• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, You're a Player too...? Neku Sakuraba for Smash Switch! [FINAL REMIX FOR SWITCH UPCOMING!]

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If we get a third pass, and they decide to throw in a fourth S-E character, I have no doubt it’ll be Neku as TWEWY NEO will be recent at that point. Maybe with a Rindou alt

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don’t think we know enough about rindou to claim he’d work as an alt
If NEO uses pins for attacks and Rindou’s around the same height and proportions as Neku he should be fine

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice

So there's a newer trailer for the OP of the anime...and I can't wait for the full version to be released...April needs to hurry

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

So there's a newer trailer for the OP of the anime...and I can't wait for the full version to be released...April needs to hurry
I hope for the English dub they bring back the original game’s cast like they (Funimation, who’s handling this and the Neptunia anime) did for the latter mentioned anime

Paraster

Smash Lord
If we get a third pass, and they decide to throw in a fourth S-E character, I have no doubt it’ll be Neku as TWEWY NEO will be recent at that point. Maybe with a Rindou alt
That's the golden scenario, but honestly, I'd be happy with a TWEWY Spirit Board event in summer. (Maybe the spirits could be Neku, Rindo, and Sho, with Neku and Rindo having backup fighters based on their partners.

Paraster

Smash Lord
This trailer is rendered in a 2D anime/manga/comic book artstyle, most notably with characters being represented by multiple still images of various poses.
Joker wakes up, finding himself lying on the ground in Shibuya's Scramble Crossing and clad in his school uniform.
People are walking around him, but nobody can see him.
After a few moments, Joker sees a strange sight--red-and-black symbols, resembling a cross between a skull and the Smash Ball, floating in midair.
The symbols warp, transforming into bizarre, off-color, jagged versions of Smash fighters. Joker is taken aback; no one else seems to notice.
The fake fighters start to attack, and Joker is only narrowly able to dodge.
In desperation, Joker reaches to his glasses to try and unmask, but someone calls out. Joker turns to see someone running towards him, a figure in purple.
The figure leaps over Joker's head and summons fire in front of his hand, lashing it out at the fake fighters, causing them to explode into TV static and disappear.
The figure turns to Joker.
Neku Makes Some Noise!
<insert random gameplay, showing off Neku's flashy elemental and psychokinetic attacks, as well as his stage, which goes from the Scramble Crossing to a mural in Udagawa to an ominous underground bar with static effects>
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x The World Ends With You
Neku reveal trailer concept.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's the golden scenario, but honestly, I'd be happy with a TWEWY Spirit Board event in summer. (Maybe the spirits could be Neku, Rindo, and Sho, with Neku and Rindo having backup fighters based on their partners.
I wouldn't mind it myself. If the Seven Squares theory is true and Neku/Rindo really wasn't in consideration, then I could see this happen.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Bravely Default II is the next Spirit Event massacre

we had two whole ass S-E spirit events before Sephiroth and that didn’t rule him out especially since we had two S-E characters beforehand

I’m just saying... what if they double dip... 🤔 probably not but if a third pass happens I’m even more confident now cause the competition’s thinning and at this point Neku’s only competitors are Crono, Lara and 2B

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey so

you know that dashing through projectiles/grazing glitch

many believe it points to Reimu from Touhou cause of the grazing mechanic but I also just realized

Neku can “dash” through projectile attacks too...

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice

So we'll finally get more information on Neo: The World Ends With You on April 9th (which is also when the anime premieres I believe)

Also Neo takes place three years after the anime, not the game

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

So we'll finally get more information on Neo: The World Ends With You on April 9th (which is also when the anime premieres I believe)

curious

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
its looking awesome but man i hope we can swap out math brain at some point, that guys the worst

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I can't believe I never knew this earlier.

EDIT: Never mind.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Assuming that NEO won't be a Balan-level bomb, it should at the very least get a spirit event to punctuate its release. Out of every other company, Square-Enix has consistently gotten those as soon as possible.

I can't believe I never knew this earlier.

EDIT: Never mind.
Between this and the Nier Automata DLC CEO boss fights, they sure like inserting company representatives in their games nowadays.

Classic Nomura, I bet the anime will have vital information that comes into play for NEO.

Last edited:

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
Assuming that NEO won't be a Balan-level bomb, it should at the very least get a spirit event to punctuate its release. Out of every other company, Square-Enix has consistently gotten those as soon as possible.

Between this and the Nier Automata DLC CEO boss fights, they sure like inserting company representatives in their games nowadays.

Classic Nomura, I bet the anime will have vital information that comes into play for NEO.
I think I read it takes places after the anime is cause the three years wouldn't make sense using the more advanced phones or something like that...I need to read that again...but I wouldn't be surprised if it ties more into NEO with more information

Oh and the first episode is available on Funimation now, so far im really enjoying it...though the Opening was changed due to the drummer from ALI getting arrested due to some "scandal" or something like that

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I always assumed the anime would have a few new things that will tie with NEO, so that's why they're saying the game is a sequel to the anime.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The scandal isn't mentioned but considering Japan's culture it might be drugs related.

Anyway I saw the new trailer and I really like how the game seems to be mostly voiced, TWEWY was groundbreaking for the voice acting on the DS right?

Also, goddamn they really hyping up Neku and the whole crew battles thing sounds really interesting to me, can't ****ing wait for July.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
hang on when is the anime out and how many episodes? cause wont it still be on going by the end of july? surely this just means the anime will follow the same plot as the first game and neo follows on from there rather than be part of specific canon?

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
hang on when is the anime out and how many episodes? cause wont it still be on going by the end of july? surely this just means the anime will follow the same plot as the first game and neo follows on from there rather than be part of specific canon?
The first episode aired yesterday, and I'm not sure if they said how many episodes (unless that was something I missed)

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Top Bottom