• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

Maverick69

Smash Ace
I dunno if anyone cares. But I would like to announce my entrance into the melee community. I'm pretty much done with brawl, I'll go to tournies with both and enter both if they happen, but my focus is now on melee. The rest of my crew is already here anyway so this place *****.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
^_^ I'ma try thats for sure. If I start going to smashfests i can get into this thing seriously. I just need a reason to invest my time. So have lots of em!!

indie_dave

Smash Ace
hello and happy new year's^_^

i'm visiting the OC (Irvine) from Hawaii this week and would love to meet you guys and play some MELEE

thanks Lovage and LumpyCPU for all the info!!

Lovage mentioned a tourney saturday and that there might potentially be some IRVINE ppl heading that way. if it'd be possible to kindly catch a ride with anybody that would be suuuuuper excellent...otherwise i will try and weasel my cousin into letting me use the car (i'm scared of cali roads tho) :V

hopefully i'll be around to play you guys this weekend! (how long i'm here is indeterminate.....i think i can stay as late as next week)

ALOHA
dave

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
hello and happy new year's^_^

i'm visiting the OC (Irvine) from Hawaii this week and would love to meet you guys and play some MELEE

thanks Lovage and LumpyCPU for all the info!!

Lovage mentioned a tourney saturday and that there might potentially be some IRVINE ppl heading that way. if it'd be possible to kindly catch a ride with anybody that would be suuuuuper excellent...otherwise i will try and weasel my cousin into letting me use the car (i'm scared of cali roads tho) :V

hopefully i'll be around to play you guys this weekend! (how long i'm here is indeterminate.....i think i can stay as late as next week)

ALOHA
dave
ask kira

i think his smash boards name is kira- (yes, with the dash)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
HAHHAHA
nice impression of your average texan.
i didn't know that's how they/you talk.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Man Kira mm me for a $1 to help me get better..freaking JV5 stock me so i can catch up to kevin because during connor's tournament, I wanted to play Melee so bad, it's like i want to take a **** feeling instead i want to play melee T__T

joeplicate

Smash Master
cheeeea

soon sgt fluffles and plan 9 are gonna ****
I have to bring this back to attention

plan 9 has been steppin it the **** up

and I am cautiously optimistic about fluffles ^_^

oh also:
any arcadians who would like to MM me for 2 or 3 or 5 dollars, I'll be more than glad to accept and give you pointers

the amount of money basically determines how hard I'll try against you and how much I'll try to analyze your game and give you good advice

I love helping people get better; even if I'm not a superb player in my own right, I'm very good at articulating problems and situations in the game. plus, I'm really interested in the process of getting good, so BOSSY BIWEEKLY LET'S DO THIS

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
I have to bring this back to attention

plan 9 has been steppin it the **** up

and I am cautiously optimistic about fluffles ^_^

oh also:
any arcadians who would like to MM me for 2 or 3 or 5 dollars, I'll be more than glad to accept and give you pointers

the amount of money basically determines how hard I'll try against you and how much I'll try to analyze your game and give you good advice

I love helping people get better; even if I'm not a superb player in my own right, I'm very good at articulating problems and situations in the game. plus, I'm really interested in the process of getting good, so BOSSY BIWEEKLY LET'S DO THIS
wow... we should've mm'd at wcsl. lol
so i could have gotten some of that articulate advice you speak so highly of.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
all i gotta say is, guys, if you're goign to try to help someone get good, SIMPLER IS BETTER

a lot of time noobs will get some simple *** advice and be like, "wtf? how does this help?"

but trust, you gotta make things easy on yourself. keep it simple.

Stay on the ground. stay on the ground. stay on the ground. when you're launched into the air, focus on getting back on the ground safely. not attacking. stay on the ground. the ground is your friend.

people, if you really want to help yourself, LEARN THE GAME. game knowledge is step one. you should know all the tricks your character has to offer. you should know what smash DI is and how to do it. etc. etc. the character-specific forums are normally pretty good at this. there are a LOT of things you can practice and learn yourself that go a long way. i can never respect people who swear they want to get SOOO much better but don't watch videos and don't go to the character specific forums and aren't caught up 100% on the metagame.

DJMirror

Smash Master
all i gotta say is, guys, if you're goign to try to help someone get good, SIMPLER IS BETTER

a lot of time noobs will get some simple *** advice and be like, "wtf? how does this help?"

but trust, you gotta make things easy on yourself. keep it simple.

Stay on the ground. stay on the ground. stay on the ground. when you're launched into the air, focus on getting back on the ground safely. not attacking. stay on the ground. the ground is your friend.

people, if you really want to help yourself, LEARN THE GAME. game knowledge is step one. you should know all the tricks your character has to offer. you should know what smash DI is and how to do it. etc. etc. the character-specific forums are normally pretty good at this. there are a LOT of things you can practice and learn yourself that go a long way. i can never respect people who swear they want to get SOOO much better but don't watch videos and don't go to the character specific forums and aren't caught up 100% on the metagame.
i get this alot from aznforce and kira

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
oh also:

I like the sound of this. :D
I would like in on it...so when I see you, maaaaaaaybe I'll do it. :p

joeplicate

Smash Master
ok

I was thinking more like aznforce level, where he's almost got tech skill down and could benefit from some specific advice

I'm always glad to help out, though, and it doesn't necessarily have to be a money match (especially if I feel like I'll just be taking your money and you won't get anything out of it)

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
ok

I was thinking more like aznforce level, where he's almost got tech skill down and could benefit from some specific advice

I'm always glad to help out, though, and it doesn't necessarily have to be a money match (especially if I feel like I'll just be taking your money and you won't get anything out of it)
lol...Is this possibly why you are RAPElicate?

bbb

Smash Champion
I'll take mms from arcadians aswell, maybe me and joe could do team mms, lol

idk I just love to play and could use as much practice as I can get

Top Bottom