• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
It was satirical? I thought that was going to be a thing. Eh, never mind I guess. Maybe it will be a thing. Who knows Morbid.
I know, because I am the one who knocks.

. According to the competitive Smash community, the Ice Climbers have always ranked high among the most powerful characters on the roster. Granted, they aren’t for beginners. But when a masterful player comes along who can coordinate both climbers, not even the overpowered Meta Knight can defeat them. The Ice Climbers don’t need raw blades, bulging muscles or a magical mind. They need only each other. Through like-mindedness and trust, Nana and Popo can pull off a guaranteed win.
For example, think about their recovery move: Belay. As they fall, Popo slings Nana upward. Then, Nana will pull on the elastic rope that joins the two together, launching Popo towards safety. Only then will Nana pull herself up. It’s a show of pure trust; the slightest error by one Ice Climber can sentence his or her partner to death.

The relationship between the Ice Climbers is unknown. They could be lovers, siblings or just best friends. But it’s better if we don’t know; the Ice Climbers can represent any relationship of unconditional love. In Smash, when Nana is lost, Popo is left helpless. He will undoubtedly lose without his partner at his side.
This time of year, when the days are short and the nights are long, we spend a few moments reflecting on the months behind us to prepare for the year ahead. The Ice Climbers are from a bygone age, yet they remind us of one of gaming’s core tenets: togetherness. Despite being simple, the multiplayer of Ice Climber on NES was sure to bring friends together, working in tandem just as Popo and Nana do.
As we look toward 2015, we should remember the lessons that Nana and Popo taught us: trust, sharing and love. And we should remember what Popo did when he found out the two couldn’t fight together in the new Super Smash Bros. games. He didn’t enter the fray alone; instead, he remained at Nana’s side, their friendship the most important thing to him.

It's Very true at this time of year especially I Miss the Ice climbers and their icy stage.
Article:http://nintendonews.com/2014/12/ice-climbers-holidays/
Sakurai finally gave in to great players crying about wobbling and chain-grabbing.

Soul.

Well, my Mario Kart 8 career starts tomorrow morning. Any tips for rookies?
You're getting MK8? In that case....use Fire Hopping. Green Shells. Every item.
Make sure Mr. Luck is in your side because a Blue Shell might let you lose the race. Also, beware the Clan members with stylized names.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Make sure Mr. Luck is in your side because a Blue Shell might let you lose the race. Also, beware the Clan members with stylized names.
Mr. Luck? Lady Luck's much nicer in my opinion. :p

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I already have the game, I just can't start yet because people are sleeping.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Morbid's sig?
*Checks it*
ooohh *does Christan Bale's face*

Anyway, Im removing my X-Mas avi soon, I don't have holiday humor anymore, the dog I was keeping dissapeared (maybe got stolen or just fled in fear thanks to the ****** neighbors with their rockets and fireworks)

Soul.

Oh. Never mind then. You could practice in Time Trials with the Wii U GamePad, I suppose. Or the beauty that is the Wii U Pro Controller.
They mean the same thing. Mr. Luck is just harsh. Especially with a luck-based game in Mario Kart.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
See, this is why you should have asked Santa Claus for X amount of ear muffs. That way, you could just slip them over them and play on full blast. :p

They mean the same thing. Mr. Luck is just harsh. Especially with a luck-based game in Mario Kart.
No they're not. Mr. Luck is a grumpy bear of an uncle to Lady Luck. Lady Luck's a much nicer person overall. As for Miss Fortune... Well, she's all right too. :p

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah indeed. Great story all around.

Also I dunno why I asked the other question considering you said you and your girlfriend share pictures of male bums. You have already essentially said you are at least somewhat bisexual.
yeah but I will always long her, But how can we ignore those... niiiice pictures
Im sure Mr. Luck is the onr that hits me with a red shell, another red shell, them bumps me off the track

D

Deleted member

. According to the competitive Smash community, the Ice Climbers have always ranked high among the most powerful characters on the roster. Granted, they aren’t for beginners. But when a masterful player comes along who can coordinate both climbers, not even the overpowered Meta Knight can defeat them. The Ice Climbers don’t need raw blades, bulging muscles or a magical mind. They need only each other. Through like-mindedness and trust, Nana and Popo can pull off a guaranteed win.
For example, think about their recovery move: Belay. As they fall, Popo slings Nana upward. Then, Nana will pull on the elastic rope that joins the two together, launching Popo towards safety. Only then will Nana pull herself up. It’s a show of pure trust; the slightest error by one Ice Climber can sentence his or her partner to death.

The relationship between the Ice Climbers is unknown. They could be lovers, siblings or just best friends. But it’s better if we don’t know; the Ice Climbers can represent any relationship of unconditional love. In Smash, when Nana is lost, Popo is left helpless. He will undoubtedly lose without his partner at his side.
This time of year, when the days are short and the nights are long, we spend a few moments reflecting on the months behind us to prepare for the year ahead. The Ice Climbers are from a bygone age, yet they remind us of one of gaming’s core tenets: togetherness. Despite being simple, the multiplayer of Ice Climber on NES was sure to bring friends together, working in tandem just as Popo and Nana do.
As we look toward 2015, we should remember the lessons that Nana and Popo taught us: trust, sharing and love. And we should remember what Popo did when he found out the two couldn’t fight together in the new Super Smash Bros. games. He didn’t enter the fray alone; instead, he remained at Nana’s side, their friendship the most important thing to him.

It's Very true at this time of year especially I Miss the Ice climbers and their icy stage.
Article:http://nintendonews.com/2014/12/ice-climbers-holidays/
Happy Holidays folks whoever you are with be it Friends, Siblings, Children or just family in general cherish them to the end :3
The Ice Climbers might have missed on the latest Smash Bros. games, but they will live on PM, Brawl, and Melee.

I'm sure it was said they were siblings somewhere
I think Nintendo stated their relationship was up to the player, so it could be siblings, or even lovers... ?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
See, this is why you should have asked Santa Claus for X amount of ear muffs. That way, you could just slip them over them and play on full blast. :p
I have a beats by Dre headset, which is how I used to play Hyrule Warriors, Smash, and Rise of Lyric at 11:00 at night without waking up my parents, but I freak out a lot while playing Mario Kart, like Chuggaaconroy does sometimes

Soul.

No they're not. Mr. Luck is a grumpy bear of an uncle to Lady Luck. Lady Luck's a much nicer person overall. As for Miss Fortune... Well, she's all right too. :p
Lady Luck could get angry eventually. I mean, it happened with Mario Kart Wii back in like, 2012. Speaking of that game, lol people are still playing it.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Im sure Mr. Luck is the onr that hits me with a red shell, another red shell, them bumps me off the track
Sounds more like Mr. Luck's evil grandad, Unlucky Jeb. :p

I think Nintendo stated their relationship was up to the player, so it could be siblings, or even lovers... ?
Please... Please, don't feed fanfic writers any ideas... No more...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Wait, what? I'm so confused right now :confused:
The problem with having a sarcastic tone is that no one can tell when you're actually being sarcastic. Except Morbid, apparently.

Whaaaaaat?
Really don't be like that
Please..geez
even if this was a joke it wasn't funny
At least four people disagree with you.

Well, my Mario Kart 8 career starts tomorrow morning. Any tips for rookies?
Play as Rosalina, Pink Gold Peach or Link. No one plays as them so you'll definitely be distinguished as the most unique player.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Play as Rosalina, Pink Gold Peach or Link. No one plays as them so you'll definitely be distinguished as the most unique player.
Don't forget Terminator :4mario:. No one ever uses him...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I have a beats by Dre headset, which is how I used to play Hyrule Warriors, Smash, and Rise of Lyric at 11:00 at night without waking up my parents, but I freak out a lot while playing Mario Kart, like Chuggaaconroy does sometimes
Close the door, shove ear muffs or earplugs on other people, and play by the window so when you freak out, scream out the window. :p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
And four people agree with me but Likes aren't anything really brag about XD It isnt like its a handshake from the president. Just trying to be nice to ya, not trying to be rude

But anyway, So my friends told me about this move called Rubber about a Killer tire. I have got to watch this movie ASAP To bad its on netflix and i dont have netflix x.x

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
The problem with having a sarcastic tone is that no one can tell when you're actually being sarcastic. Except Morbid, apparently.

Out of those three, I'd only choose Rosalina.

I play as Daisy most of the time anyway.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Can't wait to buy Mario Kart 8 and get the DLCs to never use Tanooki Mario

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Except that not everyone can tell if you are being sarcastic or not on the internet

Ah well it doesn't matter.... at least 4 people disagree with you

lmao

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Tire randomly stands up and learns to roll on its own. Also has ability to spontaneously combust things.

It blows people up. A tire.
Does this film involve Stephen King at all? Kind reminds me of Christine which involves an autonomous Buick.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Not that I know of.

Also, there's a cop chase. A tire, man.
:facepalm: ... LET ME GUESS! THERE'S A FREAKING TRANSFORMATION SCENE TOO WHERE THE TIRE BECOMES A HORRIFIC PARODY OF BIBENDUM, THE MICHELIN MAN!!! AM I RIGHT?! :glare: *returns to watch Samurai Champloo*

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
:facepalm: ... LET ME GUESS! THERE'S A FREAKING TRANSFORMATION SCENE
Woah, how did you know?
WHERE THE TIRE BECOMES A HORRIFIC PARODY OF BIBENDUM, THE MICHELIN MAN!!! AM I RIGHT?! :glare: *returns to watch Samurai Champloo*
Wait, no, no.
[collapse=Does anyone even care about Rubber spoilers?]
The cop kills the tire. With a shot gun.

The tire reincarnates as a tricycle and continues killing. With more tires.
[/collapse]

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well, you made me watch the Rubber Trailers on YT; it's super weird (but hilarious), what's next? a Tornado of Sharks?.....oh wait

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Woah, how did you know?

Wait, no, no.
[collapse=Does anyone even care about Rubber spoilers?]
The cop kills the tire. With a shot gun.

The tire reincarnates as a tricycle and continues killing. With more tires.
[/collapse]
What the hell? ... :facepalm: HOW DOES THIS GET FUNDING?! It's like that stupid walrus, horror, "comedy" film, Tusk!!! AND IT'S GETTING A "TRILOGY"! :glare:

D

Deleted member

I wonder if Sega is going to release a Sega Vision successor. I don't think it came out in the States ever since its original EU release in 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom