• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

pockyD

Smash Legend
for me, it's easier to keep track of my progress

it's easier to go page to page, seeing if i recognize the top post than to scroll down a long page, looking for something unfamiiliar

i don't think it's strictly better than 40ppp, but 40ppp users are the only ones who actually behave elitist about it for whatever reason

joeplicate

Smash Master
in kind of the same manner, i think that having 40ppp lets you follow the "thread" of the thread a lot better

like those who use 10ppp are caught in a vain spontaneous forum existence, only responding to the post right above them and missing the DEEPER SIGNIFICANCE =P

not like it really matters tho

pockyD

Smash Legend
it all depends on how often you check

if there are typically only like 2-5 new posts between checks, then smaller PPP works

if you check weekly and there are 30 new posts, then the larger one is for you

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i just hate having to go back and forth through pages
maybe if i used autopager then i guess not a big deal but still

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I like 10ppp since it's the easiest setting to determine where page breaks occur. In 15 and 30ppp, I need to look at the sum of the digits in addition to the last one; 20ppp requires looking at the last two digits and 40ppp requires looking at the last 3 digits; 5ppp is the only one other than 10 that only requires looking at the last digit, but there's still slightly more to keep track of and having 5ppp is a little ridiculous for other reasons as well.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
is mvc2 any harder to get into over any other fighter? i'm aware there's obviously a fat boost in technical speed, but besides that

mio

Smash Ace
It will be between December 10th and January 10th. The weekend after New Year's sounds pretty good. Don't worry guys, I will make the post about it soon!

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
yeah it's posted all on the pac social.

i wouldn't call it the best thing i've ever read or even close but it is interesting how ****ed up things are.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
what happens is,

when you aggro a trainer who is off screen, you have time to pause. and when you fly away, the game is still ready to load the hex data for that trainers first pokemon. so you fight one of 3 specific trainers whose pokemon will load up the hex daa for mew (i forget how) and then you just switch zones. doing so will force the start menu open again, and closing it will force a fight with a pokemon whose hex data is stored in the temp slot

effectively giving you scyther and mew before you fight misty
(you can use teleport too)

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
what happens is,

when you aggro a trainer who is off screen, you have time to pause. and when you fly away, the game is still ready to load the hex data for that trainers first pokemon. so you fight one of 3 specific trainers whose pokemon will load up the hex daa for mew (i forget how) and then you just switch zones. doing so will force the start menu open again, and closing it will force a fight with a pokemon whose hex data is stored in the temp slot

effectively giving you scyther and mew before you fight misty
(you can use teleport too)
but the thing is, the guy just says to go pick some random trainer you havent fought twice..so how do 1 of 3 specific trainers come into it?

also about the M2K thing;

"I wasn't going to beat ADHD, and I had a bad controller, so I said to people that I threw it cuz I care about pride too much. I guess that's why it's such a big deal. I still tried to win, but deep down inside I knew I wasn't going to win, so I tried to make a deal with him. He didn't agree to it, he just ***** me, and then after the tourney he felt bad and said he'd give me some."

So he lies to people about losing and says he lost on purpose, MLG finds out about this and bans him/them for it. Now he's trying to say he lied about losing on purpose and he only said it for pride.

im glad johnning too much actually did something negative for once

he was at my monthly last week, nonstop johns oh my lord

embracethe12

Smash Lord
old stuff

i have 3 mews
trick works for any trainer, but a different pokemon comes each time
only that specific man gives mew

it has to do with a number generator for pokemon to appear and mew is like number 256 which isn't even a number that can be reached or something

fly posted something about it and i read it and everything was great

craiger

Smash Apprentice
I believe this is the link you're referring to: http://www.trsrockin.com/missingno4.html
interesting link, it makes sense. I remember I found out about the missingno. glitch, and found a lv. 200 something missingno in my blue version.

I caught it, and rumors were if you actually used it as a pokemon, your game would freeze, but when I used it, it was perfectly fine.

The weirdest part of it all was that after awhile it turned into a Rhydon and had crazy moves like water gun, surf, water gun (again), and sky attack. I was really surprised, and tried to trade it to another version, but I forgot what happened after that. lol

Pokemon. Good times.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
the last pokemon of a trainer fills in the hex data

slowpoke and one other pokemon will cause mew

the video was wrong when it said 'random trainer'

Top Bottom