• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
No. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls is nothing like this. Those games are hard, but fair. With the exception of Dark Souls 2, when you die, it's your fault for getting greedy or overzealous. There aren't any "bull****" deaths in Dark Souls.

Level 9 CPUs in Smash Wii U are literally designed to be absolutely unbeatable: they perfect guard everything, they dodge religiously, they punish, they gang up on the player even if Free-for-Alls, and if your enemy has a Counter, LOL **** you you're dead.

9.0 Classic is like Dark Souls if the game started you in a room full of Black Knights, and if you beat them, you have to fight Ornstein, Sif, Gwyn, Asylum Demon, and then run though Blighttown one right after another as a Deprived on one life. And there's no reward except an achievement.
No relevancy to the current topic: Fine... Fire Emblem: Awakening's Lunatic difficulty. The sheer amount of enemies with Counter and the RNG system is just outright evil.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Don't get sensitive. I didn't insult anyone. And I was a regular for a long time, but I got really tired of pretension and no actual conversations or clever jokes at all.
You did insult peeps, indirectly. Your wording in that post says otherwise.
I could go on more but I think I'll stick to the social thread pm

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
We the EST Peasants are crying..........
Nah.
The fact that I have 10 Hours until Christmas gives me time to buy that last gift that I need.
Yes.
I'm still buying things. It was hard to find but I found it.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I mean guys. Is this what you want the social thread to be? Nothing but constant fighting over the idea of what a social thread should be? Constantly bringing up mod integrity in the social thread?

I really don't get it guys. You have skype, you have PM groups. Yet, you guys keep insisting that this place needs to be chaotic. Does it really matter if this place is fun for you if you have other areas of fun? If anything, all you are doing is ruining the fun of others.

I really am sick of all this forum drama. I'm sick of all the mod-jokes, and now insults are being thrown at each other.

You guys keep saying you are going to leave, but why don't you? Instead, you stick around and get in fights. :/

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I mean guys. Is this what you want the social thread to be? Nothing but constant fighting over the idea of what a social thread should be? Constantly bringing up mod integrity in the social thread?

I really don't get it guys. You have skype, you have PM groups. Yet, you guys keep insisting that this place needs to be chaotic. Does it really matter if this place is fun for you if you have other areas of fun? If anything, all you are doing is ruining the fun of others.

I really am sick of all this forum drama. I'm sick of all the mod-jokes, and now insults are being thrown at each other.

You guys keep saying you are going to leave, but why don't you? Instead, you stick around and get in fights. :/
It's Civil War. Neither side is giving up until they've won. We got pros and antis.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Wow, so we the regulars can't have a pleasant discussion? Sometimes, my definition of a pleasant discussion is a meme party. I like getting a laugh out of the social thread. That's an insult to us regulars. ****
Not always, but then again you aren't a regular, as you pointed out when you insulted me/them
I can't believe anyone would react this way to such a mild gibe. Not to mention, you're the only one that is visibly upset over something most people should find endearing. This must be bait.

You know things have gotten out of hand when Quilt agrees with the mods.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I love how no one names anyone.
The Social Thread needn't be chaotic, but it doesn't have to be srs bsns all the time either. Fun is also different for everyone. I only complain about mods when I get silly infraction, for one. But all this passive aggressive chit chat will get us nowhere. Just go with the flow of the social thread, and step out when it is too much for you. Nothing on the Internet is tailor made for anyone [dont quote me on that, yall know what I mean]

People who've been here for 2-3 threads would react this way.
Just leave it, I've said what I had to say. I could give various reasons as to why, but I feel no need to explain so GG no re

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
People who've been here for 2-3 threads would react this way.
I've been in and out since the inception of the original Social thread and I don't care. Only kiss-less hypernerds would get amped up over this non-issue.

I love how no one names anyone.
The Social Thread needn't be chaotic, but it doesn't have to be srs bsns all the time either. Fun is also different for everyone. I only complain about mods when I get silly infraction, for one. But all this passive aggressive chit chat will get us nowhere. Just go with the flow of the social thread, and step out when it is too much for you. Nothing on the Internet is tailor made for anyone [dont quote me on that, yall know what I mean]
I don't see anyone actually passive-aggressive. It's not a catch-all term that you can simply apply to whatever is convenient.

For someone to be passive-aggressive, there would have to be at least some kind of indirect hostility. But when Kenith says something along the lines, "It's probably because none of the regulars are here," he's being pretty direct. But take it at face value. At the very least you could not prove him wrong by trying to bring down the mood but you are not even doing that :p

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's Civil War. Neither side is giving up until they've won. We got pros and antis.
Honestly this would have faded out slowly, but no, someone just has to keep the flames burning. I don't know about you, but neither side really has a burning desire to continue this "war".

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Something tells me 4.0 wont be remembered as fondly as the others. It managed to put users who have nothing againts each other, againts each other, for rather silly reasons all things considered.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Something tells me 4.0 wont be remembered as fondly as the others. It managed to put users who have nothing againts each other, againts each other, for rather silly reasons all things considered.
What can be done though is make sure that a rough start is the only thing we can say 4.0 will have. People just need to stop jabbing each other so much.

D

Deleted member

The "war" is stupid. Honestly, a little guidelines won't kill us. All it does is require images to make some sort of sense. Is it really that hard to do?

Soul.

Yay, Christmas Eve is a thing and this thread is still the same old thread since December 19th. Meh.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Honestly this would have faded out slowly, but no, someone just has to keep the flames burning. I don't know about you, but neither side really has a burning desire to continue this "war".
I don't and I haven't been starting it. I've even been playing with here. It's fading out slowly but it's too slow.

I've been in and out since the inception of the original Social thread and I don't care. Only kiss-less hypernerds would get amped up over this non-issue.
And would you look at that, Merry Christmas, I just got the first person I'm going to ignore

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
The "war" is stupid. Honestly, a little guidelines won't kill us. All it does is require images to make some sort of sense. Is it really that hard to do?
Cant images speak for themselves? I understand punshing outright spam but having to explain a joke makes it kinda null. This isnt a place for some deep discussions.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
What war!? Maybe I'm not here all the time to see it, but I won't call little arguments a war. So did anything happen yet or it's nothing.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Cant images speak for themselves? I understand punshing outright spam but having to explain a joke makes it kinda null. This isnt a place for some deep discussions.
You don't have to explain the joke. You just have to have content after the joke.

It isn't for deep discussion, but wasting band-width and posting the same joke a million times doesn't really help anyone either. We also don't need to constantly have a new thread every 3 months.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Howdy guys, I woke up late today and I plan on wasting the day with video games.

Well, I have no real contribution to the thread "war" other than this:

10/10 would buy out Disney Store for all the merchandise. Accept this as my offering to just get along and move on.

Oh, and I forgot the obligatory @ Knuckles the Knuckles Knuckles the Knuckles tag.

Last edited:

Kingslime301

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't Goku die easily if his fights are in smash physics since he does get flown out, and fly a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom