• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I beat the game and am thinking about starting again with a different starter. See how that goes.

I don't think I picked Treeko even back in the day

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Ohayo gozaimasu~
Its ****ing amazing isnt it 10/10
That reminds me I have to change my sig
I changed mine the other night. Felt like fiddling with GIMP to make a Miku sig to match my Miku avy, it's a thing I used to do on GameSpot forums whenever I would post there.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Lady Luck could get angry eventually. I mean, it happened with Mario Kart Wii back in like, 2012. Speaking of that game, lol people are still playing it.
I thought people only still played it because of awesome modded tracks.

Also, I didn't know that Peppy actually says "Do a barrel roll!" multiple times in Star Fox 64.

Soul.

Yeah, that's what I was saying lol. People play it for those modded tracks. I mean, sure, they can still play it, but...isn't it time to move onto Mario Kart 8?

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Yeah, that's what I was saying lol. People play it for those modded tracks. I mean, sure, they can still play it, but...isn't it time to move onto Mario Kart 8?
Lol they haven't even moved on to Mario Kart 7.

Soul.

"We don't like to play Mario Kart on a handheld so we decided to give it our all in a 2008 racing game for the Wii that is full of nostalgia and memories that won't be forgotten. Long live MKWii." -Your typical MKWii player.
MK7 is still being played. Just not by MKWii players. lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

After Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection's shutdown in May, some guy by the name of Wiimm made his own service falled Wiimmfi.. people still play Mario Kart Wii online thanks to that (including Custom Tracks). I don't play that game anymore.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
People haven't moved on from Final Fantasy *insert number and/or subtitle here*, Dark Souls 1, SSB 64, Melee, or Brawl; Sonic 2 or 3; The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time; and etc.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
"We don't like to play Mario Kart on a handheld so we decided to give it our all in a 2008 racing game for the Wii that is full of nostalgia and memories that won't be forgotten. Long live MKWii." -Your typical MKWii player.
MK7 is still being played. Just not by MKWii players. lol
I'll admit until 8 came along, Wii was definitely my favorite Mario Kart game. But it's so imbalanced, it's like the Brawl of Mario Kart. It's time to let it go and move on to something more up to date.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
People haven't moved on from Final Fantasy *insert number and/or subtitle here*, Dark Souls 1, SSB 64, Melee, or Brawl; Sonic 2 or 3; The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time; and etc.
I can't move on from Rare's golden days.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Hilariously I'm a fan of a lot of those you mentioned and yet I've moved on from all those.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

At least it's a game. There are people who don't believe in new cars, telephones, TV, and probably, radios. And no, they're not Amish or whatever else groups.

R0Y

Smash Master

Me neither, but I've latched onto other god-tier developers since. Naughty Dog, Retro Studios (somewhat), Bandai Namco, maybe even Bioware at this rate.

And if you miss colourful 3D platformers as a genre, there's a big one coming out next year on PS4; the Ratchet & Clank reboot, as well as a port of Tearaway from the Vita, which got phenomenal reviews on that system.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll admit until 8 came along, Wii was definitely my favorite Mario Kart game. But it's so imbalanced, it's like the Brawl of Mario Kart. It's time to let it go and move on to something more up to date.
Some people I know claim MK8 is terrible because of "item unbalancing". They even told me to not get a Wii U thanks to that, and look at me now, I have one already. :troll: I don't really know why people think MK8 is bad.

MKW is out of date I agree. Then again there's still a devoted community that keeps on playing the game even if the latest game in the series is out. It's hard to go back to a game like that (MKW).

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

Lmfao yeah, MKWii's item balance is so bad it's not even funny. That game's support ended in May. People play it just because of Wimmfi being a thing. If that wasn't a thing, MKWii would be already left in the dust.
Some people I know claim MK8 is terrible because of "item unbalancing". They even told me to not get a Wii U thanks to that, and look at me now, I have one already. :troll: I don't really know why people think MK8 is bad.

MKW is out of date I agree. Then again there's still a devoted community that keeps on playing the game even if the latest game in the series is out. It's hard to go back to a game like that (MKW).
Because people love playing old games for no reason at all, despite having played the latest game in the series. MK8 is not bad, it's the MKWii community that it's making it look bad.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Me neither, but I've latched onto other god-tier developers since. Naughty Dog, Retro Studios (somewhat), Bandai Namco, maybe even Bioware at this rate.

And if you miss colourful 3D platformers as a genre, there's a big one coming out next year on PS4; the Ratchet & Clank reboot, as well as a port of Tearaway from the Vita, which got phenomenal reviews on that system.
Well, there's stuff like Shovel Knight, Savant: Ascent, Risk of Rain, To the Moon, Secrets of Grindea, 3D Dot Game Heroes, etc. to get your "nostalgia" fix. Personally, they're just using bits as another form of a medium like how Contrast, Splinter Cell: Conviction, and Limbo used shadows, Okami and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword drawing from paintings, Sly Cooper and inFAMOUS drawing from comic books and graffiti in Second Son, or Metal Gear and Spec Ops: The Line basing their presentations on films. They're all forms of presentation.

R0Y

Smash Master
They're almost as bad as Rare. They completely dropped Jak for Uncharted, and worse, a generic zombie game.
I haven't touched any of their games since the PS2.

Why have I not heard of this? My wallet is ready.
Gonna have to agree to disagree on Naughty Dog. Jak II, 3, and Racing were terrible in my opinion. It's only been uphill since, though I'd like to seem them try a traditional 3D platformer like their PS1 or early PS2 era again. First Jak & Daxter was amazing too!

http://www.insomniacgames.com/games/ratchet-clank-ps4/

Spread the hype!

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Gonna have to agree to disagree on Naughty Dog. Jak II, 3, and Racing were terrible in my opinion. It's only been uphill since, though I'd like to seem them try a traditional 3D platformer like their PS1 or early PS2 era again. First Jak & Daxter was amazing too!
Well, Jak 3 is one of my favorite games. Probably my favorite of the series, maybe even my favorite PS2 game in general. Though I could understand how one might not enjoy the sequels compared to the first one, with the genre shift.

Which is ironically similar to me not enjoying the shift from Jak to Uncharted.

D

Deleted member

Meh, I'm not that much into realistic games. Sure Uncharted and TLOU get good reviews and are successes but they don't appeal to me. I prefer their old titles. (Coming from a guy who doesn't own that much PS consoles.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
They're almost as bad as Rare. They completely dropped Jak for Uncharted, and worse, a generic zombie game.
I haven't touched any of their games since the PS2.

Why have I not heard of this? My wallet is ready.
Have you seen the concept for a reboot of Jak & Daxter? Naughty Dog is like... Hmm, I swear there's an artist, author, etc. like this. Whatever, they're the types to abandon projects after projects. They never went back to Crash Bandicoot or Jak & Daxter. Uncharted is probably going to be abandoned when they're done and The Last of Us seems more like a spur of the moment or a way to pass the time for fans; TLoU seems like The Walking Dead as a video game.

Before they made Uncharted, they wanted to make a fantasy, swords and sorcery game and guess what? Yes, they will abandon that franchise as well if they had made it.

Sucker Punch, I think, is the smallest studio compared to Sony's other first-party developers including Insomniac Games who are like Sakurai and Sora Ltd. who just happen to work on first-party games. So, Sucker Punch made inFAMOUS, didn't have time to make another Sly Cooper since there was demand for inFAMOUS which made sense since there was only the Batman: Arkham games as good, well-known superhero games. Sanzaru Games, essentially, picked up where Sucker Punch left off.

Insomniac Games is the only one to stick with an old franchise while also making different games which I applaud them for even if they weren't that good or interesting. Seriously, they introduced Resistence, Fuse, Sunset Overdrive along with continuing and experimenting with Ratchet & Clank! A first-person, alternate history, almost apocalyptic FPS, what was supposed to be a tactical, third-person shooter, and a wacky, Dead Rising-like third-person shooter where you can grind on rails and it breaks the fourth wall constantly. That's amazing.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Have you seen the concept for a reboot of Jak & Daxter? Naughty Dog is like... Hmm, I swear there's an artist, author, etc. like this. Whatever, they're the types to abandon projects after projects. They never went back to Crash Bandicoot or Jak & Daxter. Uncharted is probably going to be abandoned when they're done and The Last of Us seems more like a spur of the moment or a way to pass the time for fans; TLoU seems like The Walking Dead as a video game.

Insomniac Games is the only one to stick with an old franchise while also making different games which I applaud them for even if they weren't that good or interesting. Seriously, they introduced Resistence, Fuse, Sunset Overdrive along with continuing and experimenting with Ratchet & Clank! A first-person, alternate history, almost apocalyptic FPS, what was supposed to be a tactical, third-person shooter, and a wacky, Dead Rising-like third-person shooter where you can grind on rails and it breaks the fourth wall constantly. That's amazing.
It's just funny, NaughtyDog and Insomniac were often put together as rivals, though they had a good relationship. But Insomniac actually continues their old series while making new ones, while NaughtyDog can apparently only do one thing at a time.

Insomniac are like, Nintendo level developers. Though I can't forgive them for making an XBone game.

Crash though, NaughtyDog can't be blamed for that, they never owned the character in the first place. But leaving Jak in limbo...

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I used to like Mario Kart Wii, but then I played 150cc and kept getting Blue-Shelled literally seconds before I cross the finish line, thus resulting in extreme anger.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, Jak 3 is one of my favorite games. Probably my favorite of the series, maybe even my favorite PS2 game in general. Though I could understand how one might not enjoy the sequels compared to the first one, with the genre shift.

The genre shift is what makes the series so interesting to me. I only enjoyed the first one myself; however, my sister hated the first but she was quite fond of two and three. Mostly Jak 2. But still.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I used to like Mario Kart Wii, but then I played 150cc and kept getting Blue-Shelled literally seconds before I cross the finish line, thus resulting in extreme anger.
Ahhh I remember doing Mirror Cup to get 2 stars on every cup.

Never again.

Soul.

Meh, I'm not that much into realistic games. Sure Uncharted and TLOU get good reviews and are successes but they don't appeal to me. I prefer their old titles. (Coming from a guy who doesn't own that much PS consoles.)
This so many times. This. PS may have a lot of success, but some people don't like it. I might be biased thanks to Nintendo stuff, so yeah.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The genre shift is what makes the series so interesting to me. I only enjoyed the first one myself; however, my sister hated the first but she was quite fond of two and three. Mostly Jak 2. But still.
It's really close between Jak 1 and 3 for me, I love the platforming in the first one, but Jak 3 is awesome in tons of other ways.

Jak II has those bloody turret missions.

Also, nice... mustache.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
This so many times. This. PS may have a lot of success, but some people don't like it. I might be biased thanks to Nintendo stuff, so yeah.
I am not too fond of Sony's exclusive first-party titles either, yet I was a Sony loyalist last generation. I love Microsoft's first-party titles, but I do not own an Xbox One and I never bought Xbox Live for my Xbox 360. I wish I did though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom