• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Oh yeah I totally love Petey Piranha in Double Dash. His head is so ****ing big it takes up half the screen, then you keep slipping on banana peels because you can't see where the heck you're going.

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind seeing Petey return.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Actually...

Double Dash is Melee
Mario Kart Wii is Brawl, because midding possibilities and broken tactics
Mario Kart 8 is Smash 4 because DLC and more balanced than other games.
So MK64 is 64?.... :awesome:

It makes a lot of sense actually

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This was so much fun. Shine Runners sucked, but Bob-omb Blast was a really great Battle Mode. I really hope to see it back someday.
The closest you can get is MK7 battle and setting all the items to Bob-ombs. It's not the same though...

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
SSB64: Super, 64, DD, DS.
Melee: Wii.
Brawl: 8.
4: 7.
People keep forgetting this Mario Kart exists: Super Circuit.

In the eyes of a Wiilitist.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

64. It reminds of a time when part of the fanbase wasn't acting all elitist.

Oh man, this talk about Double Dash!! makes me want to play it again. But I can't because of my Cube's disc reader being broken. :(
I really should buy a 'new' one, but I also want to buy a N3DS... Choices, choices.
My Wii also got the same fate and I don't think I'll get another one at this point as I have a Wii U and would rather play the most recent games. I'd opt for the New 3DS instead.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Bob-Omb Blast is the best minigame because you can do "donuts" with your kart in a place filled with Item Boxes to create an endless ring of explosions.

There's no way to top that level of chaos

D

Deleted member

SSB64: Super, 64, DD.

So what's MKDS then?

It's Brawl because R.O.B. is playable

D

Deleted member

SSB64: Super, 64, DD.

Hey, you forgot Mario Kart DS. :smirk:

Actually...

Double Dash is Melee
Mario Kart Wii is Brawl, because midding possibilities and broken tactics
Mario Kart 8 is Smash 4 because DLC and more balanced than other games.
I was going to say that, but no one plays DD "competitively" unlike Wii and 8. :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Super Circuit was really good tho, it was really hard sometimes (the coins had a lot of influence in your Trophy rank), and had underrated tracks.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Super Circuit was really good tho, it was really hard sometimes (the coins had a lot of influence in your Trophy rank), and had underrated tracks.
Ribbon Road and Sunset Wilds when, Nintendo?
And being able to unlock the SNES tracks was really nice.

D

Deleted member

My favorite MK is MK9. I was really glad that they brought the franchise back as a traditional 2D fighter.
MK9 is a great game. I can't believe they added the Fatality item into it. It changes dramatically the way you play Mario Kart, which is good.

Anyways, out of all Mario Kart games, I enjoyed Mario Kart DS the most. Everything about it was great, and while the online was a hacker's lagfest paradise, it didn't affect my experience. The nostalgia is too strong.

Soul.

Mario Kart 64 is very limited.
Won't bother talking about competitive Mario Kart.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
MK9 is a great game. I can't believe they added the Fatality item into it. It changes dramatically the way you play Mario Kart, which is good.

Anyways, out of all Mario Kart games, I enjoyed Mario Kart DS the most. Everything about it was great, and while the online was a hacker's lagfest paradise, it didn't affect my experience. The nostalgia is too strong.
Same. Super Circuit was my first, but DS was the first one I was good with. Until DS, I wasn't a fan of the MK series because I sucked at them.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I may be the only one who thinks MKDD is faster than Wii.
I could see that.

I do think MK64 is faster than both... maybe even Super Circuit as well. At least, that's what I feel. Also, Super Circuit was developed by Intelligent Systems. Now I want to see them develop Fire Emblem Kart lol.

D

Deleted member

It's 64, but I can't believe I forgot DS. It's my favorite MK for Homura's sake.
And yes, it's because of bias.
But Homura is the devil. No one says for devil's sake...

But yeah, I can get behind that bias. MKDS FOREVAH!

It was kind of weird they added Freddy Krueger as a guest character though. Not exactly the guy I would think of putting in a Mario Kart game after they put Link in Mario Kart 8. I thought Kirby would have made more sense.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh hey, BRoom admissions rolled into this part of town. :p

Soul.

It was kind of weird they added Freddy Krueger as a guest character though. Not exactly the guy I would think of putting in a Mario Kart game after they put Link in Mario Kart 8. I thought Kirby would have made more sense.
>power rangers
>SPD

>mario kart
wat. but yeah I agree, MKDS is the best. 7 is getting custom tracks and textures though...

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Underrate game too. I totally loved the ability to plant homing shells behind you, and like set them up as traps. If you're last and have a red shell, you could potetially screw over whoever's in 1st. I really would love to see more Super Circuit tracks in MK8. Top 3 that I'd love to see: Cheese Land, Ribbon Road, Sunset Wilds. <3

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I was very happy to see Sky Garden on the DS
But these tracks (including the mentioned by RamOne) deserve to be revived

Bowser Castle 4: It was really long by its time, and all of the previous BC already got remaked in newer MKs
Lakeside Park: The original volcanic eruption
Broken Pier/Boo Lake: Dat Music and 2spooky
Cheese Land: CHEDDAR IN HD, NUFF SAID

Bonus: Rainbow Road: despite the fact you can do insane shortcuts with Mushrooms

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>Kirby
>:rosalina:'s Smash trailer

That moment when you are expecting an Air Ride 2, then Kirby in Mario Kart, and finally, the unexpected. :troll:

Same. Super Circuit was my first, but DS was the first one I was good with. Until DS, I wasn't a fan of the MK series because I sucked at them.
Yep, same here. I don't play those games competitively though, it's just weird lol.

I could see that.

I do think MK64 is faster than both... maybe even Super Circuit as well. At least, that's what I feel. Also, Super Circuit was developed by Intelligent Systems. Now I want to see them develop Fire Emblem Kart lol.
I see. More like, Nintendo Kart? *laughs*

D

Deleted member

>power rangers
>SPD
Wat

Freddy Krueger is the killer from Nightmare on Elm Street. He's a playable character in Mortal Kombat 9. We were joking around regarding the abbreviation of Mario Kart to "MK" which is also an abbreviation of Mortal Kombat.

My favorite MK is MK9. I was really glad that they brought the franchise back as a traditional 2D fighter.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Oh hey, BRoom admissions rolled into this part of town. :p
It's that time of year again! :awesome:

Wait, when did you join the BRoom? I like literally only noticed now.

I see. More like, Nintendo Kart? *laughs*
I would totally love a Nintendo Kart, but I guess we'll have to settle with MK8 DLC for now.

Last edited:

Soul.

Wat

Freddy Krueger is the killer from Nightmare on Elm Street. He's a playable character in Mortal Kombat 9. We were joking around regarding the abbreviation of Mario Kart to "MK" which is also an abbreviation of Mortal Kombat.
:facepalm:
Sorry I got confused when you said Krueguer or whatever.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's that time of year again! :awesome:

Wait, when did you join the BRoom? I like literally only noticed now.
The last time they did admissions. :awesome:

You should submit an application! (Just remember not to put it in the actual thread, haha)

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
It's nice to finally have a civil discussion about Mario Kart after all those times I got shot down for my opinion on other boards because it was not Mario Kart Wii.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Glad to see that I'm not the only one who's favorite Mario Kart is Double Dash. The Mario and Luigi Circuits in those games are probably my favorite tracks. But Mario Kart DS is a real close second to me. Airship Fortress is 2legit2quit.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Mario Kart Wii is a good game. Probably one of my favorite MKs.

Anyway, I GOT OMEGA RUBY TODAY. SO HYPED. :D

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
There was a time I was just about the worst Mario Kart player in the world, but when I got Mario Kart DS, they practically put me through Boot Camp. Now I can go eight cups in one day, no problem.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
The last time they did admissions. :awesome:

You should submit an application! (Just remember not to put it in the actual thread, haha)
The last time they did admissions was sometime last year, right?

... wow, and I just noticed that you joined now. :facepalm: Lol. But yeah, I'll think about sending an application, why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom