• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I've gotten to the point where I want to punch someone whenever they say, "Where are you at." Blame Chuggaaconroy. Oh and puns sometimes irritate me as well when people emphasize the pun. Also blame Chuggaaconroy.
I thought the "Where you at." phrase came from the Wombo Combo video.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If a random member doesn't appear here and posts "what did I stumble/walked into..." during the day, that means we failed to traumatize people

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
The Brawl ended, nowadays its time to Smash 4 glory!

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I see. Ehh, I don't really feel like getting on Brawl at this point. xD
Then I hope you can handle waiting an undetermined number of years until it's possible to hack SSB4 3DS and Wii U to have a clone engine, import models, cBliss, add stage slots, moveset hacks, and pretty much all the other stuff Brawl hacking can do right now. :rolleyes:

----

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Brawl ended, nowadays its time to Smash 4 glory!
Hmm, you mean, 12 characters kept fighting for the number 64, then they went on a brutal melee, then a casual brawl, and now they're smashing it out for the fourth time? G00D.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
And thus the search for the mythical Dragonboards continues...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Then I hope you can handle waiting an undetermined number of years until it's possible to hack SSB4 3DS and Wii U to have a clone engine, import models, cBliss, add stage slots, moveset hacks, and pretty much all the other stuff Brawl hacking can do right now. :rolleyes:

----
Oh but Smash 4 is good as it is~ Obviously Brawl isnt as good as it is if it has to be modded :4villagerf:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Her and Nanako, yes

Just Leave Rise to rot

Chuggaaconroy is ignorence in human form
No! But Laura Bailey voices Rise!

Anyway, Chuggaaconroy has issues of never, ever thinking before he opens his mouth. There's the fact he's loud and obnoxious. Also, he's sometimes opinionated. When he researches things, fine, it's cool to learn more about a game, but it's so annoying to hear him say, "Oh, I think Greninja's bad because someone said so", and proceeds to get whooped by ProtonJon during a SSB4 stream and switches to, "Oh, I think Greninja's OP now." Really, Emile? First off, at least say you don't know why Greninja's bad instead of just outright saying because someone told you.

Then there's this need to explain everything and while explaining stopping the game or going on autopilot and screwing over people like what happened to Jon in Mario Party where he got really, really angry that he didn't know how to play the mini-game and lost immediately to Emile. The emphasis on puns and making predictable and repeated references to Xenoblade, My Little Pony, and other stuff just annoys me. Yes, we know, Jon knows, NintendoCapriSun (Tim) knows, that you're a big fan, but could you cool it or make it more subtle?

Should I mention how as a team player, he's not good? He loves to rush ahead and screw over everyone despite repeated, repeated call outs from Jon, JoshJepson, Lucahjin, and more. He even admits he was bad at working with groups. Well, could you try working on it?

I think he would be a pleasant person to meet and talk to, but man, does he sound grating to me nowadays and he even knows he's been grating. The amounts of sexist, racist, and overall ignorant things he says without thinking could kill you if you were doing a drink whenever Chugga says blah. Wheel of Fortune is both funny and cringing with him.

Whenever I watch TheRunawayGuys, I like Jon and Tim more. Jon's levelheaded and funny without emphasizing jokes while Tim's mellow, although, oblivious sometimes, but I think he said he easily gets distracted - have you seen him do a no death run of Contra, his 3 heart run of Zelda and OoT? Tim is a good gamer, but one that's better at singleplayer or when he can focus by himself. I think he won a Zelda and A Link to the Past race against other Let's Players.

So, Chugga can be annoying at times, but the information he provides on games and his experiences are relatable as being the social outcast or "weird". Then again, pretty much every Let's Player and/or Youtuber were considered weird, but ended up being well-loved by people like SSoHPKC - the people ended up alienating him, unfortunately -, Pewdiepie, Chugga, NintendoCapriSun, and more.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And thus the search for the mythical Dragonboards continues...
Dragonboards? You're probably referring to two different yet similar things: the Smashboards of an alternate dimension, or Smashboards' (false) internal codename.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Why isn't Ai No Uta in Smash 4?
Is it?
Cuz' I was just told it wasn't, and now I'm kinda sad.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No! But Laura Bailey voices Rise!

Anyway, Chuggaaconroy has issues of never, ever thinking before he opens his mouth. There's the fact he's loud and obnoxious. Also, he's sometimes opinionated. When he researches things, fine, it's cool to learn more about a game, but it's so annoying to hear him say, "Oh, I think Greninja's bad because someone said so", and proceeds to get whooped by ProtonJon during a SSB4 stream and switches to, "Oh, I think Greninja's OP now." Really, Emile? First off, at least say you don't know why Greninja's bad instead of just outright saying because someone told you.

Then there's this need to explain everything and while explaining stopping the game or going on autopilot and screwing over people like what happened to Jon in Mario Party where he got really, really angry that he didn't know how to play the mini-game and lost immediately to Emile. The emphasis on puns and making predictable and repeated references to Xenoblade, My Little Pony, and other stuff just annoys me. Yes, we know, Jon knows, NintendoCapriSun (Tim) knows, that you're a big fan, but could you cool it or make it more subtle?

Should I mention how as a team player, he's not good? He loves to rush ahead and screw over everyone despite repeated, repeated call outs from Jon, JoshJepson, Lucahjin, and more. He even admits he was bad at working with groups. Well, could you try working on it?

I think he would be a pleasant person to meet and talk to, but man, does he sound grating to me nowadays and he even knows he's been grating. The amounts of sexist, racist, and overall ignorant things he says without thinking could kill you if you were doing a drink whenever Chugga says blah. Wheel of Fortune is both funny and cringing with him.

Whenever I watch TheRunawayGuys, I like Jon and Tim more. Jon's levelheaded and funny without emphasizing jokes while Tim's mellow, although, oblivious sometimes, but I think he said he easily gets distracted - have you seen him do a no death run of Contra, his 3 heart run of Zelda and OoT? Tim is a good gamer, but one that's better at singleplayer or when he can focus by himself. I think he won a Zelda and A Link to the Past race against other Let's Players.

So, Chugga can be annoying at times, but the information he provides on games and his experiences are relatable as being the social outcast or "weird". Then again, pretty much every Let's Player and/or Youtuber were considered weird, but ended up being well-loved by people like SSoHPKC - the people ended up alienating him, unfortunately -, Pewdiepie, Chugga, NintendoCapriSun, and more.
And no mention of his ten-year old fanbase? I'm disappointed.

But to be serious, I look at him as I do with Game Theory. Yes, the two can be irritating, don't get me wrong. But the two do have some qualities that work for them. Say what you want, but at least he does his homework compared to other loud-mouthed obnoxious Youtubers Retsupurae will mock fun of.
I don't know. It's really a "to each their own kind of ordeal", but I can see why people like him.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I thought the "Where you at." phrase came from the Wombo Combo video.
It does, but Chugga screamed it a lot during moments of TheRunawayGuys. I think it started during their Mario Party 2 playthrough. That reminds me, he tried to make "Doh, I missed" a meme because Wario in Mario Party 1 would sometimes say that when he lost. It was funny the first time and how it had a back story of a German voice actor being told to say it so they could give Wario a voice, but after the 3rd time, it was annoying. I think the recent Dokapon Kingdom video had Chugga saying, "Where are you at", after Jon misread a boss's level and died. That's like what? The 100th time he said it?

D

Deleted member

Meh. I don't watch Let's Plays, or gameplay videos in general, that much. They get me bored after a while but that's not to say they are bad at all. I do enjoy them in some cases.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Wow, I just found an old French song that I think I heard a while ago. I think my father played it before when I was young.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I dont think there is a such thing as a non romantic ****tsundere
Caster from F/SN is married with the guy she loves in the sequel but treats Shirou and the others in a tsundere way because she respects them yet doesn't want to admit it. Except with Saber.
If a random member doesn't appear here and posts "what did I stumble/walked into..." during the day, that means we failed to traumatize people
True, true.

I need to make more "Do It For Her" pics to contribute.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
And no mention of his ten-year old fanbase? I'm disappointed.

But to be serious, I look at him as I do with Game Theory. Yes, the two can be irritating, don't get me wrong. But the two do have some qualities that work for them. Say what you want, but at least he does his homework compared to other loud-mouthed obnoxious Youtubers Retsupurae will mock fun of.
I don't know. It's really a "to each their own kind of ordeal", but I can see why people like him.
Personally, I like Chuggaa's let's plays because they're very informative.
If he knows something, then you WILL know it too, and it has been helpful for some games I own.
Also, if not for Chuggaa, I would have never bought Super Mario Sunshine OR Xenoblade.
SMS, a game that brought me HOURS upon HOURS of fun back in the day. I have him to thank for that.
As for Xenoblade, I'm not far enough to say, but it has been fun so far.
Admittedly though, his commentary in TRG can seem a little loud and forced at times.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It does, but Chugga screamed it a lot during moments of TheRunawayGuys. I think it started during their Mario Party 2 playthrough. That reminds me, he tried to make "Doh, I missed" a meme because Wario in Mario Party 1 would sometimes say that when he lost. It was funny the first time and how it had a back story of a German voice actor being told to say it so they could give Wario a voice, but after the 3rd time, it was annoying. I think the recent Dokapon Kingdom video had Chugga saying, "Where are you at", after Jon misread a boss's level and died. That's like what? The 100th time he said it?
Sure, I'll give you that. But I do want to pop up two questions.
Xenoblade I'll give you, but I can't recall him making that many Pony jokes. Last time I remember it is Super Luigi U.
Also, since I'm aware which Mario Party moment you're referring to...
https://www.facebook.com/TheRunawayGuys/posts/559146584121211
What a coincidence! Minds think alike.

Also, while searching around I found this:

Enjoy.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I need some serious help.

I made this big resolve to start turning my life around, and it seemed to be going pretty well for a while... until I remembered that my depression has been leading me to completely half-ass college. It's mid-semester right now and I have more zeroes than a Republican's paycheck.

Any tips to try to reverse some of the damage?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I need some serious help.

I made this big resolve to start turning my life around, and it seemed to be going pretty well for a while... until I remembered that my depression has been leading me to completely half-*** college. It's mid-semester right now and I have more zeroes than a Republican's paycheck.

Any tips to try to reverse some of the damage?
Persona Music
tumblr_inline_mrlbv9O5aE1qz4rgp.gif

No really, persona music helps me feel better about stuff
I have more zeroes than a Republican's paycheck.
Oh ouch dude *keeps joke*

D

Deleted member

Sure, I'll give you that. But I do want to pop up two questions.
Xenoblade I'll give you, but I can't recall him making that many Pony jokes. Last time I remember it is Super Luigi U.
Also, since I'm aware which Mario Party moment you're referring to...
https://www.facebook.com/TheRunawayGuys/posts/559146584121211
What a coincidence! Minds think alike.

Also, while searching around I found this:

Enjoy.
I didn't know Superman was an actual person. This is a big achievement for all of us humans!

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
The best LP'er on Youtube is hands down Attackingtucans aka Tyler Sederwall. That man is the definition of hilarity and fun. StephenPlays aka Earthbound Enthusiast is a close second though. I also enjoy Versus, where Attackingtucans and Josh Jepson race to beat a single player game before the other. I mainly watch it because of Tyler, though, because I dislike Josh

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, I don't know about AttackingTucans. If you ask me, he's essentially what everyone thinks Chuggaaconroy is and then some. Loud, obnoxious, with unfunny offensive jokes. Even as JoshJepson playing the straight man he still comes out as irritating.

Soul.

Basically Pocket renders Diddy's Banana useless unless the Villager player stops using Pocket every 30 seconds. Diddy doesn't care though.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hey strangers, I'm ill and haven't been able to sleep, I don't play Smash 4 but since I have nothing better to do, anyone up for some random games?

Customs allowed obv but I won't be using them cuz I ain't got none :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom