• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Random survey time!

Pick ten video game characters that you believe are iconic (not necessarily your ten most iconic). I need this for...something.
The usuals

Mario
Sonic
Red Ryu
Simon Belmont
Pac-Man
Bomberman
Mega Man
Aquaman
Link
Pikachu
Bill Rizer

Some Bonus ones.
Terry Bogard
Mai Shiranui
Chun Li
Hagar
Marco Rossi
Karnov... kinda
Alucard
Bubsy

I tried to be retro :p

Last edited:

Soul.

>law and order
rofl
now it's
chicago victims unit
&knuckles

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
@Opossum I'm just pulling names that come straight to mind...
Pikachu
Lara Croft
Master Chief
Pacman
Mario
Zelda... I mean Link
Captain Price
Samus
Frogger
and Whiterun guard

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Random survey time!

Pick ten video game characters that you believe are iconic (not necessarily your ten most iconic). I need this for...something.
  • Mario
  • Pikachu
  • Pac-Man
  • Sonic
  • Mega Man
  • Donkey Kong
  • Master Chief
  • Dragon Quest Slime
  • Bomberman
  • Link

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Random survey time!

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Pac-Man
Lara Croft
Simon Belmont
Mega Man
Sonic the Hedgehog
Crash Bandicoot

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Random survey time!

Mario
Sonic
PAC-MAN
Pikachu
Kirby
Keeby
Red Kirby
Blue Kirby
Pichu
Raichu

There is nothing wrong
The Ride never ends

Also
Speaking of Never-Ending Rides
It's either a War in the Pokemon Center or a War everywhere else.
The ride never ends, Mr. Dome.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I'm just trying to imagine how people would react if Barbie actually was announced as official character DLC

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ KEN OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Probably people will think that Nintendo sold out to Mattel

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Random survey time!

In no order:
1. Mario - gee, I wonder why?
2. Sonic the Hedgehog - may he rest in peace in a Chili Dog Wonderland. :p
3. Donkey Kong - It's on like DON- *gets a copyright strike*
4. Link/Zelda - there's a reason there's jokes about this.
5. Pac-Man - might be going down because he's not that relevant anymore, but older folks will remember him.
6. Mega Man - same as Pac-Man.
7. Cloud Strife/Sephiroth - considered as a pair because they're usually associated with each other.
8. Master Chief - seriously, IE10 got replaced with Spartan. Gee, I wonder why?
9. Lara Croft - one of the more iconic female protagonists.
10. Samus Aran/Metroid - once again, jokes, but she is the female protagonist who caused an uproar unlike Alis Landale from Phantasy Star.

Others include what people might say: Pikachu, the Gen 1 starters, Kratos from God of War, Ryu, Ken, or Chun Li from Street Fighter, maybe Guile and Cammy from Street Fighter as well, Nathan Drake is iffy, Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden both the classics and the current hack 'n' slash games, any of the protagonists from Final Fantasy X and before, Sora and Riku from Kingdom Hearts, Solid Snake from Metal Gear, and Fox and Captain Falcon solely because of SSB and not Star Fox and F-Zero.

Edit: Forgot about this. Bizzaro Flame playing Ganondorf in SSB4. Barely a minute in and he causes an uproar. Hell yeah.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ KEN OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Probably people will think that Nintendo sold out to Mattel
I argee, he's the most manliest character in Toy Story.

Ken > Potato Head > Wheezy > Woody > Combat Carl > Reptillus Maximus >>>>>>>> Buzz Lightweight (kudos if you get the reference) :troll:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
&knuckles

Oh no. You better buckle up, Knuckles. 'Cause its time for the knuckles no chuckles.

You thought you could chuckle, but you're knuckles, chuckles, and knuckles don't chuckle, so you're not knuckles, chuckles. You're chuckles the chuckle knuckles, and only one knuckles can knuckles on chuckles island, chuckles. Knuckles gonna chuckle you until you knuckles, chuckles. It's over, chuckles the chuckle knuckles. It's no use.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I just watched Kill la Kill and have this to say: What the actual fridge?

I like it but, the writing is trying so hard to be Badass and edgy while the art style is trying to be comically exaggerated and in your face it just conflicts in a weird way.

And Mako... DEAR GOD, EVERY TIME SHE DOES ANYTHING I LOSE TRACK OF WHATS GOING ON.
I see KLK as a satire of over-the-top shonen fighting anime and fanservice-heavy series. Everything is hyperbolized, which can be a bit jarring, especially at first. But it's supposed to be that way.

Mako's asides were great. I'm glad that they never got old.

It never was a mini series. It was great until they killed off my favourite character, then gave another character a stupid death, and this next episode is all filler from what I heard.

There's better shows on tv.. like Grimm, Better Call Saul and Gotham.
BCS is great, though I dropped Gotham after three episodes since I found it bland (it was the Balloon Man one).

And I haven't seen Grimm, though I'm not particularly compelled to do so.

It was 6 episodes cause instead of ordering a pilot episode AMC ordered a pilot season.
I read somewhere that they have plans for up to 10-11 seasons total. And this, in addition to the spin-off series purported to take place in California (as opposed to TWD's Georgia).

This is pretty cray to me. TWD has ever settled in a formula of Find Safe Haven/Try To Establish Community/Everything Goes To Hell/Wander On The Road/Repeat Cycle (Atlanta, Hershel's Farm, the Prison/Woodbury, Terminus, etc.), which is a model that can only stale in time, unless they inject some radical new ideas into the status quo of the show's universe.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Oh no. You better buckle up, Knuckles. 'Cause its time for the knuckles no chuckles.

You thought you could chuckle, but you're knuckles, chuckles, and knuckles don't chuckle, so you're not knuckles, chuckles. You're chuckles the chuckle knuckles, and only one knuckles can knuckles on chuckles island, chuckles. Knuckles gonna chuckle you until you knuckles, chuckles. It's over, chuckles the chuckle knuckles. It's no use.
I... I... um.. I... think Im... lost
366866.jpg

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I see KLK as a satire of over-the-top shonen fighting anime and fanservice-heavy series. Everything is hyperbolized, which can be a bit jarring, especially at first. But it's supposed to be that way.

BCS is great, though I dropped Gotham after three episodes since I found it bland (it was the Balloon Man one).

I read somewhere that they have plans for up to 10-11 seasons total. And this, in addition to the spin-off series purported to take place in California (as opposed to TWD's Georgia).

This is pretty cray to me. TWD has ever settled in a formula of Find Safe Haven/Try To Establish Community/Everything Goes To Hell/Wander On The Road/Repeat Cycle (Atlanta, Hershel's Farm, the Prison/Woodbury, Terminus, etc.), which is a model that can only stale in time, unless they inject some radical new ideas into the status quo of the show's universe.
If they stick with how they're going the next safe zone they reach by the season finale they'll be in for probably the rest of the series.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
If they stick with how they're going the next safe zone they reach by the season finale they'll be in for probably the rest of the series.
That so?

I kind of dropped off partway through Season 4B (the Road to Terminus arc). Word is that 5A had a jump in quality not seen in the series for quite some time (I'd say 3A was the last time the show peaked), so I've been meaning to catch up (by now I have 13-14 episodes to catch up on, though, so it's going to be a commitment).

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That so?

I kind of dropped off partway through Season 4B (the Road to Terminus arc). Word is that 5A had a jump in quality not seen in the series for quite some time (I'd say 3A was the last time the show peaked), so I've been meaning to catch up (by now I have 13-14 episodes to catch up on, though, so it's going to be a commitment).
Yeah the first half of 5 is great for the most part.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario

Don't get me wrong, I like it, I really do... but I want to like Mako as a character and if she as a generic schoolgirl the most random character in a cast of little-girl gang leaders, backwards gendered MILF teachers, and whatever-the-hell talking blood fueled unused Sailor Moon Villain costumes... It just becomes hard to get attached to her. Hopefully she gets development later, because even though I like her cutaway gags, she doesn't appeal to me as a character.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Don't get me wrong, I like it, I really do... but I want to like Mako as a character and if she as a generic schoolgirl the most random character in a cast of little-girl gang leaders, backwards gendered MILF teachers, and whatever-the-hell talking blood fueled unused Sailor Moon Villain costumes... It just becomes hard to get attached to her. Hopefully she gets development later, because even though I like her cutaway gags, she doesn't appeal to me as a character.
Well, how far along are you?

The first big Mako spotlight was the episode in which she becomes the head of a school club at the academy, which causes drama between her and Ryuko. Might be episode 7-8, as I recall.

I find that the central cast gets nicely shaded in over the course of the series. The show isn't meant to be deep, or a nuanced character study, but they gradually break out of their trope-shells to gain some character beyond the tropes and archetypes they embody.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Well, how far along are you?

The first big Mako spotlight was the episode in which she becomes the head of a school club at the academy, which causes drama between her and Ryuko. Might be episode 7-8, as I recall.

I find that the central cast gets nicely shaded in over the course of the series. The show isn't meant to be deep, or a nuanced character study, but they gradually break out of their trope-shells to gain some character beyond the tropes and archetypes they embody.
I don't really expect a full character based story from this type of show, but... 3 episodes in from Toonami, and Mako's personality traits are just kind of annoying, funny as she may be.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I don't really expect a full character based story from this type of show, but... 3 episodes in from Toonami, and Mako's personality traits are just kind of annoying, funny as she may be.
Yeah, it takes a few episodes for the show to get rolling. The first 3-4 episodes serve to frame the essence of the show (worldbuilding, cast, etc.). Once the legwork is done, the show starts shifting gears.

Episode 5, I'd say, is where things start to transition, with the introduction of a recurring secondary character and the start of the story's actual serialization.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
It's a start. I wonder if the anniversary will prompt thm to release Fire Emblems 1-6 in the west.
Yeah, I really hope something comes out of this. Seeing the FE games that haven't been localized get releases in the West would be amazing. We'll have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom