• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I love how TPP caught a Lv. 50 :130: just to release it by accident while trying to get it from the PC

Time to sleep for me, I have Half of Sailor Moon R downloaded but my stupid computer decided to restart to update stuff so I fear my downloads got damaged.

Anyway, good night all.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
You know what's better than sheltering yourself from the snow outside?

Eating a Subway sub while sheltering yourself from the snow...

...outside.

:4pacman:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I sometimes wish that it snowed in the tropics too. I've never seen snowfall. :c The world needs an ice age.

:231:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I kind of want to experience deep snow in highly populated area at least once in my life. Snow didn't get too deep when I lived in Tokyo, and I don't count Tahoe or Big Bear as highly populated.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I sometimes wish that it snowed in the tropics too. I've never seen snowfall. :c The world needs an ice age.

People always want what they don't have. Snow is freaking horrible; I hate snow, but I hate all the seasons and climates, so yeah...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Are there no snowy places in Australia?

Like one, but its hella far away from where I am, and I heard there is less and less snow every year :(
Well there's a few.
It snowed when I was on holiday in Tasmania.

It was amazing, just seeing everything covered in white. seeing people having snowball fights, watching the snow fall, seeing snowmen everywhere. Then you pick up the snow, realise how freaking cold it is and that you wind up with freezing cold water all over your hands. So yeah, don't pick up snow with bare hands.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Well there's a few.
It snowed when I was on holiday in Tasmania.

It was amazing, just seeing everything covered in white. seeing people having snowball fights, watching the snow fall, seeing snowmen everywhere. Then you pick up the snow, realise how freaking cold it is and that you wind up with freezing cold water all over your hands. So yeah, don't pick up snow with bare hands.
True... except that I didn't can't drive out to Mount Kosciuszko during the weekend or go on a holiday to Tasmania.

Lucky ******* :( :C

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

It feels like an ice age every day here. :221:

Although, snow isn't for everyone. My aunt moved to Australia a long time ago, and never wants to visit Canada when it's winter (we used to mail her 100% maple syrup in those cans, since its more expensive there lol) . Then, there's my other aunt who stayed in Vancouver for a few years, but moved back to Toronto because she couldn't take the rain there lol. Vancouver's nice tho, I don't mind the rain~ beats ****ty snow/ice imo. I swear, the roads are so bad here because of winter. Potholes... potholes everywhere 6_9

It's understandable wanting to see something that you may never experience. Seeing snow at least once in your life may be nice, even if you may not like cold weather. Are there any places near you that get snowfalls? If you're really that curious, you could always save up money and take a trip there. Bring the camera too! =P

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It feels like an ice age every day here. :221:

Although, snow isn't for everyone. My aunt moved to Australia a long time ago, and never wants to visit Canada when it's winter. Then, there's my other aunt who stayed in Vancouver for a few years, but moved back to Toronto because she couldn't take the rain there lol. Vancouver's nice tho, I don't mind the rain~ beats ****ty snow/ice imo. I swear, the roads are so bad here because of winter. Potholes... potholes everywhere 6_9

It's understandable wanting to see something that you may never experience. Seeing snow at least once in your life may be nice, even if you may not like cold weather. Are there any places near you that get snowfalls? If you're really that curious, you could always save up money and take a trip there. Bring the camera too! =P
Well, the Himalayas are close by, so it's really a matter of getting time to visit there. Maybe once I'm out of college...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well, the Himalayas are close by, so it's really a matter of getting time to visit there. Maybe once I'm out of college...

If you do go, don't forget to have some snow cones.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only thing we have here are coffee shops

Lots and lots of coffee shops

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last time it snowed here I was stuck inside. Couldn't go anywhere

It was extremely lonely, especially looking outside and seeing only white

made the world feel REALLY small

Edit: Do enemy pokemon just give up at some points?

I was fighting a trainer, and while at first he was defeating me, as soon as I used ingrain and a super potion the trainer used NOTHING but endure for the rest of the battle. Even though my pokemon wasn't dealing a lot of damage to it

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Last time it snowed here I was stuck inside. Couldn't go anywhere

It was extremely lonely, especially looking outside and seeing only white

made the world feel REALLY small

Edit: Do enemy pokemon just give up at some points?

I was fighting a trainer, and while at first he was defeating me, as soon as I used ingrain and a super potion the trainer used NOTHING but endure for the rest of the battle. Even though my pokemon wasn't dealing a lot of damage to it
Enemy trainer AI is built with a "take a breather" mode in them, if they notice you are losing they will derp around instead of finishing you off (most of the time), all wild pokemon and trainers do this except battle maison trainers and its pretty insulting.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
How does Sonic Runners look like? Do you just run?
Sorry! I think I missed this because of the edit. It's not like endless running games, there's 50 two minute levels. I honestly think it'll be a good, simple game... like Sonic is supposed to be. Sega have been experimenting with mobile gaming for a while, but this is by far their most original project.

Snow cones are a rather common street food here. :p

I'm loving the little Phanpy's all over this place. When you're super active, it feels like there's a stampede.

If I had a permanent follower Poke-pal, it'd be:

:081:

But I wont steal your thing...

Last edited:

Ultresmasher5

Smash Journeyman
Sorry! I think I missed this because of the edit. It's not like endless running games, there's 50 two minute levels. I honestly think it'll be a good, simple game... like Sonic is supposed to be. Sega have been experimenting with mobile gaming for a while, but this is by far their most original project.
The Sonic CD port iOS/Android is really good! Probably my second favorite Sonic game, and by far my favorite mobile game! Keep going with this Sonic talk even though it's either really late or really early almost everywhere in the world.

:4sonic:

ICXCM

Smash Cadet
If you haven't played Legend of Zelda: Link between worlds. That would be a perfect time, being on a plane, most likely without internet to help you with secrets and all the ones you find are completely your own discovery. I myself can't resist looking up secrets on the internet so I kinda ruined a lot of the experience for myself.
Yeah, I blazed through that one when it came out. Loved it! It's still pretty fresh in my mind, so I'd wait a bit to replay it.

I had to look up one or two things, but nothing that ruined the experience. Just finding those babies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

I've only seen snowfall once in my life. I've also experienced hail more than once.

And the world doesn't need an ice age. :urg: I wouldn't like to miss summers.

Portugal does have a nice balance of hot and cold seasons. Depending on the places you go and the time of the year, you can have snow, but you can also have extremely dry heat.

Northeastern Portugal, the most mountainous area in the mainland, is often covered in snow during winter. I've been there once in the winter, long ago. I was very young and I did even make a snowman. However, being away from the coast, the summers can also be quite hot there as well.

Summers in the south (where I hail from) can be scorching, but it makes for a popular tourist destination for Europeans from the northern countries...

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I really want to get a capture device put in my 3DS so I can film a series of Nuzlockes for YouTube. I even have an old 3DS with broken L/R buttons, so it'd be perfect. I just don't know where to go to get it done.

Obviously I'd need you all to become regular watchers too. And your friends. And your family.:ace:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
I see snow this time of the year, every year, it was snowing lightly just last week. I really don't like it TBH, it's only good in videogames a la Xenoblade, Mother 3, Metroid Prime where it creates a beautiful scenery and interesting level design. In real life it just gives me a cold and inconveniences my travelling. Sorry to burst the bubble for a lot of people! (Or maybe I'm just really pessimistic?):joyful:

ICXCM

Smash Cadet
Hey Waluigi,

You love Captain Falcon right, and F-Zero and the anime, and falcon punch, etc. but does anyone love F-Zero so much they know why on the mode 7 (snes, gba) games, when you take the lead out of the starting grid, the game slows you down and lets your opponents overtake?

Been driving me nuts for 24 years.

Thanks much, Waluigi.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
What If Shantae Was Announced For SSB4? :4wendy:
You still do these?

I still remember when you did the Paper Mario one :)

How many have you done so far?

Go in Canada Quebec.

I'm serious, it seems the sky has been struck by an ice storm everyday. Yesterday, I got my hands frozen just because I wanted to get my key in my pocket.....

JUST that....

That tells you how cold it was outside and that's not considering the huge wind there was.....

I think it made me moved since it was that much intense.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Google's Japanese Keyboard has a handful of wonderful smilies.

(¯―¯٥)
٩(♡ε♡ )۶
(✽ ゚д゚ ✽)
(。ŏ﹏ŏ)
(~_~メ)

Seriously, Google's Japanese IME is ****ing fantastic. I mean, it has inputs/suggestions for anime/manga/video game characters and titles!

Obviously has to do with Google looking for popular Japanese trends on the Internet, but it's still pretty cool.

Japan gets everything these days >.<
Step-by-step:
1. Download Google's Japanese IME
2. Switch to hiragana input
3. Input "emoji"

Or, you can go to this site, which is a great resource of Japanese emoticons: http://www.japaneseemoticons.net/

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Would someone mind transcribing those Smash Theory videos for me?

I can't stand watching YouTube tutorials because I can't bear to listen to some asshole talking for who knows how long...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom