• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Hey strangers, I'm ill and haven't been able to sleep, I don't play Smash 4 but since I have nothing better to do, anyone up for some random games?

Customs allowed obv but I won't be using them cuz I ain't got none :/
3ds version, or Wii U Version?
I can play 3ds right now, but not Wii U.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Wii U, 3DS is a one way trip to premature arthritis

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I did one of gaming's most unnecessary amazing things today. I won a game of Go Fish in a video game.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Chuggaaconroy talk?

He has his faults but I do think he is probably the best let's player for 5 reasons:

1. Puts incredible effort into his videos
2. Makes sure each video is an experience.
3. Is very informative.
4. Really stresses the community aspects of video games.
5. Updates insanely frequently.

There are also matters of how he doesn't conform to typical let's player tropes like "armies" or "hitting that like button."

I also wouldn't have gotten Xenoblade without him. Or even experience the Okami series.

Though yes, there are problems.

He has the tendency to ruin his own jokes by phrasing them awkwardly or going overboard for one.

His naivety also leads to bad situations.

Take how he handled Steve. He keeps bringing it up and talking down to all the people that like him. Stating how he is old now and the joke was dead.

It's actually quite simple why people continued liking Steve. He wasn't just some joke, he had personality, backstory, and of course adorableness of a standard pikmin. Not to mention the entire Steve is a trooper moment. I.E, he became a character. And people don't just stop liking characters. But alas, Chuggaconroy never realized this and went on to be constantly annoyed at the idea of people liking small jokes. Excluding that one moment in their brawl LP, it's annoying whenever the subject is brought up. It ruins the entire happy feel I usually get when watching those videos.

Speaking collabs, yeah those can be frustrating as well. Granted, those can be comedy gold given the right stuff.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
My favorite "Let's Player"?

Well...

Have a pumpkin, Maria!

----

Emile's Xenoblade playthrough is the only one I've actually watched and followed from the moment he started it, oddly enough. Aside from the Sunshine and Emerald playthroughs (which I have yet to finished), I never cared much for him or any other big-shot LPers.

It's actually been an interesting experience for me seeing them first-hand with tons of other people. He updates at 2:00 on the dot my time, so I catch his videos pretty much the second they appear on his video page. (I refresh a lot around that time)

---

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
What would be better is Alpha stages-- you know, Battlefield-like stages. :troll:
I'd like Beta forms of every stage.
Where everything is wonky, weird looking, and buggy.
I like chaos. (To an extent)
This is actually 100% true. FD is the least balanced neutral by a country mile
Didn't we establish this, like, months ago though?

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
What would be better is Alpha stages-- you know, Battlefield-like stages. :troll:
Or a Corneria version of every stage. I'd actually buy a Wii U for that. Or Ridley playable in Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is actually 100% true. FD is the least balanced neutral by a country mile
I see. I dunno, but a Battlefield-like mode would give the stages much more variety. Too bad they went all out with 20XX. :smirk:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Nice Icon.

Also, I'm bored again.
I need something to draw.
TELL ME WHAT TO DRAW AGAIN :4pacman:

Also Also;
View attachment 40095
It's-a Mii. :4miibrawl:
Draw swimsuit Shulk riding Yoshi, while drinking Coca-Cola (in those classic bottles) with a curly straw & wearing a sombrero. Also, Yoshi's shoes are wood clogs with candy canes inside and his tongue is out, holding a pinwheel.

:troll:

I kid, I kid. Draw whatever comes into your mind.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Congrats! For this incredible feat, you win.......nothing! :troll:

That was Cheep Cheep.

#PunsFTW
You know, one of the Slammer in SPM is acting like a Cheap Cheep and guess what he says upon defeat?

it's CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!

I laugh at that pun :)

Or that in 7-3 of spm, there's a sign that says "The Overthere is over there" that's just....lol.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You know, one of the Slammer in SPM is acting like a Cheap Cheep and guess what he says upon defeat?

it's CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!

I laugh at that pun :)

Or that in 7-3 of spm, there's a sign that says "The Overthere is over there" that's just....lol.
I guess it's safe to assume that SPM is your favorite Paper Mario :)

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I guess it's safe to assume that SPM is your favorite Paper Mario :)
...no.

It's not safe and it's factually not.

My best is TTYD which is really the best game I've played.

HOWEVER, spm is awesome because it has a lot from TTYD, BUT IS FAR FROM BEING BETTER. There's some point which spm tops TTYD, but overall, TTYD is more closer to perfection than spm.

I'm honestly trying to get which one is my second favorite between spm and pm64. I seriously can;t tell you because both are so good, but spm is not my favorite.

I do have to mention this actually, spm is underated which is why I'm starting to root for it more (and also because I'm about to glitch hunt this game with a RAM editor and that I just beat it today....you get it).

Just saying as no one gets confused :)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
...no.

It's not safe and it's factually not.

My best is TTYD which is really the best game I've played.

HOWEVER, spm is awesome because it has a lot from TTYD, BUT IS FAR FROM BEING BETTER. There's some point which spm tops TTYD, but overall, TTYD is more closer to perfection than spm.

I'm honestly trying to get which one is my second favorite between spm and pm64. I seriously can;t tell you because both are so good, but spm is not my favorite.

I do have to mention this actually, spm is underated which is why I'm starting to root for it more (and also because I'm about to glitch hunt this game with a RAM editor and that I just beat it today....you get it).

Just saying as no one gets confused :)
Now I'm confused! :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom