• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Well to be fair, the Mario movie came out in 1993.

And it was well....Mario. Yeah, the content of the movie itself as barely anything like the actual Mario games. You gotta admit though...wouldn't a live-action Mario movie that stayed much closer to the games still seem a bit strange? I mean, it's a world where plumbers jump on cartoonish walking mushrooms with faces, intelligent turtles, collect mushrooms to grow bigger, bash blocks floating in the air with their fists to collect said mushrooms, etc...trying to perfectly translate it all into live-action would still probably turn out pretty bizarre and unsatisfactory.

There's also the fact that the filming of the movie was really bad. Many problems happened during the creation of the movie, thus making it even worse than it should have been. They tried there best to make it look normal, but it was impossible. And with the filming problems, arguments between actors and the staff in general, the film went in the wrong way. That's also the reason.
It's still weird to make a live action movie about Mario though. Probably to ride on the golden train of the plumber back then.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Though I'll admit, the worst part about this whole thing is they have to make Link talk. Truly a frightening thought I know, but sadly it may come true.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

There's also the fact that the filming of the movie was really bad. Many problems happened during the creation of the movie, thus making it even worse than it should have been. They tried there best to make it look normal, but it was impossible. And with the filming problems, arguments between actors and the staff in general, the film went in the wrong way. That's also the reason.
It's still weird to make a live action movie about Mario though. Probably to ride on the golden train of the plumber back then.
Definitely. The direction of the movie's storyline itself could've gone a lot better than it did.

But yeah, even it it stayed more akin to the games a live-action Mario movie would still likely turn out very strange. An animated Mario movie has a ton of potential, though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I want to see a gritty TPS Mario game where Koopas are armored soldiers, Goombas are droids, and Bowser is a mutant lizardman.
And there should be a Silent-Hill esc. Ghost House scene with boos portrayed as man wearing cloths with faces drawn on them.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Well to be fair, the Mario movie came out in 1993.

And it was well....Mario. Yeah, the content of the movie itself as barely anything like the actual Mario games. You gotta admit though...wouldn't a live-action Mario movie that stayed much closer to the games still seem a bit strange? I mean, it's a world where plumbers jump on cartoonish walking mushrooms with faces, intelligent turtles, collect mushrooms to grow bigger, bash blocks floating in the air with their fists to collect said mushrooms, etc...not to mention the main villains often ride in clown cars that are kept flying in the air by small propellers underneath them....trying to perfectly translate it all into live-action would still probably turn out pretty bizarre and unsatisfactory.

Zelda on the other hand is a magical medieval world with more emphasis on realistic action such as slaying monsters with swords and arrows rather than jumping on them, and the world itself is just overall much more realistic. Trying to translate Zelda into live-action would probably go a lot more smoothly and still stay close in style to the actual games.
The series gonna be "Family friendly version of game of thrones".
Your argument was shot down.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Though I'll admit, the worst part about this whole thing is they have to make Link talk. Truly a frightening thought I know, but sadly it may come true.
If it's not in good hands or in the hands of Nintendo, Link will talk in this. And they will probably turn him in a generic hero with a generic relationship with Zelda.
The thing that I wonder though is this : who will be the villain ? Ganondorf ? Or an other villain ?
It will mostl likely be Ganondorf, but I still wonder who will be the antagonist in this.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If it's not in good hands or in the hands of Nintendo, Link will talk in this. And they will probably turn him in a generic hero with a generic relationship with Zelda.
The thing that I wonder though is this : who will be the villain ? Ganondorf ? Or an other villain ?
It will mostl likely be Ganondorf, but I still wonder who will be the antagonist in this.
Most likely it'll be Ganon/Ganondorf. And if not it'll be some new villain.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So, in a bit of non-news mostly for those still having any doubts, Jon gets name dropped in a GG episode
****ing finally.
Seriously, maybe everyone will shut up now.
Props to this guy though:
"Wouldn't it be just such a ****ing ****tease if this was all a buildup and tomorrow Sonic 06' continues just as a giant 2-year old joke meant to **** us up the ass and call us Carlos?"

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
But yeah, even it it stayed more akin to the games a live-action Mario movie would still likely turn out very strange. An animated Mario movie has a ton of potential, though.
There was actually an animated movie.

It's an interresting movie, but it's a good one. Better than what America did to Mario at the time.

Most likely it'll be Ganon/Ganondorf. And if not it'll be some new villain.

I have a bad feeling about this. I don't know why, but I feel that they will destroy Ganondorf. Either that or he will be generic or will be replaced by "Generic exclusive villain". And that's bad enough just to think about it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Though I am curious with how they'll make the enemies. There's a lot of potential for creativity there.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
That moment when your Skype is that messed up you can't receive any messages for 2,5 weeks and when you start it up one day you get 2000 messages at once.

You do know that Nintendo always says "No comment" on any rumor that comes up to them, regardless if it's true or not, right?

And I must be the only one who doesn't like JonTron.
No, I'm not a fan of him either.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Though I am curious with how they'll make the enemies. There's a lot of potential for creativity there.
What if they simply put some random dudes in evil costumes ? That should do it for them.
For us however...

While that makes sense (somehow), it's stil just a theory. A YOUTUBE THEORY!!!!! Thanks for watching.

This joke clearly wasn't necessary here.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's hard for me to imagine Link talking....I want to say "I wouldn't mind it if they don't take him out of character too much" but....it's hard to imagine a character like him talking and have it be....well, enjoyable. He only speaks actual words out loud in one game (that being the Wind Waker) and he shows all of his emotion otherwise through his facial expressions and actions themselves. It's kind of hard for me to imagine him showing emotion through actual speech, and not have it be awkward.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
****ing finally.
Seriously, maybe everyone will shut up now.
Props to this guy though:
"Wouldn't it be just such a ****ing ****tease if this was all a buildup and tomorrow Sonic 06' continues just as a giant 2-year old joke meant to **** us up the *** and call us Carlos?"
Im just happy to know that they made up like adults and are still buddies, putting an end to all the internet drama people love so much.

But they ****talk Prodigy one more time and they gonna get the knuckle-chuckle.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What if they simply put some random dudes in evil costumes ? That should do it for them.
For us however...
I don't get why you're so pessimistic about all this. We don't even know if it exists yet, and even then we haven't even seen it. I don't see why we should put it down now.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
For the music? The layout?
For me, it's both. Loved seeing people helplessly Up+b into the center platform.
Mainly the music. Saria's Theme is just amazing, but the level itself is pretty good, too. Smashing others into the water under the center platform is satisfying.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Even though all hope seems lost for it, I wouldn't mind seeing a version of Young Link using his Transformations from Majoras Mask in Smash Bros. I don't think whoever does the next smash can split that character up into three seperate slots, I just don't think they can.

D

Deleted member

Promote MM3D?

Just add Tingle, and rename the Assist Tingle to "Toon Tingle" since he comes from the same game as Toon Link.

Soul.

unpopular opinion(s):
i would like it if smashville was on 3ds
i would play the Ice Climbers on the 3DS version if Nana was 30fps while Popo 60fps, with no gameplay alterations, much like Pikmin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom