• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
So @ Kenith Kenith

Imma give you an update on my Dark Souls progress.

I'm now back at Blighttown. Though a lot more prepared. I just go to the first Bonfire in this place. It took me 2 tries to beat the Gaping Dragon to get here though. First try I wasn't paying attention and got grabbed... That hurt... A lot. Also discouraged me from play the game for a few days. Decided to try it again earlier this night, well last night technically speaking, and did it no sweat. But still Pyromancy armor + that poison resistance ring you can buy from Oswald = nothing to fear from those toxic dart monsters. Still rather dislike the place though... it's awfully tight.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
And while they do have the excuse of HD versus old SD games, Rare's games were far more ambitious and 3D was still a new thing at the time. Yet now we have 1 side scroller every 4 years from Retro, I didn't even bother with the last one, DKCR fulfilled my nostalgia.
Having Retro work on a DKCTF was a huge oversight on Nintendo's part, but what else is new.

Not that that game is bad, it's great, but the Wii U did not need another platformer targeted at the same demographic already satiated by the Mario games. It was pandering to the very same crowd that already owned a Wii U when at that point it was so crucial to expand into and entice other audiences, show the Wii U's capabilities much better than a 2.5 platformer can, and give the crowd something they actually wanted more than a follow-up people hadn't yet started clamoring for, all of which a new Metroid or Star Fox game would've done significantly better.

Just one of many missteps Nintendo has made this gen.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
After this long into gen 6

I still can't remember fairies weaknesses

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
After checking my Dex I only need 4 Pokémon to complete the National Dex: Wormadam, Helioptile, Aromatisse and Sylveon

This is the final stretch...
*cue epic music*

Goodnight everybody.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
After checking my Dex I only need 4 Pokémon to complete the National Dex: Wormadam, Helioptile, Aromatisse and Sylveon

This is the final stretch...
*cue epic music*

Goodnight everybody.
I have all of them but an Aromatisse if you're interested.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Didn't realize I could get friend requests on Miiverse until someone commented on my Mewtwo stage to accept his friend request. After accepting a list of people who requested to be friends, I changed the settings to not allow more requests. I might delete those "friends" later because I have no idea who they are...

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
YO CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE SECRET TOP 10 CHARACTER? :4rob::4rob::4rob:

My personal top 10 in no particular order (other than Diddy Kong): :4diddy::4rob::4yoshi::4pikachu::4sonic::rosalina::4sheik::4olimar::4fox::4falcon:with :4ness:and :4lucario: coming close and being viable

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I've been playing Melee netplay with one of my friends recently, and I'm making a compilation of shenanigans from our sessions, would anyone want to see when it's finished?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
And Masuda still won't give me the Regirock doll after I've been visiting his Secret Base everyday...

Edit: And now I just learned that only Regice has officially been released...all those bases I found with Regirock and Registeel were hacked. ._.

Last edited:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
They delayed the announcement for no specified reason.
Well isn't that typical. The way things are going with these 'announcements', I wouldn't bet against Mewtwo being delayed/cancelled. At least this wasn't Nintendo themselves, though I feel for the dude who said it, I bet there was a lot of salt.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Well isn't that typical. The way things are going with these 'announcements', I wouldn't bet against Mewtwo being delayed/cancelled. At least this wasn't Nintendo themselves, though I feel for the dude who said it, I bet there was a lot of salt.
This probably sounds salty, but if you announce that you have an announcement, then don't announce anything, you're seeking attention.

Like when ZeRo did it... although to be fair, I soon felt sorry for him. But that's because I like him.

That being said, why a VGBC guy would have earth-shattering news is beyond me. Can't hype for this.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
YO CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE SECRET TOP 10 CHARACTER? :4rob::4rob::4rob:

My personal top 10 in no particular order (other than Diddy Kong): :4diddy::4rob::4yoshi::4pikachu::4sonic::rosalina::4sheik::4olimar::4fox::4falcon:with :4ness:and :4lucario: coming close and being viable
Top 10 personal favorite characters in Smash 4 you ask?

They are in no particular order besides Jiggs and Dorf.
:4jigglypuff::4ganondorf::4dk::4lucina::4littlemac::4peach::4sonic::4lucario::4link::4bowserjr:

My favorite characters change like.. every week or so. I don't really have characters I stick through all times I play Smash.. well besides Puff and Ganon.

If only :snake: , :wolf: and :ivysaur: were here... :'(

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
What's all this talk about an announcement?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So @ Kenith Kenith
Imma give you an update on my Dark Souls progress.
I'm now back at Blighttown. Though a lot more prepared. I just go to the first Bonfire in this place. It took me 2 tries to beat the Gaping Dragon to get here though. First try I wasn't paying attention and got grabbed... That hurt... A lot. Also discouraged me from play the game for a few days. Decided to try it again earlier this night, well last night technically speaking, and did it no sweat. But still Pyromancy armor + that poison resistance ring you can buy from Oswald = nothing to fear from those toxic dart monsters. Still rather dislike the place though... it's awfully tight.
Great! You've got a long way to go, though.
What's your weapon?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That's Korean, not Japanese...

:231:
It was funny when I once said IRL that I could distinguish between written Chinese, Japanese and Korean. People thought I was joking or had WTF-like reactions. Then again, having good observation skills helped me in detecting details that often are overlooked by unfamiliar people.

It might be impossible (or very difficult) distinguishing written Chinese and Japanese if there are only kanji, though if there are hiragana and/or katakana around, those are a dead giveaway that it's Japanese. Korean uses an entirely different set of symbols, so it's easy to tell that one apart.

Regarding speech, I can easily tell when someone is speaking Japanese. Chinese also has a unique sonority, so I can also identify that one well.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My personal top 10 (not necessarily in-game and in order, but the top 3 is definitive)...

:4ganondorf::4robinm::4darkpit::4lucina::4bowserjr::4pit::4greninja::4marth::4olimar::4myfriends:

I also like: :4link::4tlink::4lucario::4shulk::4sheik::rosalina::4fox::4dk::4wario::4pacman:

I liked :wolf::lucas::snake: quite a lot in Brawl. Wolf and Lucas had some glorious Up Smashes that made for very satisfying KOs and playing as Snake was plain fun.

But really, I like using all characters overall, even though I'm bad at some of them (notably Mega Man and Palutena). Using a different character forces you to change strategies, after all.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It was funny when I once said IRL that I could distinguish between written Chinese, Japanese and Korean. People thought I was joking or had WTF-like reactions. Then again, having good observation skills helped me in detecting details that often are overlooked by unfamiliar people.

It might be impossible (or very difficult) distinguishing written Chinese and Japanese if there are only kanji, though if there are hiragana and/or katakana around, those are a dead giveaway that it's Japanese. Korean uses an entirely different set of symbols, so it's easy to tell that one apart.

Regarding speech, I can easily tell when someone is speaking Japanese. Chinese also has a unique sonority, so I can also identify that one well.
Chinese Kanji tend to be more complicated and short.

I can only distinguish Chinese and Japanese because I can make out Japanese words. :p

:231:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom