• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.....Soccer ball?

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Smart Bomb = Nothing new.
Electrode = Nothing new.
Training mode = Nothing new.
Soccer Ball = 0.o What can do a Soccer Ball? Maybe you throw it to someone, hit his face, bounce it back to you (Mr. Saturn 2) or maybe it can explode LOL... put things together:
Smart Bomb = Boom
Electrode = Boom
Soccer Ball = ......Boom? lol

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
This points to Megaman....Soccer

Because someone is bound to say it anyway.

garbage

Smash Journeyman
This points to Megaman....Soccer

Because someone is bound to say it anyway.
No, you're just that obsessed :).

The soccer ball is probably just a very bouncy Mr.Saturn-type thing.
Black hole 2, anyone? :D

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Actually I posted it since there are people out there who would obssess enough to think that :)

I bet it's there just to show off the new physics engine. I wonder how smoothly it will fly...

Hong

The Strongest
It looks like the soccer balls from Animal Crossing, actually. :/

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Is that a moon or a disco ball in the picture with the soccer ball?

OMGZ?! Jimmy T Confirmed. =P

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
Clearly, since soccer ball is in this update, we're going to get 7 Mario Strikers Charged costumes for each character. Even Snake.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
The ball from Charged is different. This is probably supposed to be the orignal Mario Strikers ball. I imagine you can pick it up and then kick it quite far. A long-range projectile.

Tbacksha

Smash Apprentice
Wait! This ain't just any old ball it's a soccer ball, perhaps you can't pick it up.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah, maybe if like once you kick it catches on fire and explodes Samus's head when it hits her. =O

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
it's definitely from animal crossing...

you probably wont be able to pick it up, just kick it, it's probably super soft, does a little knockback, no damage.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
i think because its a soccer ball you won't be able to pick it up. instead you just walk into in and acts badically like a koopa shell..... and it might have a chance of exploding if it was thrown into this update.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I would prefer if you could just kick it as opposed to pick it up.

It's a football.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I know it sounds Pathethic and Ridiculous but... Am i the only one that thinks that Sakurai is uploading all of this crappy updates just to laugh at us going insane?

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I know it sounds Pathethic and Ridiculous but... Am i the only one that thinks that Sakurai is uploading all of this crappy updates just to laugh at us going insane?
thats exactly what hes doing. he knows the majority of us only care about the character announcements.

he will give them to us, but at the same time, he's gotta strech these updates out since the release date got pushed back-wait now that i think of it not really, cuz he is still doing double updates....hmmm

yeah hes just mind gamin us

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
Could be something from the old Mario Strikers,maybe you can make a megastriker on it, if not

OMG OMG OMG Pele confirmed!

Rocketspark

Smash Cadet
I would assume the soccer ball was from Animal Crossing, since it's one of the games that easily comes to mind, but we all know what the word assume does to people.
^^;

And I agree on the theory it's somewhat like the Koopa shell...but what if you just have to run into it to kick it far? And the faster you're running the farther it gets thrown and the more damage it does?
Just an idea.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
how about this:
the faster you walk into it the harder you kick it.
the harder you kick itthe more damage and impact it has.
possible to explode but I dont know about this(but then again wiered stuff has happened)
with the inclusion of toad stool jumping I think the characters might actualy go into a kicking annimation when they run/walk/move into it.(also we can stand on crates now).
I am very intertested on how this works and turns out!

rancor1985

Smash Rookie
I'm one of the silent viewers of the forum, been hanging around viewing posts for ages, but never felt like posting...until now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_World_Cup

My first Nintendo game, worth a zillion laughs, and something I was hoping might be in Brawl for awhile.

No, I'm not saying this "confirms" anything, by any means. But, the soccer ball does raise some hopes for an awesome retro character.

Top Bottom