• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Unpopular opinion: I have an unpopular opinion.

Also, what wrong with Link talking? He's done it in a billion manga releases, and no one seemed to care. it's also implied in the games

I guess it all comes down to voice acting and how he's portrayed. Perhaps making him a strong, silent hero may be the best route, though I doubt anyone would do it. I guess I'm the only one open to having him talk in a movie... and also games, but that's because I personally don't believe Link's supposed to be a player's avatar, at least judging how he's portrayed in the recent Zelda games.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
When did this place become the Unpopular Opinions thread?

Anyway, my unpopular opinion is that post-release character speculation is a kind of a waste of time.

:231:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
When did this place become the Unpopular Opinions thread?

Anyway, my unpopular opinion is that post-release character speculation is a kind of a waste of time.

:231:
Especially since the next smash may not be announced for at least 4 to 5 years. Whether it's moving on in life or losing interest in gaming, I bet half of us may not even be here for it.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey people banjo kazooie rip-off spiritual sucessor.

http://www.playtonicgames.com/index.html
edit:The game will be revealed on the next issue of EDGE,it is being developed by ex-rare employers.
If Rare won't make a real Banjo game, then this shall do. I'll be waiting to see this since I'm quite curious about the concept of it.

D

Deleted member

unpopular opinion(s):
i would like it if smashville was on 3ds
i would play the Ice Climbers on the 3DS version if Nana was 30fps while Popo 60fps, with no gameplay alterations, much like Pikmin
Just to see their low-tierness because they lost chain grabs? :troll:

Anyways, I have some unpopular opinions: they are the same as yours I guess. Nana moving at 30 FPS but her physics would run at 60 just like Assist Trophies would on 3DS, but then again, I don't think it would work.

Soul.

Just to see their low-tierness because they lost chain grabs? :troll:

Anyways, I have some unpopular opinions: they are the same as yours I guess. Nana moving at 30 FPS but her physics would run at 60 just like Assist Trophies would on 3DS, but then again, I don't think it would work.
yeah pretty much. one runs at 30fps while the other one runs at 60fps. simple but effective.
Wii U could have them both run at 60fps

Techno Hunter

Smash Cadet
yeah pretty much. one runs at 30fps while the other one runs at 60fps. simple but effective.
Wii U could have them both run at 60fps
In the wii u version, background elements like the smashville villagers and the Mario galaxy starship are not on the 8-player smash versions. If it cant run 8 players+Background elements, it cant run 16 60Fps ICs.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG

They are rebooting Spiderman AGAIN

...which means no sinister six movie I guess

Soul.

In the wii u version, background elements like the smashville villagers and the Mario galaxy starship are not on the 8-player smash versions. If it cant run 8 players+Background elements, it cant run 16 60Fps ICs.
wait it can't? never mind then lol

MushroomManiac

Smash Cadet
NNID
AndresGP
3DS FC
4425-1475-8736
I don't think that's why they would remove those features from 8-player Smash. A more likely reason is that 8 players playing on a single screen can be chaotic enough, and a whole bunch of extra background features can make the game very distracting.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
unpopular opinion: the all the smash memes are getting old and or over used, I don't mind hear/ reading them from time to time, but some people just over do it to the point it become spam.
In other news: people are selling Flipnote Studio 3D codes on eBay.
Not really surprise about that people will sale anything.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It can be anything really. But whenever I see notable news pop up, it's just reactions and the one member pulling a well-timed joke or gif. I get bit underwhelmed by that personally. :L

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
unpopular opinion: the all the smash memes are getting old and or over used, I don't mind hear/ reading them from time to time, but some people just over do it to the point it become spam.
Basically people try too hard to be funny and fit in, which ironically does the opposite effect.

Not to mention it wasn't funnny the first eight hundred forty seven times.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Donuts, such as a Hurts Donut? I remember @ Frostwraith Frostwraith gave me a hurts donut when I bombed Dark Pit while he was around. That hurt.
No one messes with me. Ever.

Unpopular Opinion: People should have more deeper conversations here in the social thread more often, I don't like seeing short messages that fill out all 40 replies in a thread. :p
You have proven worthy of my respect with that comment.

And I know you and I aren't alone in that regard.

Considering that Majoras Mask 3D is about to come out, I'm convinced that Great Bay Melee should return as a DLC 3DS stage.
Or perhaps, a new Majora's Mask stage. Clock Town, maybe?

Though Great Bay from Melee wouldn't be a bad choice. Though I wonder about Tingle, considering he's an Assist Trophy already. That aspect of the stage would have to be changed somehow.

They'd have to remake the stage from scratch, considering files from Melee are too old to be imported. They did remake the past stages in Brawl and some past stages on Wii U were also remade (HD texturing, 75 m having the right-side walk-offs removed).

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Hey guys, we gotta keep appropriate discussion in the appropriate thread. Doing so will keep us all on topic.

:troll:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Though Great Bay from Melee wouldn't be a bad choice. Though I wonder about Tingle, considering he's an Assist Trophy already. That aspect of the stage would have to be changed somehow.
Well, Villager can be seen in the background of Smashville even when :4villager: is fighting.

Plus Majora's Mask Tingle (Great Bay) ≠ The Wind Waker Tingle (Assist Trophy) timeline wise.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, Villager can be seen in the background of Smashville even when :4villager: is fighting.

Plus Majora's Mask Tingle (Great Bay) ≠ The Wind Waker Tingle (Assist Trophy) timeline wise.
Well, there are multiple Villagers, so it makes sense. Each Villager is also unique looking.

You are right about Tingle. After all, we have Link and Toon Link...

Though the game does acknowledge AT Tingle as one Tingle from the entire series, meaning a composite character. That is what would cause an oddity.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
They could say that they're different due to timelines.

9Tales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
9Tales_of_Hoenn
I always thought the point of link not talking was so that you could "insert yourself" you know like fill in the dialogue for him and become the hero. When you play a Zelda video game you LIVE the story, but when you read the manga/ watch the netflix you just view the story, so Link isn't you anymore and he has his own independent dialogue.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, there are multiple Villagers, so it makes sense. Each Villager is also unique looking.

You are right about Tingle. After all, we have Link and Toon Link...

Though the game does acknowledge AT Tingle as one Tingle from the entire series, meaning a composite character. That is what would cause an oddity.
I can understand for Spirit Train stage due to the conductor (either Link or Mr. "Leave it to Me"!) has absolutely no interaction with the stage/battle.

Great Bay Tingle however, CAN affect the battle on Great Bay.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So I just got Flipnote Studio 3d. What have you guys been doing?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I always thought the point of link not talking was so that you could "insert yourself" you know like fill in the dialogue for him and become the hero. When you play a Zelda video game you LIVE the story, but when you read the manga/ watch the netflix you just view the story, so Link isn't you anymore and he has his own independent dialogue.
I would argue creating the heroic mime approach ironically causes you to become less attached to the character.

Also in this context people just call him Link anyway even if the option to change his name is available. On occasion Zelda to unlock stuff or something stupid like "********"

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
That's impressive when you think about it. I mean, Freeza is kinda hard to cosplay as without a costume.
Yes, I'm bored, that's why I'm showing this video.

D

Deleted member

So I just got Flipnote Studio 3d. What have you guys been doing?
Checking out Flipnote Studio 3D. That's what's happening.

Does anyone know on Smash 3DS if the ZL/ZR buttons are usable when played on the New 3DS?
Yeah, you can. They are inverted from the default L and R controls, although you can't change them. You can also use ZR for amiibo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I can understand for Spirit Train stage due to the conductor (either Link or Mr. "Leave it to Me"!) has absolutely no interaction with the stage/battle.

Great Bay Tingle however, CAN affect the battle on Great Bay.
Yeah, I'm well aware of that.

Perhaps, they could do a different take on the Great Bay stage instead of just remaking the Melee stage. Or maybe replace Tingle with a similarly functioning obstacle.

They did change 75 m to no longer have walk-offs on the right side of the stage, so it wouldn't be the first time a stage was changed from its original version.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
THE ****ING **** I CAN'T SIGN UP FOR PAYPAL BECAUSE I KEEP PUTTING MY PHONE NUMBER IN THE "WRONG FORMAT" AND I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING
HOW THE **** AM I SUPPOSED TO GET PREMIUM ON SMASHBOARDS DAMN IT

yes the asterisks are manual

Edit 2: okay so I don't need to sign up to pay through PayPal nevermind. edit 3: "You need a PayPal account for this purchase. " TYAPDGHAL SFKHD BGO SZDXJO:B HKLa gsawe sklh't joh'qawuiohjqtwQTUOHjklgajklhgashbz sxbzuohzgs890356tqioqwt

edit 4: my brother turned off adblock and the site automatically formatted it for us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom