• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

embracethe12

Smash Lord
the fact that the wombo combo was planned kinda kills it

happy birthday mango
why does everyone think this
as if m2k gimps aren't thoroughly practiced

everyone creates combos on computers and on their friends, but if you pull it off in tourney everyone will be like "hey thats cool" until you say, "yeah i've been working on it"
i dun get that logic.

happ b mango
you ***** <3

_
wow grunt did you make that
i remember doing that in like end of 9th grade.
it's called papercrafting.
sherigami if you wanna get good at something kinda like oragami, get good at that.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion

everyone creates combos on computers and on their friends, but if you pull it off in tourney everyone will be like "hey thats cool" until you say, "yeah i've been working on it"
i dun get that logic.

happ b mango
you ***** <3
It's because you still don't notice the small details that happen during 1 v 1 match. It's because of those small details why M2K deserves all the praise he gets. You can't really practice what M2K does... It's all CLUTCH (of course there are some exceptions)!

Kira-

Smash Champion
he found a way to block any and every attempt of recovering, that's pretty impressive to me. it's practical too; the wombo combo isn't exactly "practical" so it can only be praised because of how flashy it was, and in my opinion it lacked a certain punch. If SS predicted Zhu's DI and jumped out to falcon punch, i would've been thoroughly satisfied, but the knee was just too easy and obvious.

My standards can be pretty high though

except when it comes to tofu lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
dang sum ppl are gay lol

ppl resent its **** now but im sure yall wouldve cheered like "WHAT THE F***" when it happened

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
pretty sure this is the stupidest thing you ever said, like i don't even know where to begin

you can't practice gimps on computers so m2k practicing gimps is just playing vs really good players over and over. to that extent everything is "practiced" so your original point gets lost in translation.

it's 2v1. your opponent is a punching bag. how is this any cooler than shine pinballing someone and then usmashing for the kill or something? it's a team combo, you could practice a TON of different 2v1 combos because your opponent is helpless. you don't even have to practice, you could react to DI and just be in the right position and have a cool team combo. duh it's 2v1 wtf, the standard should be way way higher.

everyone creates combos on computers and on their friends
they do?

but if you pull it off in tourney everyone will be like "hey thats cool"
no they won't, it'd be gay because you assuredly missed out on something more effective or it's just a general combo we've seen before. i don't even know what you could possibly be referring to because there is no combo someone would practice on computers and unveil in tournament and get anyone to say, "wow, what a cool and original combo you worked on that looked great when you pulled it off in tournament."

i dun get that logic.
you just made up something that doesn't apply so of course you don't

If SS predicted Zhu's DI and jumped out to falcon punch, i would've been thoroughly satisfied, but the knee was just too easy and obvious.
QFT

dang sum ppl are gay lol
about as gay as judging people's reaction through the scope of your own

ppl resent its **** now but im sure yall wouldve cheered like "WHAT THE F***" when it happened
probably, but i would've forgot about it five seconds later at the start of the next match, not telling all my friends about this mind-blowing combo i saw. i wouldn't be making sigs of it and overrating the **** out of it.

joeplicate

Smash Master
dang sum ppl are gay lol

of course

but continuing to shout WTF all over the forums days afterwards....

well

edit: lol P trying to rebute choknater
as if he had a formal argument

embracethe12

Smash Lord
so P, you're saying it'd be good if it were more flashy?
considering the standard for a teams combo should be much higher
you and kira say you'd be thoroughly satisfied with a falcon punch at the end? lol

so 1 move stopped this combo from being over your "standard" for a team combo thats praiseworthy.

as far as i'm concerned a 0 - death overrides flashyness
which is what i thought was being argued
the fact that it was a 0 to death.

but continuing to shout WTF all over the forums days afterwards....
pretty sure thats just the combo takin it's course to everyone else who hasn't seen it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ah i see ur point joe

lol its all good P takes everythign seriously

its all good i beat him in friendlies a year ago

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
mmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggooooooooooo

happy birthday n_n

i'll hopefully be seeing you soon at that wcsl tourney that may or may not be horrible - regardless people will play melee and that'll be tight

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
edit: lol P trying to rebute choknater
as if he had a formal argument
he was being serious in the sense of "i mean what i am saying," so i respond to it because i, too, have something to say. i don't need a "formal argument" to respond to; if someone believes what they're saying and i think they're wrong, then i'm gonna speak up and tell them so and why.

i just leave it up to you guys to guess whether it's serious or not, to me it's all the same

so P, you're saying it'd be good if it were more flashy?
considering the standard for a teams combo should be much higher
you and kira say you'd be thoroughly satisfied with a falcon punch at the end? lol

so 1 move stopped this combo from being over your "standard" for a team combo thats praiseworthy.
stop being a noob. i guess you need some help:

If SS predicted Zhu's DI and jumped out to falcon punch
so in other words, if it wasn't rehearsed and actually had a bit of reaction time and on-the-fly creativity (which is what makes a good combo good, gee who woulda thunk it), i would've liked it more. maybe you should stop and think why i would consider that impressive before you spout off a mouthy reply and look dumb.

as far as i'm concerned a 0 - death overrides flashyness
which is what i thought was being argued
the fact that it was a 0 to death.
why are zero to deaths so desirable? because there is immense value in taking the life. but in a 2v1 95% of the time you are going to win, and 100 percent of the time when you're up by four stocks and get a grab. you're 0 to deathing a punching bag, it's not the same.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i already know not to argue

either because your smart

or because u are dum / ignorant

either way theres no point

neighborhoodp-nis

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
you don't need to be unpredictable with sheik

all you have to do is stay on the ground and dash attack intelligently

if you just play intelligently in general you never get too repetitive because you're punishing opens when they're there and protecting yourself and waiting when they aren't

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
here's how u do it

run up, short hop, reverse needle cancel, bair

protip: just watch kdj vids and u realize "wow, if i do stupid stuff, it will work"

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
actually im not joking lol, u can't really "teach" randomness u kinda just have to feel it. playing kfc is so weird, he bases his style around "what's the dumbest thing to do right now?" literally

LuCKy

Smash Master
PrrettyMango69 (12:38:01 PM): lets play brawl =(

n btw . . if there was a norcal vs socal would we not have joe? O.o

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
there are exceptions to any rule. just because it works for some people does not mean it's something to be copied, especially when they're way way better players than you. also it's not like kdj is throwing out random stuff; notice how precise he is.

Top Bottom