• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i'll kick all your butts at that chansey game at pokemon stadium 2

i haven't missed 100 eggs on hyper difficulty in years

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
wow, Mario Party 4 is the ****. Booksquirm anyone? =P
H3LL YES LOL

mario party is quite possibly the worst "party" game of all-time

i'll take fusion frenzy
I would've agreed with you but then you said fusion frenzy

as f.miharu/jtb would say:

/fail

Also 3rd strike is AMAZING i swear i only needed like 1 more match i was gonna beat plan 9 and whoever else i was playing (i won at least 1 match for sure lol)

Larry/race/anyone pro lets play

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
3rd strike is so easy to learn

everyone is good at that game, like brawl

but to be a beast at 3rd strike is another story, wow, good players seriously read your mind in that game

replicate

Smash Lord
funny story
I got a ps2>usb converter the other day, and I stayed up for like 4 hours trying to beat gill

it was really hard and stuff, and I was doing short hop shoryukens to intercept him in the air and trying to do all my super cancels and whatnot
then I just started spamming jumping fierce kick>crouching fierce kick and he died

mio

Smash Ace
3rd strike is so easy to learn

everyone is good at that game, like brawl

but to be a beast at 3rd strike is another story, wow, good players seriously read your mind in that game
Show me this group of "everyone" that you think is good at Third Strike and have them play me. Being good in 3s is NOT easy lol. Try doing this combo in the corner (Ken): mp, hp, lp shoryukenxxjugglexxlp shoryuken. After this you'll see that even the basic combos require a TON of practice to master. Pretty much you have to master your controller/stick before you can even think about contending at a high level (and that's only like, 30% of it).

It's is probably one of the most difficult fighting games to learn. I've been playing for 4 years now and I'm still not good. In 3s not every little option/intricacy is right out there on the table for everyone to see like in Brawl. In my opinion, that's what makes Brawl such an easy game to get good at. On the flipside, that's what makes 3s so F-ing complicated. You have to memorize and learn the smallest of details for every situation, and if you don't then you're pretty much dead meat in a real match.

Everyone should go to Race's tournament this Friday/Saturday so we can further this discussion and play some 3s.

araknophobik

Smash Master
i used to play 3rd strike all the time inbetween classes at cal poly and always used to get rocked
i didn't have enough quarters to ever learn the game and beat people in MM's

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Show me this group of "everyone" that you think is good at Third Strike and have them play me. Being good in 3s is NOT easy lol. Try doing this combo in the corner (Ken): mp, hp, lp shoryukenxxjugglexxlp shoryuken. After this you'll see that even the basic combos require a TON of practice to master. Pretty much you have to master your controller/stick before you can even think about contending at a high level (and that's only like, 30% of it).

It's is probably one of the most difficult fighting games to learn. I've been playing for 4 years now and I'm still not good. In 3s not every little option/intricacy is right out there on the table for everyone to see like in Brawl. In my opinion, that's what makes Brawl such an easy game to get good at. On the flipside, that's what makes 3s so F-ing complicated. You have to memorize and learn the smallest of details for every situation, and if you don't then you're pretty much dead meat in a real match.

Everyone should go to Race's tournament this Friday/Saturday so we can further this discussion and play some 3s.
x10 that for GG lol

Kouryuu

Smash Champion

LOL @ anyone who thinks 3S is easy.

F*ckin Noobs!!!

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
wow, smash is like the easiest of all fighting games to me. I can NOT get that dam quarter circle down! =/

Grunt

Smash Master
I can only do reliable 1/4 circles in one direction on a controller.
mainly because the way your thumb is built.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
What's hard is verifying your attacks on whether they hit or not and following up accordingly in a split second all in the heat of battle. That's hard.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
m2k's logic is fail, he's really dumb for thinking sheik is the best character
He also thought that Falco was the best when he played Fox the most. Now that it's Marth, Sheik is. I think a lot of players have the same line of thinking. Mew2king can't really make a fair judgment until he tries using all Sheik against the best players in tournaments as frequently as he's used Fox/Marth. Nothing against him, but its impossible to judge until that point.

When it comes down to it, all the top chars are too good. Sheik is probably the best for low tiers though.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
What's hard is verifying your attacks on whether they hit or not and following up accordingly in a split second all in the heat of battle. That's hard.
actually i heard a lot of players try to read a hit confirmed attack ->super.
SOME actually do it by reaction like that, but there are only SOME guys who are godly at that game

Race

Smash Lord
Try doing this combo in the corner (Ken): mp, hp, lp shoryukenxxjugglexxlp shoryuken. After this you'll see that even the basic combos require a TON of practice to master..
I was doing this to plan 9 and friends all day at oxnard, hahaha It isa good combo though, lolz

How bout this (Hugo): Standing 720, Try this out kidz too me a good while to learn the execution

Dat's da truth!!!

MaNg0

Smash Hero
ugggg

im not in training mode

i have to play melee for a bit

then watch u play and watch

*** up alot

until i get mad and decide to train

you <333

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
no ****ing seriously tho
where did i leave my controller
its a brand new silver one that says ~SW~ faintly on the back
it might be at stevens house or at the oxnard venue....

i cant practice melee and its pissing me off please help

Top Bottom