• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.....Soccer ball?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The soccer ball does lead to some questions. Did it come from Mario Strikers? Then again, the ball used there is different.

Cat knight

Smash Rookie
:nice to meet you rancor i am sotta one to. eter way i tink it's from ac to. but why 2 items...:confused

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
You **** Brits and your fancy schmancy changero on words. =P
If you knew anything culturally, you would know that soccer came first and it's called football in every country except the U.S. (which is basically just a wimpy version of rugby)

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
yea i think its just gonna be another item u can throw although its properties are a nice new mystery to solve. I think its just gonna be another mr Saturn type thing personally!

M.K

Level 55
There is a soccer ball (random) and a baseball/volleyball. (Cannot tell which)

Very odd....first clocks...then balls..,

OMG DR. CLOCKBALL CONFIRMEDDUUU!!?11qQ

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Did anyone ever think that you can only KICK the soccer ball. No picking this item up ... sorry.

Emokirby4

Smash Cadet
If you knew anything culturally, you would know that soccer came first and it's called football in every country except the U.S. (which is basically just a wimpy version of rugby)
Haha, I was just about to post something like that! However, American Football in its rawest form is just as bloodthirsty as Rugby. It's just that Americans are more wimpy than the rest of the world when it comes to bodily harm (plus those guys are f'ing huge, so without pads someone would die.)

Oh and it's a Soccer Ball/football! STOP READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS! The homerun bat isn't from a specific game, why does the soccer ball have to be?

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Heh, I was pretty suprised to see a Soccer/Football in the middle of the field. My guess is that you can only budge it by kicking it (A kicking animation for every character would be ace) and it does HUGE DAMAGE if you get hit. Why is everyone suggesting it to be soft with little knockback? Ive been hit by one of these things in the face, and it hurts.

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
LOL! I love the people who say this is from a certain game ITS A SOCCER BALL DAMIT! I can see it as maybe a joke Item that you can throw around, most likely there are others.... maybe a whole sport set, tennis racket, foot ball, could be cool.

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
Lol...I am truly incredible! I too, predicted the soccer ball for Brawl.

As for it's use...not too sure

Here's my best guess.

The player will grab it and run around with it *Whether holding it or kicking it*

Then can charge it up *Like on would with a super scope* and release a powerful kick

The ball flies like a torpedo and slams into opponents.

It's cool, and fun sounding.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
My best guess...it's a soccer ball. You run into it, it bounces, hits someone, and they take damage.

Wow.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
rock ball = megaman!

Just kidding.

LEAF SHIELDO!

(I can't beat airman...

it's impossible for anyone to dodge his tornado
no matter how desperately i shoot his back
i'll be blown away by his wind sooner or later
i try to push start button again and again but it's still nonsense to his tornado!!)

i think i got the lyrics wrong somewhere

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Isnt this thread going to be closed?

Talked about in dojo updates

the Shadow Knite

Smash Rookie
Lol, its prolly from Super MArio Strikers, but what the hell do i know lol

*kicks ball and hits mario, the ball rollz away* COME BACK HERE!!

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
It would be neat if Brawl had a feature like tekken volleyball.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Everyone says its from animal crossing. Probably doesnt do any damage, just kick it around,.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I guess this means we can use it to play sudden death dodge ball
People have suggested Stadium modes using the football. It's plausible, but I doubt as a dodgeball game lol.

Don't want to turn this into an off-topic argument, but we brought English to you. Why is it called English? LOL!
Then they decided it wasn't good enough for them so they changed it slightly. 'Color' lol.

Football and Colour FTW.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
LOL! I love the people who say this is from a certain game ITS A SOCCER BALL DAMIT! I can see it as maybe a joke Item that you can throw around, most likely there are others.... maybe a whole sport set, tennis racket, foot ball, could be cool.
it appears much larger than a standard soccer ball, and graphically speeking and from the standpoint of its importance in the Animal Crossing series, it should be safe to assume it's from there.

It's quite a bit out of proportion for it to be from any game but animal crossing, and the balls in that game are all the same size, they're just texture changes.

I can see this being another Animal Crossing item

But wow... how many items is this game going to have lol :o

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
in AC there's soccer, basketball, volleyball and more or less a snowball.

I can't help thinkign there's another ball in the game, but I havn't played it in awhile.

For all we know, it COULD be a Megaman item :o

someguy12

Smash Journeyman
yeah, it could be anything, AC, SMS, a new item like the homerun bat, or anything. Except for the Megaman one, no offence, but if they're going to use a megaman item, they would have something that you would associate with megaman, not something like this where there are several other series that it could got with.

mario66

Smash Cadet
Since its most likely from AC, it probably acts the same way. You run into it and it goes flying into other people.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
or it could be from soccer... just saying, they could easily label it as just another sports related item. i.e. Home-Run Bat.

that being said, I think it's from Animal Crossing, judging by the size of it...
I don't think the size matters, seeing as things are resized for Smash

Top Bottom