• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So I just got my copy of Majora's Mask 3D today. I ordered the Limited Edition one with the Skull Kid figurine from a guy on eBay, and he decided to ship it only on Thursday.

The Majora's Mask on the Skull Kid looks weird.
The right horn thing on the top is tilted down, and the eyes are derpy.

image.jpg

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

You know how true this is. Smash Bros. must be some sort of special game in that clone characters shouldn't taint it.
Street Fighter alone has Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Evil Ryu, Oni, Dan, Sakura, technically Gouken, and more.

KoF as @ CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix said has the Kusanagis, Iori Yagami was a clone of Kyo in earlier games, Joe Higashi and Hwa Jai; Kim Kaphwan and his sons; and I think Ryo Sakazaki and Robert Garcia were clones of each other.

Tekken has the Mishima family of Heihachi, Kazuya, and Jin who later switched to Kyoukushin karate after learning that his grandfather was evil and his father was more or less evil. Devil Jin kept the Mishima style, though. There's also Marshall Law and his son, Forest, who are the obligatory Bruce Lees of Tekken.

I think Mortal Kombat has clones too, but I'm not sure who aside from the succeeding Sub-Zeroes and the other ninjas.

The main thing is if they play differently which Melee Falco, Luigi, Ganondorf, Roy, Dr. Mario and Pichu did. Semi-clones play differently by default. Dark Pit only has Electroshock Arm as a different move and a slightly modified Palutena's Bow with his Silver Bow. Everything else is so minor that he plays almost like Pit. Lucina plays differently than Marth because of her lack of tippers, but still requires inhuman precision like Marth and both get little rewards for their skill requirement.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Huh? How on Earth did that happen?
Im guessing its because of this modded games Battle Tent. They are stuck in an infine Blackout glitch, party screen is all messed up, Pokemon are not showing in the streams ui AND they keep saving sooo...

Its aaaal messed up

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Street Fighter alone has Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Evil Ryu, Oni, Dan, Sakura, technically Gouken, and more.

KoF as @ CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix said has the Kusanagis, Iori Yagami was a clone of Kyo in earlier games, Joe Higashi and Hwa Jai; Kim Kaphwan and his sons; and I think Ryo Sakazaki and Robert Garcia were clones of each other.

Tekken has the Mishima family of Heihachi, Kazuya, and Jin who later switched to Kyoukushin karate after learning that his grandfather was evil and his father was more or less evil. Devil Jin kept the Mishima style, though. There's also Marshall Law and his son, Forest, who are the obligatory Bruce Lees of Tekken.

I think Mortal Kombat has clones too, but I'm not sure who aside from the succeeding Sub-Zeroes and the other ninjas.

The main thing is if they play differently which Melee Falco, Luigi, Ganondorf, Roy, Dr. Mario and Pichu did. Semi-clones play differently by default. Dark Pit only has Electroshock Arm as a different move and a slightly modified Palutena's Bow with his Silver Bow. Everything else is so minor that he plays almost like Pit. Lucina plays differently than Marth because of her lack of tippers, but still requires inhuman precision like Marth and both get little rewards for their skill requirement.
I knew almost everything you said, thank you very much.

Though I think people look too deeply at Smash, when it's supposed to be just a fanservice-filled Nintendo crossover. I can't even get into the lingo-mumbo-jumbo competitive people spout. More power to them, though. I don't really give a ****. :shades:

(Arguments incoming in 3... 2... 1... ****ing sue me.)

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
TPP IS STUCK IN AN INFINITE FAINTING LOOP
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Though I think people look too deeply at Smash, when it's supposed to be just a fanservice-filled Nintendo crossover. I can't even get into the lingo-mumbo-jumbo competitive people spout. More power to them, though. I don't really give a ****. :shades:

(Arguments incoming in 3... 2... 1... ****ing sue me.)
Err... Can I ask why you are so proud about not giving a damn about competitive play? :p I never understood it.

:231:

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
The streamer reset the game, but the pokemon are still gone XD Edit. Nope, they gottem back. It was funny while it lasted XD

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
ok so people want to go BACK to the Battle Tent...
Err... Can I ask why you are so proud about not giving a damn about competitive play? :p I never understood it.

We could ask the same about the people that go on for glory, no matter how bad they hear it is.

"Can I ask why you are so proud about going on for glory?"

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Here lies Yoshi : he ran fast, and died straight scared by his own buffs.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Well, I take pride in whoever I am.

In fact, I never liked any sort of competition. It's the exact same reason I never cared about sports, for example.

Football (or soccer for those in the other side of the Atlantic) is a big thing here, yet I am among the few who doesn't give a **** about it. People always react surprisingly (especially considering I'm a guy), but I just shrug and remain indifferent. Do I have to be like the other people? No. I am myself.

Thing is, I figured out that competitiveness is not a good thing for me. Whenever I compare myself to others, I tend to get jealous and usually ends up with me going into depressive thoughts. That's why I don't like competitive play: it's not healthy for me.

And yes, I do enjoy posting controversial opinions because I know they may fire up people, because people are like sheep... Anyone they don't like in the herd, they get all uneasy! :evil:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

Off the top of my head, the only fighting games that try and avoid the clones is the Arc System fighters, though even then they have a few sparse cases. Sol Badguy and Order Sol in Guilty Gear share similar attacks, though special attacks function differently with the latter having a charge. Robo Ky and Ky Kiske were similar to each other, but underwent heavy divergent character evolution and Robo Ky now has his own gimmicks. Lamba-11 and Nu-13 in Blazblue are also similar to each other.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Hey guys, there's a cool new game announced by the guy who made 5 Nights At Freddy's.

5 Nights at Wonka's

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom