• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Draw my character, which is shown as my avatar.
What happens if you have only a section of the character that you're not familiar with it and every color in the picture is green?
"...Screw it, I'm-a Fireballing. HUMAN FLIGHT AWAY~"

D

Deleted member

What happens if you have only a section of the character that you're not familiar with it and every color in the picture is green?
"...Screw it, I'm-a Fireballing. HUMAN FLIGHT AWAY~"
Human personification? I am not sure what to think of it, but it works.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I need some serious help.

I made this big resolve to start turning my life around, and it seemed to be going pretty well for a while... until I remembered that my depression has been leading me to completely half-*** college. It's mid-semester right now and I have more zeroes than a Republican's paycheck.

Any tips to try to reverse some of the damage?
Welcome to the club of college procrastinators and youngin's having existential crises, overstress, and dealing with depression.

I'm a hypocrite for saying this, but have you tried working on little things bit by bit like deciding to floss everyday and making a good habit out of it, making your bed everyday, writing a short story everyday, read a chapter of a book everyday, or sleeping early everyday? It's sort of like a survival mantra or trick to make things look better each day. I think Les Stroud, the host of Survivorman, talked about it during one of his survive for a week trips.

Our brains are both manipulative and easy to fool. If you make things seem better no matter how small, it might just make things get better and better as you build better and better habits.

So, maybe do homework/study until say, 11:00 pm and that's it. Whatever you finish or don't finish, it doesn't matter. Go to bed and wake up in the morning, eat breakfast and then continue studying. Each subject you do you could give yourself a treat like 30 minutes of game time, a snack, or something. Doing things little by little might seem annoying and like micromanaging - I don't know if you like strategy games with a lot of micromanaging or not -, but it allows you to not have to deal with working on an entire project in 3 days instead of working on it for 3 weeks and allows you to think about the sections you've worked on. In a way, it's like practicing with your main. So, instead of working on 3 different combos, you just work on 1/3 of a combo until you can master it and then move on to 1/3, and then the final 1/3 and try to combine each 1/3 separately. Yeah, it's convoluted, but it would teach you to be able to use any part of the combo if you see the situation for it.

I think I remember reading that people prefer having a routine even if it doesn't seem like a routine like a business person traveling week after week. It's their routine.

Hopefully that helped.

Oh, and don't treat failures as just failures. Try to learn from them. So, right now, I'm screwed over in 3 subjects because I slacked off and got burnt out trying to catch up. I know I won't be getting a B for my CS or calculus midterms and I'll be lucky to scrape a C, but I know that I can improve after that and I know that I should start the CS projects as soon as they're out.

Niiiice.. Friends guilting me into going to a funeral that I KNOW Im not emotionaly stable for..
I think you should still go just to honor your friend. You can bawl out your eyes for all they care, but just being there and knowing that you were there for them after what happened might be enough. I don't think you should go on living regretting you didn't go to the funeral. If anything, you could explain to your friends you want to go after and have a private visit.

Edit: Oh, and have two corgis walking on a treadmill.

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Those of you with meh level recoveries! I say for you to beware!

Long distance force palm custom sends opponents at a much lower angle and sends you flying further than standard force palm grab!

So that means earlier kills if you get aura punched.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Welcome to the club of college procrastinators and youngin's having existential crises, overstress, and dealing with depression.

I'm a hypocrite for saying this, but have you tried working on little things bit by bit like deciding to floss everyday and making a good habit out of it, making your bed everyday, writing a short story everyday, read a chapter of a book everyday, or sleeping early everyday? It's sort of like a survival mantra or trick to make things look better each day. I think Les Stroud, the host of Survivorman, talked about it during one of his survive for a week trips.

Our brains are both manipulative and easy to fool. If you make things seem better no matter how small, it might just make things get better and better as you build better and better habits.

So, maybe do homework/study until say, 11:00 pm and that's it. Whatever you finish or don't finish, it doesn't matter. Go to bed and wake up in the morning, eat breakfast and then continue studying. Each subject you do you could give yourself a treat like 30 minutes of game time, a snack, or something. Doing things little by little might seem annoying and like micromanaging - I don't know if you like strategy games with a lot of micromanaging or not -, but it allows you to not have to deal with working on an entire project in 3 days instead of working on it for 3 weeks and allows you to think about the sections you've worked on. In a way, it's like practicing with your main. So, instead of working on 3 different combos, you just work on 1/3 of a combo until you can master it and then move on to 1/3, and then the final 1/3 and try to combine each 1/3 separately. Yeah, it's convoluted, but it would teach you to be able to use any part of the combo if you see the situation for it.

I think I remember reading that people prefer having a routine even if it doesn't seem like a routine like a business person traveling week after week. It's their routine.

Hopefully that helped.

Oh, and don't treat failures as just failures. Try to learn from them. So, right now, I'm screwed over in 3 subjects because I slacked off and got burnt out trying to catch up. I know I won't be getting a B for my CS or calculus midterms and I'll be lucky to scrape a C, but I know that I can improve after that and I know that I should start the CS projects as soon as they're out.

I think you should still go just to honor your friend. You can bawl out your eyes for all they care, but just being there and knowing that you were there for them after what happened might be enough. I don't think you should go on living regretting you didn't go to the funeral. If anything, you could explain to your friends you want to go after and have a private visit.

Edit: Oh, and have two corgis walking on a treadmill.
So, I might say this too early, but I think you and me share a common thing: you and me seem to both try to be exhaustive.

Because if it wasn;t obvious, I am, but it's kinda rare to see someone ese too :)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
He does have that super strength though.
Super strength? Wut? When is this?
There is the Regret this again... that is what is Guilting me...
" You will Regret it you know"
"You might regret it"
"At least you were about to hang with him You will regret not going"
  1. Im not emotional stable for Funerals
  2. it is also within a timeframe that I have classes well
But oh yes, that doesn't matter.. because I'm going to Regret not going...

regret, regret, regret. what if I cant focus on school AFTER I go to the Funeral, then what else could i REGRET.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Bruh you better want to put some text in that post.
Mods usually are pretty lenient when it comes to things like that unless you spam gifs or they have absolutely nothing to do with the post it's replying to.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So, I might say this too early, but I think you and me share a common thing: you and me seem to both try to be exhaustive.

Because if it wasn;t obvious, I am, but it's kinda rare to see someone ese too :)
I probably have an addiction to information. I think I would be fine in information technology or a library work - not a librarian, but something that deals with keeping track of books. That said, if I was in something like server building, video game design, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up like Sakurai and destroyed my arms because I just want to figure out how something works and apply it.

The only issue: math. It's a requirement for a ton of majors including CS, but I suck at it and I haven't done any serious algebra since about 1-2 years ago - last time was in my junior year of high school. I placed well in the placement test, but I probably got lucky with some of the questions. This basically means my foundation isn't solid and I'm in calculus. I understand the new concepts, but I can't apply them well if I can't figure out the algebra and trigonometry part of it, so I understand limits and I can derive things - I don't remember the formula for d by dy -, but looking at some algebra parts just leaves me stumped.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
"You might regret it"

regret, regret, regret. what if I cant focus on school AFTER I go to the Funeral, then what else could i REGRET.
Trust me, you'll feel better if you go rather than not going. I've never really been in that situation, since I live through periods of grief just like any other day without letting them take comtrol of my life (unlike the rest of my family), but I know some people who almost killed themselves, metaphorically of course, because they missed the funerals of someone close to the

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Ever play Super Mario Bros. 2? Toad could puck up some serious turnips in a flash.
Oh oh yeah point taken
Also, speaking of Turnips

View attachment 40100
Then explain why I am not laughing.
Because you take **** to seriously in life.
Trust me, you'll feel better if you go rather than not going. I've never really been in that situation, since I live through periods of grief just like any other day without letting it overcome my life, but I know some people who almost killed themselves, metaphorically of course, because they missed the funerals of someone close to the
Guess whats going to happen, LITERALLY if I do go.

Im not emotionally stable to go. to. funerals. I cant even get over getting a simple C on a test pft

But it seems like that is falling and deaf ears so nmv.

I understand what you all are saying. sorry If Im being hard to handle pft

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Super strength? Wut? When is this?

"You might regret it"

What about a private funeral? Go after midterms, exams, etc. by yourself and have time for yourself for your friend? It's like the saying, "better late then never." Go when you feel it's right and don't let yourself get pressured into doing so.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Captain Toad in Mario Kart? But we already have Toad, isn't that enou--

Tanooki Mario, Metal Mario, Cat Peach, Pink Gold Peach, Dry Bowser

-ooough- on second thought, just do it.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
But there is still the happy sheep. It's a little known fact, but rainbow sheep are natural predators to Substitutes.
Don't worry, there's also a Shy Guy there.
It's a little known fact, but Shy Guys are the natural controllers of peace, and that includes keeping Rainbow Sheep in line.

D

Deleted member

Mods usually are pretty lenient when it comes to things like that unless you spam gifs or they have absolutely nothing to do with the post it's replying to.
I see. I tend to post images with text every single time...even before this thread came into effect with.. *ahem*, its rules.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I probably have an addiction to information. I think I would be fine in information technology or a library work - not a librarian, but something that deals with keeping track of books. That said, if I was in something like server building, video game design, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up like Sakurai and destroyed my arms because I just want to figure out how something works and apply it.

The only issue: math. It's a requirement for a ton of majors including CS, but I suck at it and I haven't done any serious algebra since about 1-2 years ago - last time was in my junior year of high school. I placed well in the placement test, but I probably got lucky with some of the questions. This basically means my foundation isn't solid and I'm in calculus. I understand the new concepts, but I can't apply them well if I can't figure out the algebra and trigonometry part of it, so I understand limits and I can derive things - I don't remember the formula for d by dy -, but looking at some algebra parts just leaves me stumped.
Except the math part (it;s not my best subject, but kinda interested), I think we both share another thing.

You said "I just want to figure out how something works and apply it."

This is like most of my life. I'm not joking, the reason I even got into video games is because I was fascinated to see that I enjoyed ssbm so much. I was so curious that it lead me to watch the series history behind ssbm....man I got so much fascinated by thw work behind that I boguht a gc and ssbm on ebay after I sold it (worst mistake of my life).

But I wanted to know more so I began to play old games via VC and of course, lots of GC one....each time I finished one, I learned something.

I once got into speedrunning which is when I learned of the Paper Mario series, loved pm64, but TTYD hit right the spot I never expected any game would on me...I got so addicted by its charms that I spent 6 months on glitch hunting it...now, I have a pretty godam good idea of how the game works, but to push me there is really something.

Then, I'm about to do the same for spm....yeah it is my life to try to figure out stuff to then check its applications.

I'm studying computer science because again, got fascinated y hoe computers works and I think it born when I heard about glitches and especially the first was the Mssingno one....this is a really fascinating glitch that reminds me that no matter how good a game is....it's just a program that transforms input into output.

So, my curiosity did lead me there, but I don;t think it's about to end :)

Soul.

This topic is so depressing.
I'll lighten up the mood by saying lol guys I got a Wii U

:troll:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Don't worry, there's also a Shy Guy there.
It's a little known fact, but Shy Guys are the natural controllers of peace, and that includes keeping Rainbow Sheep in line.
Well the sheep will still forever unnerve me, but I'll take your word for it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
What about a private funeral? Go after midterms, exams, etc. by yourself and have time for yourself for your friend? It's like the saying, "better late then never." Go when you feel it's right and don't let yourself get pressured into doing so.
I'm not even sure there will be any private Funerals. Im already getting pressured and no amount of telling my friends Ill get more depressed then I am about his death with change it.

Im going to end up going, getting MORE sad and Digging a hole I cant get out of and fail my classes
This topic is so depressing.
I'll lighten up the mood by saying lol guys I got a Wii U

:troll:
Sorry Ill take this somewhere else..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom