• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Can we just lock this thread so this "war" can stop?
Im all for keeping it but maybe its best that it go
Or we can shut up and follow the rules. Closing this thread because some people don't understand why rules are in place is stupid IMO.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Projectile spam is boring. Thunder spam is boring. Staying in a standard position while using a projectile is boring.
Link in PM can have all three out at once and it's a nightmare, given the environment of the game.

Link / Toon Link spamming arrows / boomerangs / bombs is boring. Lucario spamming Aura Sphere is boring.[/quote]
Type those asterisks. That's what I did atleast.
Did you ever cuss someone out in Hindi on the boards?

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Only problems I have with the CPUs are the frame perfect counters, and the Diddy Kong's inability to recover properly.
I never had this problem, I think I never seen a frame perfect counters, all they they do is Item spam or spam one move all the time mosly a Special move, Diddy Kong is a problem though but only is rival smash when I have to play as him or in 1 on 1 matches.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Or we can shut up and follow the rules. Closing this thread because some people don't understand why rules are in place is stupid IMO.
Yo you dont seem me complaining about the rules anymore XD I just woke up to this.The rules are alright with me but this "war" I guess, is a biiit pointless

Now on to better topics, I got woken up by my dad who was on a cleaning frenzy. All I heard was vacuuming and the vacuum hitting the wall over and over

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Projectile spam is boring. Thunder spam is boring. Staying in a standard position while using a projectile is boring.
Link / Toon Link spamming arrows / boomerangs / bombs is boring. Lucario spamming Aura Sphere is boring.
The only good fighters I've fought on For Glory were - somewhat poor memory - a pink Yoshi, several Foxes, Falcos, Captain Falcons (the most common), a couple Marios, Palutenas, and several Marths/Lucinas, Jigglypuffs, Zeldas, ZSS's, maybe some Ikes, some Greninjas, and ironically, Little Mac. I still remember that one Little Mac who barely spammed and fought like a counter puncher. You mess up anything and he punishes you hard.

Lucarios, Pikachus, Charizards, Ganondorfs, Links, Toon Links, Sheiks, the other Little Macs, Robins, (Dark) Pits (spamming arrows or side B), Luigi (spamming Luigi Tornado over and over), Pac-Men (spamming side B and dash attack), and Samuses (dash attack, Charge shot, and missiles) make up the spam crew.

I've gotten to the point where if I fight a Lucario, all I do is beat them to an inch of their life and reflect their obviously spamming Aura Sphere to win...

I should stop playing For Glory and sometimes For Fun since I might end up with hypertension because of this... ludicrous amount of spammers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I never had this problem, I think I never seen a frame perfect counters, all they they do is Item spam or spam one move all the time mosly a Special move, Diddy Kong is a problem though but only is rival smash when I have to play as him or in 1 on 1 matches.
Yeah, if you're fighting a level 9 CPU of any character with a counter (Marth, Lucario, Shulk, Little Mac etc.), they will counter perfectly if given the chance. It happens to me a lot because I play aggressively.

Yo you dont seem me complaining about the rules anymore XD I just woke up to this.The rules are alright with me but this "war" I guess, is a biiit pointless
A bit pointless?

There's a war going on?

Why hasn't anyone unleashed me onto the battlefield, yet? :glare:
This "war" is basically the SmashBoards equivalent to the Miiverse War. We will summon you if a more worthy cause presents itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

The only good fighters I've fought on For Glory were - somewhat poor memory - were a pink Yoshi, several Foxes, Falcos, Captain Falcons (the most common), a couple Marios, Palutenas, and several Marths/Lucinas, Jigglypuffs, Zeldas, ZSS's, maybe some Ikes, some Greninjas, and ironically, Little Mac. I still remember that one Little Mac who barely spammed and fought like a counter puncher. You mess up anything and he punishes you hard.

Lucarios, Pikachus, Charizards, Ganondorfs, Links, Toon Links, Sheiks, the other Little Macs, Robins, (Dark) Pits (spamming arrows or side B), Luigi (spamming Luigi Tornado over and over), Pac-Men (spamming side B and dash attack), and Samuses (dash attack, Charge shot, and missiles).

I've gotten to the point where if I fight a Lucario, all I do is beat them to an inch of their life and reflect their obviously spamming Aura Sphere to win...

I should stop playing For Glory and sometimes For Fun since I might end up with hypertension because of this... ludicrous amount of spammers.
tl;dr: Go to With Friends.
For Glory's projectile overuse is ridiculous I can't even think of how many times I try to recover but then a Link tries to use an arrow and act as if he won but he's just a noob.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
The only good fighters I've fought on For Glory were - somewhat poor memory - were a pink Yoshi, several Foxes, Falcos, Captain Falcons (the most common), a couple Marios, Palutenas, and several Marths/Lucinas, Jigglypuffs, Zeldas, ZSS's, maybe some Ikes, some Greninjas, and ironically, Little Mac. I still remember that one Little Mac who barely spammed and fought like a counter puncher. You mess up anything and he punishes you hard.

Lucarios, Pikachus, Charizards, Ganondorfs, Links, Toon Links, Sheiks, the other Little Macs, Robins, (Dark) Pits (spamming arrows or side B), Luigi (spamming Luigi Tornado over and over), Pac-Men (spamming side B and dash attack), and Samuses (dash attack, Charge shot, and missiles) make up the spam crew.

There is always teams and free for all to get a break from spammers! They never last long when its 4 player!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Can we just lock this thread so this "war" can stop?
Im all for keeping it but maybe its best that it go
Locking the thread is the last resort panic button used only in emergencies. Thread isn't that bad yet.

Did you ever cuss someone out in Hindi on the boards?
I would have used it if someone here actually understood it. And Hindi isn't my native tongue anyway.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I don't get it. What show does this reference and what is the joke? I understand that by not getting this I have no childhood and all the usual crap.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was one of the more "adult jokes" in Rocko's Modern Life.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
There is always teams and free for all to get a break from spammers! They never last long when its 4 player!
Tell that to a teammate who spams stupid moves, dies a lot, and screws you over or several spammers, one tryhard, and you trying to stay alive on Smash... Every mode on For Glory and For Fun is filled with asinine jerks.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Locking the thread is the last resort panic button used only in emergencies. Thread isn't that bad yet.
It's good to not negotiate with terrorists anyway. We can't set precedents!

Tell that to a teammate who spams stupid moves, dies a lot, and screws you over or several spammers, one tryhard, and you trying to stay alive on Smash... Every mode on For Glory and For Fun are just filled with asinine jerks.
What exactly makes someone a tryhard in For Glory?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Some family's coming over for Christmas Eve, just two relatives right now. Which is pretty nice.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
But you do have a NNID, do you?! Wow, why am I using exclamation marks!
I only have a 3DS! Does NNID even do anything aside from eShop on the 3DS?! I LIKE SHOUTING! I THINK YOU LIKE SHOUTING TOO!! THAT'S WHY YOU'RE USING EXCLAMATION MARKS!!! my caps lock isn't broken. :p

Soul.

Players who think they can win but they end up losing. Or when they taunt, which means they are going to win, but in the end they don't.
I only have a 3DS! Does NNID even do anything aside from eShop on the 3DS?! I LIKE SHOUTING! I THINK YOU LIKE SHOUTING TOO!! THAT'S WHY YOU'RE USING EXCLAMATION MARKS!!! my caps lock isn't broken. :p
OH YOU ONLY HAVE A 3DS?! I DIDN'T KNOW! YES! IT DOES! IT LETS YOU GO ONLINE!

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Tell that to a teammate who spams stupid moves, dies a lot, and screws you over or several spammers, one tryhard, and you trying to stay alive on Smash... Every mode on For Glory and For Fun is filled with asinine jerks.
I know what its like to have Dingus Khan as a teammate which you can see here:
All you gotta do is just say "I got dis" and hurt people!

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I don't get it. What show does this reference and what is the joke? I understand that by not getting this I have no childhood and all the usual crap.
Rocko's Modern Life. The joke is, the doctors name is funny in a way only an adult would understand. The way I used that picture has far more sinister implications however :troll:
Is that from Roccos Modern Life?
Yep

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
So we can cuss in other languages? >8)

Maudit tabarnak de calice d'ostie de saint ciboire de guy-manuel de homem-cristo!
How dare you! Imma wash your mouth out with soup, young....man!
I really need to watch that cartoon again
Being aggressive and using the same technique over and over even they are punished.
Sounds like I came across those a long and payed no attention to them

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It's good to not negotiate with terrorists anyway. We can't set precedents!

Being aggressive and using the same technique over and over even they are punished.
Players who think they can win but they end up losing. Or when they taunt, which means they are going to win, but in the end they don't.

OH YOU ONLY HAVE A 3DS?! I DIDN'T KNOW! YES! IT DOES! IT LETS YOU GO ONLINE!
What they said except you're missing one additional thing: bad and good tryhards. Bad ones spam stuff and try to win no matter what. They'll fight you a lot, but only if you lose. If somehow you win, then they rage quit. Good ones, are well, good, but like bad ones, they ignore common sense. I met a really good Captain Falcon player who was a tryhard. There was a spammer and an all right Luigi who then joined in spamming. Let's say things didn't go well since the Capt. player went after everyone instead of the spammer who started it all. I tried to get rid of the spammer(s), but the Capt. player would have none of that. All he wanted was blood and glory. Mostly blood. HEY, I JUST CONFIRMED BLOOD FALCON. :p

I knew that. Of course it lets you go online, but it's still relatively useless since the 3DS is still depended on the stupid Friend Codes. I have a NNID, but I don't know what else it's for besides eShop, Wii U stuff, and online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom