everyone should accept that fact. That's what should tie us together. Once everyone realizes that we can move forward as a species.
You're of Iberian descent? Cool.

Spanish, Portuguese or both?

I know about the peninsula's history. We are taught that in history classes and there are a lot of remnants from that era. And yeah, I agree that people should be more accepting of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom