• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I can forgive Smash 4 for a lot of things. The lack of Lucas hurts but I'm okay. One thing I can never forgive Smash 4 for though is the exclusion of this song

This was hands down the best Melee remix ever and they cut it out *cries*. This should be the official theme for competitive Melee though.

I wonder how many people knew of this songs existence...
I can overlook the exclusion of that song. We have the best Final Destination theme from Brawl.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I can overlook the exclusion of that song. We have the best Final Destination theme from Brawl.

Honestly I like Smash 4's FD song (and stage) better. Melee's FD got annoying to listen to and this theme just didn't fit IMO.

I know we got Melee's Multi man Melee 2 back since it wasn't in Brawl but dammit I want both!

D

Deleted member

Honestly I like Smash 4's FD song (and stage) better. Melee's FD got annoying to listen to and this theme just didn't fit IMO.

I know we got Melee's Multi man Melee 2 back since it wasn't in Brawl but dammit I want both!
That theme fits perfectly though, they even synced the background transitions to the song!

In all seriousness though, I have a huge nostalgic bias for the Brawl Final Destination theme. I personally don't think the Smash 4 FD theme is as good, but that's probably because of bias.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
That theme fits perfectly though, they even synced the background transitions to the song!

In all seriousness though, I have a huge nostalgic bias for the Brawl Final Destination theme. I personally don't think the Smash 4 FD theme is as good, but that's probably because of bias.
Brawl bias exists? I thought Melee was the only bias people can have

If modding smash 4 ever becomes a thing, first thing I'm doing is putting it back in along with replacing 5 of the 6 Jungle Hijinx themes with other DKC music

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
We quote now?

"HI, IM CRAZY"

-Daisy, every Mario sports game (19XX-Forever)
Funny because the first time she said that was in Double Dash
Which was released in 2003
And it's also the first time Toadette ever appeared in a Mario Game
The more you know :luigimelee:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Which was released in 2007
Mario Kart DD!! is from 2003 :yeahboi:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Which was released in 2007
Double Dash was released in 2007.

But it was 2003, buddy.

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
It's not even the best Paper Mario (except for the story, it was amazingly dark)
Is the story good? Thats the only paper mario I haven't played and a good story will always pull me in.

TTYD is my favorite :x well, same with most people.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Sticker Star is best Paper Mario

[sparta= ]

[/spongebob]

D

Deleted member

Brawl bias exists? I thought Melee was the only bias people can have
Well Brawl was the first Smash game I owned, and I personally never had a problem with its gameplay. That being said, I find Smash 4 to be an improvement in almost every way.

And if modding Smash 4 becomes a thing, this is going back on Final Destination.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Is the story good? Thats the only paper mario I haven't played and a good story will always pull me in.

TTYD is my favorite :x well, same with most people.
If you love dark, tragic stories with a few hints of Paper Mario wackyness; YOU NEED TO TRY IT!

However, it's a platformer, not a RPG.

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
If you love dark, tragic stories with a few hints of Paper Mario wackyness; YOU NEED TO TRY IT!

However, it's a platformer, not a RPG.
Yeah I've seen gameplay of it I mean im all for platformers but id prefer paper mario to stick to their roots.

But Ill most likely play it when I can.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I may be the only one who thinks MKDD is faster than Wii.
You're not the only one, MKDD!! feels more dynamic than MKWii and MK8 in my opinion

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Baby Park is best Track; 7 laps of pure craziness

D

Deleted member

You're not the only one, MKDD!! feels more dynamic than MKWii and MK8 in my opinion
But the former was the Melee of Mario Kart and the latter is the Brawl of Mario Kart, so I wonder what is DD in that aspect of things.. :troll:

Because of the combination of less drivers/better item distribution I think. In DD you don't have to eat a blue shell every 3 seconds.
Lol, true.

Double Dash also has Petey Piranha as a playable character. Petey Piranha > Funky Kong
Too bad Petey Piranha got cut in the new games.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
9 laps on Wario Colosseum.
Im glad to see that Im not the only one who does this :awesome:

Actually Double Dash!! was the reason I bought a GameCube in 2004, I played it at a cousin's house in that time and I got addicted to the fun of that game.

Last edited:

Soul.

Shroom Ridge would be the best track if it had a nighttime texture. Same goes to Maka Wuhu and Wuhu Loop.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
But the former was the Melee of Mario Kart and the latter is the Brawl of Mario Kart, so I wonder what is DD in that aspect of things.. :troll:
64. It reminds of a time when part of the fanbase wasn't acting all elitist.

Oh man, this talk about Double Dash!! makes me want to play it again. But I can't because of my Cube's disc reader being broken. :(
I really should buy a 'new' one, but I also want to buy a N3DS... Choices, choices.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Nice icon.
Rainbow Fan. :luigimelee:
:happysheep::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

Not normally into a muti-colored avi, but Inti Creates has been putting up a lot of awesome artwork on their twitter accounts and I couldn't resist. Also serves as a reminder to pick up Azure Striker Gunvolt again, after Smash 3DS/ORAS got in the way.

D

Deleted member

The SSB64 of Mario Kart; the one no one ever seems to have any issues with, and never seems to get caught up in stupid conflicts.

But yeah, Petey and Paratroopa will be missed. Petey in MKWii especially would have been hilarious; Petey Piranha driving a motorcycle.

Bowser's Castle.
The music though.

Still my favorite Bowser's Castle track theme, though I guess part of that is due to it also being used on the Luigi's Mansion battle course, and I have rather fond memories of Bob-omb Blast on that course.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Actually...

Double Dash is Melee
Mario Kart Wii is Brawl, because midding possibilities and broken tactics
Mario Kart 8 is Smash 4 because DLC and more balanced than other games.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The SSB64 of Mario Kart; the one no one ever seems to have any issues with, and never seems to get caught up in stupid conflicts.

But yeah, Petey and Paratroopa will be missed. Petey in MKWii especially would have been hilarious; Petey Piranha driving a motorcycle.

The music though.

Still my favorite Bowser's Castle track theme, though I guess part of that is due to it also being used on the Luigi's Mansion battle course, and I have rather fond memories of Bob-omb Blast on that course.
It's easily my favorite Bowser Castle theme in the Mario Kart series, along with the song on the Wii's Bowser's Castle as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom