• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I am not too fond of Sony's exclusive first-party titles either, yet I was a Sony loyalist last generation. I love Microsoft's first-party titles, but I do not own an Xbox One and I never bought Xbox Live for my Xbox 360. I wish I did though.
I only bought my 360 just to play some titles I couldn't on my Wii. Some dude suggested me getting Sonic Generations and I did that. I also got the Banjo games and some demos, but it wasn't enough. I got MvC3 and Sonic Unleashed too.. I had to sell the thing in mid 2013. As sad as it is, I don't know if I'll get it back or not. Right from the start, I settled on getting the 360 and not PS3.. it was a slim, matte-finish 360 actually (360 S).

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I love how I refreshed the page and then Morbid's sig appeared

Anyway, I still play MKWii and I got used to the 5 Blue-Shells per race; but it's true that this game has a lot of luck factor; a lot of flawless Mirror Mode races to get the Best Ranked Cups were ruined by rains of that Blue Demons

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I'm the only one that like Mario kart Wii over Mario kart 8, don't get me wrong Mario Kart Wii racing mode was horrendous, but I mostly play wii for the battle mode so I didn't care. I hate Mario kart 8 characters and battle mode what was they thinking!? what happened to a the other modes that the other Mario Karts had, and the stages are lazy made they just took the stages from the race mode and loop them. The Characters are the worst thing of this game gold Pink Peach? Baby Rosalina? Just give me back Diddy Kong, Dry bones and My ****ing King Boo Back. I don't care for the Koopalings and Metal Mario neither.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It's just funny, NaughtyDog and Insomniac were often put together as rivals, though they had a good relationship. But Insomniac actually continues their old series while making new ones, while NaughtyDog can apparently only do one thing at a time.

Insomniac are like, Nintendo level developers. Though I can't forgive them for making an XBone game.

Crash though, NaughtyDog can't be blamed for that, they never owned the character in the first place. But leaving Jak in limbo...
Insomniac Games are my favorite developers. If I were to pursue game development, I would try my best to work there. The wacky weapons, the fun, not serious characters, and the art styles are just way too fun and amazing to pass off a chance to work there. I'd rather just be a Q&A guy there than be the lead director at Ubisoft, Activision, EA, Naughty Dog, etc. I'd rather have fun working than get paid a ton to do stuff that I just don't like, however, I do like historical games like Assassin's Creed, but it's mostly the world. Seriously, they make you feel like this was Italy way back then.

Hmm, I can totally see Insomniac Games working on some Nintendo game. Maybe a Wario, a Waluigi - yes, Waluigi -, or a Star Fox game - I can totally see this -, or even a new IP for them. They're just so fun and they actually explore compared to Naughty Dog who while making games have good presentations, are usually stuck in something... I just realized that Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter, Uncharted, and even The Last of Us all have platforming and all, but The Last of Us focuses on platforming. Wow...

I do like Naughty Dog's games, but I do not like how they kill off franchises like that. If it's a franchise that can return in some way or continue in some way, why not just give it to someone who's capable of continuing it like how Sucker Punch passed down Sly Cooper to Sanzaru or how Retro Studios ended up developing Donkey Kong: Country? I don't count Metroid since Retro Studios added another form of Metroid through first-person shooters.

Speaking on developers, I like how Ubisoft is getting flak for games having bad performance, withheld content, reduced content, and "minor" glitches and bugs. Meanwhile, Bethesda gets away with multiple game-breaking bugs and glitches and other major glitches and bugs in their games. Did I mention how pretty much every game by them and not published by them has fans being their Q&A? They're getting away with free patches, fixes, and improvements to their broken-*** games. Oh, yeah, Fallout 3 and onwards and The Elder Scrolls are great ideas, but compared to freaking Grand Theft Auto, Saints Row, Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry, Just Cause, Metal Gear Solid V, Dragon's Dogma, and even the recent Assassin's Creeds, Bethesda's games are just poor quality. There are games much bigger than Skyrim and have more complex stuff, but you don't see stupid **** in those games. Do you see a random glitch that basically renders MGSV unplayable? No, but TES and Fallout games by Bethesda has several of them. Minor ones destroy achievements which can **** off completionists while major ones force you to restart the game. Oh, and did I mention how only one PS3 game by them, Fallout 3, was the most stable game because it had "extra" time. Yeah, the later release of the PS3 actually made Fallout 3 better, but future games where you'd expect them to improve on quality control just never happens. Each of those games ended up with the same save bug that made the games run horribly. WTF.

Now, I have to mod and install unofficial patches by fans who are basically slaves to Bethesda to make sure Skyrim doesn't just die on me. For Pete's sake, what the hell? I don't even know why people put up with Bethesda's crap. Oh, but when Ubisoft, EA, or some other company screws up, they get **** thrown at them while Bethesda's nonexistent quality control gets a free pass all the time. I swear TESVI and Fallout 4/5 will have dumb bugs that fans will fix like the indoctrinated slaves they are. My lord this is stupid as hell.

Last edited:

Soul.

I'm the only one that like Mario kart Wii over Mario kart 8, don't get me wrong Mario Kart Wii racing mode was horrendous, but I mostly play wii for the battle mode so I didn't care. I hate Mario kart 8 characters and battle mode what was they thinking!? what happened to a the other modes that the other Mario Karts had, and the stages are lazy made they just took the stages from the race mode and loop them. The Characters are the worst thing of this game gold Pink Peach? Baby Rosalina? Just give me back Diddy Kong, Dry bones and My ****ing King Boo Back. I don't care for the Koopalings and Metal Mario neither.
Lol. I still remember those days when everyone used Metal Mario in MK7. It was called Metal Monster 7.
B-Dasher + Red Monster was the kart combination. Gliders didn't really matter because they only gave you a small boost in acceleration.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I'll be honest, the lack of Bowser Jr. and King Boo are the main reasons why I didn't bought MK8

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Why do you want Diddy Kong in Mario Kart 8, do you want him to dominate another meta-game? Dry Bones is as much of a waste as Dry Bowser. The adjective "dry" is not enough to warrant a slot in the same way that "pink gold" or "baby" are.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Why do you want Diddy Kong in Mario Kart 8, do you want him to dominate another meta-game? Dry Bones is as much of a waste as Dry Bowser. The adjective "dry" is not enough to warrant a slot in the same way that "pink gold" or "baby" are.
Now I imagined Brawl's Meta Knight in MK destroying everybody and outspeeding and dodging Blue Shells lol
But Dry Bowser is cool; I main him on MKWii because his demonic voice

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Don't forget Funky Kong.
man **** funky kong. MK8 is fine without that spazz. Toadette is in it so I'm happy and the rest of the characters are fine also
I'll be honest, the lack of Bowser Jr. and King Boo are the main reasons why I didn't bought MK8
Pretty bland reason if you ask me. you didnt even play it, how did you know you didnt like it?
Its that lame ass excuse that piss me off about some people
I'm not one to cling to the past like a baby monkey to its mother

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
People haven't moved on from Final Fantasy *insert number and/or subtitle here*, Dark Souls 1, SSB 64, Melee, or Brawl; Sonic 2 or 3; The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time; and etc.
We need to move on to the Star Wars prequels, I don't get why people keep clinging to the outdated movies

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
OH ****. Okay so I bought both Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 on Android remastered by Christian Whitehead. He's finally almost ready to put out Sonic 3, I'm SO FREAKING HYPE RIGHT NOW.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Yes i want him to dominate because Diddy is the best and I got to get them 1st place spots quickly.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
What were so bad about them again?
Jar Jar Binks is the scapegoat and a large reason anyways. Another reason would be Anakin. He's a winy baby the entire time and when the third film comes around it's supposed to be emotional but it's not. We can't relate to Anakin nor do we care about him, he was never a good well written character.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
man **** funky kong. MK8 is fine without that spazz. Toadette is in it so I'm happy and the rest of the characters are fine also

Pretty bland reason if you ask me. you didnt even play it, how did you know you didnt like it?
Its that lame *** excuse that piss me off about some people
Jr. and King Boo were mah bois since Double Dash so I got mad because of their removal, and I played MK8 with friends some times; the annoying coins, the online experience and some of the modified Retro Tracks made me dislike the game (Making N64 Rainbow Road a track with only one lap and 3 sections? Why Nintendo, why?)

Soul.

OH ****. Okay so I bought both Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 on Android remastered by Christian Whitehead. He's finally almost ready to put out Sonic 3, I'm SO FREAKING HYPE RIGHT NOW.
They're remastering Sonic 3? Oh my, since when? Does it have Knuckles? wait lmao I just saw. It has Knuckles.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Warning Received
Dry Bowser is pretty cool, and Dry Bones is every bit as deserving as Koopa Troopa himself is of a slot in the game, you can't just deny such an iconic enemy from the early 2D Mario era.

Also all of the female babies have no place being in the game and were purely created for the games. They've never made an appearance outside of Mario Kart, and when there's plenty of ACTUAL characters to pull from, that's kinda sad.

Also Pink Gold Peach is lulzy and I don't know why they threw a slot at her.

Or Cat Peach or Tanooki Mario either.

They're remastering Sonic 3? Oh my, since when? Does it have Knuckles? wait lmao I just saw. It has Knuckles.
It was announced sometime after he put out Sonic 2's Android/iOS remaster at the end of 2013, that there would be one for Sonic 3. But there wasn't any news on it at all this year. Glad he's finally getting it out. Sonic CD's HD port/remaster was his work as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

It was announced sometime after he put out Sonic 2's Android/iOS remaster at the end of 2013, that there would be one for Sonic 3. But there wasn't any news on it at all this year. Glad he's finally getting it out. Sonic CD's HD port/remaster was his work as well.
Really? I just looked up and only a proof of concept video appeared, so it's not really confirmed I think.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Jr. and King Boo were mah bois since Double Dash so I got mad because of their removal, and I played MK8 with friends some times; the annoying coins, the online experience and some of the modified Retro Tracks made me dislike the game (Making N64 Rainbow Road a track with only one lap and 3 sections? Why Nintendo, why?)
Exactly what about the coins are bad? besides the bs " they are items"

Dry Bowser is pretty cool, and Dry Bones is every bit as deserving as Koopa Troopa himself is of a slot in the game, you can't just deny such an iconic enemy from the early 2D Mario era.
Oh this again? I guess Ill have to stop listening there because I haaaate that argument and yeah, I can deny him because nintendo did it to "START NEW"
Past is past, present is present. Im sorry if I am rude. Its late and Im grumpy but thats how I feel

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Oh this again? I guess Ill have to stop listening there because I haaaate that argument and yeah, I can deny him because nintendo did it to "START NEW"
Past is past, present is present. Im sorry if I am rude but thats how I feel
Go to bed Alpaca

You said you would on skype

Kingslime301

Smash Journeyman
Off Topic but I wonder what Snails was thinking when he was staring at Photo Finish like this:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Really? I just looked up and only a proof of concept video appeared, so it's not really confirmed I think.
I think it's pretty safe to say it's being worked on if we have a video already. Especially because Taxman was given the go ahead on the previous titles without almost no fuss.

I'll admit I jumped the gun but it's not really something I think should be doubted too much.

Past is past, present is present. Im sorry if I am rude. Its late and Im grumpy but thats how I feel
Yeah. I have an opinion that's different to yours, and a solid argument to back it up.

Get over it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Go to bed Alpaca

You said you would on skype
**** Its the fuzz!
In all honesty, now Im going
Yeah. I have an opinion that's different to yours, and a solid argument to back it up.

Get over it.
How nice.. I was just trying to be nice I even said sorry for being rude. doesn't help its late and thats a mistake on my part, sorry but ouch nvm

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Their influence on the race, well, they give a boost on speed that's cool but that coins were hell for me in Super Circuit because I had to get a lot of them to have a good rank in the cup, also the nature of MK of a lot of items hitting you in a race makes collecting coins more frustrating because they're easy to lose (they respawn faster in MK8 so that's a plus I admit it)

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Nothing, the prequels were far superior to the original trilogy once one remove's their nostalgia goggles. Excessive CGI along with Xcano's aforementioned points were really the only things inherently wrong with the prequels.
Someone mentioned me. Does that mean I'm *famous*?

Kingslime301

Smash Journeyman
Twilight Sparkle as :4robinm:/:4robinf:or :4lucina:
Applebloom as :4villager:/:4villagerf:
Snips and Snails as :4duckhunt:
Diamond Tiara as :4bowserjr:
Applejack as:4shulk:
Rarity as :rosalina:
Lighting Dust as :4darkpit:
Maud Pie as either :4miibrawl: or :4megaman:
Royal Guard as :4miisword:
Cheese Sandwich as :4miigun:
Pinkie Pie as :4greninja:
Celestia as :4palutena:
Spa Sisters as :4wiifit:'s
Truffle Shuffle (The fat gray colt) as :4pacman:

P.s: Tell me if I need to change the icon faces, because I use it kinda a lot.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Wrong, I named him "Rocket."

And has a serious nature. I think I scored good. Making it my second best friend
Dang, I was sure it was Drax :awesome:
Im guessing you got AS for Christmas; who is your starter?

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
(Off-Topic?)

In an all out fight between the Smash Bros crew, who do you think would win? Provided they weren't bound by game mechanics, meaning that a sword to the face will cut you.

NOTE: No Final Smashes, the only items they get are the items on their person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom