• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
All this talk about Sonic. Hmm....

I am a huge Sonic fan, but I'm okay with only the blue blur himself in Smash. I also think since SEGA just moved to the mobile/PC market, he's pretty much finished since a vast majority is on Nintendo consoles. Heck, I would not be surprised if he gets cut from next smash at all.

Some people are all out wanting Nintendo to dig him out of this mess by purchasing the franchise from SEGA now that things are looking more grim than ever. Shame on them. Not because I'm not proud of the fanbase, It's because I don't think you can buy out a company's mascot without buying the company itself, I JUST DON'T THINK YOU CAN. I'm not saying you can't, I don't think you can. That's my problem with it too. I don't want it to happen in the first place.

I'm also sorely ashamed of myself for being a fan of him mainly because of his Fanbase on DeviantArt. Too much weird sexual artwork makes me feel uncomfortable.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Perfect Dark more than Banjo-Tooie.

Here's a blast from the past by the way.

You know, a part of me is still curious how this game would've turned out if it wasn't folded into Star Fox. I've read some of the information about the game and it seemed like they had an interesting set-up for how it would've worked, and it's a shame that the original vision will remain lost.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
After a nice hunt of Moon Stones, I have enough of them to evolve my Pokémon.

"Munna, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Skitty...In the name of the Moon, I shall evolve you!!!"
*slams the stones on their faces*

R0Y

Smash Master
WALL OF GIFS

You know, a part of me is still curious how this game would've turned out if it wasn't folded into Star Fox. I've read some of the information about the game and it seemed like they had an interesting set-up for how it would've worked, and it's a shame that the original vision will remain lost.
Yeah, I'm happy with what we ultimately though. Much better than if it had been delayed. We would have been without an amazing game.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Out of these sonic character who do you know?

Last edited:

Soul.

Lmao 12 notifications. I thought a flame war would start but likes, quotes and whatnot.

----

SEGA is owned by SEGA Sammy. Nintendo won't buy the company, get it right. Only way for Sonic to appear is through licensing. Then again I'd rather have that silly 3.5 Ganon

Perfect Dark more than Banjo-Tooie.

Here's a blast from the past by the way.

That looks impressive for its time. Of course the Gamecube was love and more powerful so they made Adventures.
Well, Shadows of the Damned was being edgy and hardcore to make fun of it. I like games like those, parodies and all. Speaking of which, has anyone played 3D Dot Game Heroes? It's both an homage and a parody of old school games like Zelda.
Never played that game so I dunno. I barely play Zelda games.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Out of these sonic character who do you know?

....what's happening here
Edit: ok I see who they are now, I was just thrown off a bit!
All this talk about Sonic. Hmm....

I am a huge Sonic fan, but I'm okay with only the blue blur himself in Smash. I also think since SEGA just moved to the mobile/PC market, he's pretty much finished since a vast majority is on Nintendo consoles. Heck, I would not be surprised if he gets cut from next smash at all.

Some people are all out wanting Nintendo to dig him out of this mess by purchasing the franchise from SEGA now that things are looking more grim than ever. Shame on them. Not because I'm not proud of the fanbase, It's because I don't think you can buy out a company's mascot without buying the company itself, I JUST DON'T THINK YOU CAN. I'm not saying you can't, I don't think you can. That's my problem with it too. I don't want it to happen in the first place.

I'm also sorely ashamed of myself for being a fan of him mainly because of his Fanbase on DeviantArt. Too much weird sexual artwork makes me feel uncomfortable.
If they want to get out of whatever whole they dug themselves into, i really think they should consider making a fighting game with pure Sega characters. Kinda like Sonic and sega all stars racing but with more sonic characters.. I need to see Blaze in action again!

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
SEGA is already in partnership with Sammy. Nintendo won't buy the company, get it right. Only way for Sonic to appear is through licensing
That's my beef with it. They wouldn't just sell away their mascot like that, that's so stupid! Surely Nintendo has enough money stashed away to help them survive for thirty years without going third party, and that's probably enough to get the PARTNERSHIP out of the way, but the more accurate reason it isn't happening is because SEGA just left the console market.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
@ Mythra Mythra Oh my god. Just heard "Eyes of a Stranger." I can't believe I had written these guys off because I heard their one hit so many years ago and hated it, "Silent Lucidity".

I think this would be Palutena's favourite band.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Welp, someone gave me my 7000th like, but I don't know who...
So, nobody won the prize I was going to give... canned bread :4pacman:
It was Anonymous. They brainwashed you so that you could lose count on the powerful Likes. :troll:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Yeah, I'm happy with what we ultimately though. Much better than if it had been delayed. We would have been without an amazing game.
I do get what you mean, I like Adventures and I think it's a fun game, it's just that a part of me wishes that we did see what the original Dinosaur Planet would come to be. Plus, it would've been nice to see the world and the characters like Krystal, General Scales, Tricky, etc. develop outside of Star Fox's influence, particularly since a lot of them got sidelined as a result of the merger.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That's not the case. Rare already owned the intellectual property for Banjo Kazooie, never owned any copyright over StarFox or Donkey Kong, so I don't see your point.
Banjo Kazooie was my point. I don't remember Microsoft asking to have them, do you? Correct me if I am wrong.

Do you know how serious you take things? Lighten the **** up
Oh and if this were to happen they best not use their Sonic boom looks just saying
but I like the Sonic boom looks. I know, unpopular opinion

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's my beef with it. They wouldn't just sell away their mascot like that, that's so stupid! Surely Nintendo has enough money stashed away to help them survive for thirty years without going third party, and that's probably enough to get the PARTNERSHIP out of the way, but the more accurate reason it isn't happening is because SEGA just left the console market.
Sega-Sammy is pretty much a big corporation so I don't see it bought anytime soon, unless of course, it splits, and the Sega part gets sold to some other company.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604

You young whipper snappers. Primal rage was almost as bad as Mortal Kombat back in my day!

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Banjo Kazooie was my point. I don't remember Microsoft asking to have them, do you? Correct me if I am wrong.

Do you know how serious you take things? Lighten the **** up

but I like the Sonic boom looks. I know, unpopular opinion
Well, such foul language mister..
And yes I actually don't know many people that do like it. Or they're like me and don't like change....sigh..

Soul.

I was talking about licensing to get Sonic in Smash.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
All this Sonic talk reminds me how excited I am for Sonic Runners.

Not even joking.

The Genesis Sonic games were my childhood.

Sonic 3 + Knuckles remains my favourite game of all time.

Soul.

Nothing's going on. Just Smash salt.
All this Sonic talk reminds me how excited I am for Sonic Runners.

Not even joking.

The Genesis Sonic games were my childhood.

Sonic 3 + Knuckles remains my favourite game of all time.
How does Sonic Runners look like? Do you just run?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom