• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I'm not very good at chaingrabbing heavy characters, either, but I think that the alternating dthrow CG is the easiest one to do on them.

@12: We can IC ditto at the next Melee tournament that people actually go to. Speaking of which, I think we should try to get a decent turnout for the S&C Melee tourney on the 13th.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
oh, are we talking about melee ic's?

i'm the sh*t at melee ic's i win matches without even grabbing, i can beat falcos with only grabs and ice blocks.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
they don't as long as the shiek doesn't get grabbed. shieks have so many separation moves and hardly any punishable lag time for any of them. but a grabbed sheik is a dead sheik.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
The matchup is even, boys.

Hm well actually no, P might be right... if the Sheik is really AMAZING. Some Sheiks are great players (Kira, P, norcal's own BTZO) but I'm sure a good enough IC player would be able to even up the matchup.

It's the really brilliant Sheik players who show that she tears up IC's pretty easily. Forward, PC really have *******ly good playstyles against IC's.

So yeah, maybe Sheik ***** IC's.

Then again a brilliant player like Chudat can even prove that wrong. But he ***** Marths, Foxes, and Peaches also, so he might just be the exception.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
You just linked an IC's match on Brinstar. That makes me sad inside. At least it was still a close match. Well-played Chu.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Dammit, mike, my ICs sucked in 2007. >_>

I think I should have more recent matches from Nexus up soon, though. ^_^

Anyways, Sheik is annoying, although I've gotten better at the match-up by playing P a lot.

RAQU

Smash Apprentice
Melee is and always will be a better game than brawl. There are more than 3 real combos and Link is actually has some good points in melee.

Put me up on that list. I need to get out into the community again.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
marth on link's hard, i have no idea how to play it

using sheik means i never had to learn how to actually beat low tiers =/

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Melee is and always will be a better game than brawl. There are more than 3 real combos and Link is actually has some good points in melee.

Put me up on that list. I need to get out into the community again.
yeah for sure man, we can always use more pot money.

Top Bottom