• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So, You're a Player too...? Neku Sakuraba for Smash Switch! [FINAL REMIX FOR SWITCH UPCOMING!]

Franauts

Smash Cadet
I'm excited, just yesterday Funimation confirmed that the anime will be dubbed in my language, apparently in my country (Mexico), not many anime are dubbed into Spanish, there are very few, just popular things like Dr. Stone or My Hero Academia, but TWEWY? It is a very unknown game. It seems Square Enix wants the franchise to be popular. I wanted to ask.... did you guys also get an English dub with Jesse David Corti? The spanish dub is supposedly coming today.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
TWEWY interview

SNEKeater

Smash Master
That opening was amazing. The song, the visuals... I really liked it.

I'm still very sure that (personal theory of mine)
Minamimoto is going to be a temporal party member or something. There's a clear focus on Rindo, Fret and Nagi, which is strange because Sho is also a party member, so you would expect them to make him share the spotlight with the others.
Also in some previous screenshots they shared he had considerably higher stats in comparison to the other party members, so something is iffy here. I'm feeling that for reasons he will leave the party at some point, and then another character will join Rindo and the others.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Minamimoto is going to be a temporal party member or something. There's a clear focus on Rindo, Fret and Nagi, which is strange because Sho is also a party member, so you would expect them to make him share the spotlight with the others.
Also in some previous screenshots they shared he had considerably higher stats in comparison to the other party members, so something is iffy here. I'm feeling that for reasons he will leave the party at some point, and then another character will join Rindo and the others.
what if that other character that joins later... is Neku?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
what if that other character that joins later... is Neku?
Yeah I thought about that as well.
That would be a cool move. I could see it happening, but now that I think about it fighting Neku at some point would be also a cool moment, so maybe fight him because reasons, then he joins the party?

Or maybe it's Shoka who is going to join Rindo, she's the other girl that appears in the cover, which is curious because she's one of the multiple reapers in the game, so unless she has a very big role in the story her presence in the cover is kinda sus IMO

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

i hope so

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Previews for NEO: TWEWY are dropping and so far looks very promising.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

It seems like the previews are based on the PS4 version of the game, which runs at solid 60fps. Nothing about the Switch version, which kinda worries me because I'm not sure the game will have the best performance there.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Pretty much. Participants in the thread nominate characters to discuss, and characters that get enough are scheduled to get a day (or more) to just talk about everything relevant to them.
i meant the actual neku thread

Flyboy

Smash Hero
i meant the actual neku thread
Well, yes, if Neku is being discussed in something like RTC or CET, it stands to reason that it would be of interest to people who follow the Neku thread and therefore it makes sense to advertise this fact to people here.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, yes, if Neku is being discussed in something like RTC or CET, it stands to reason that it would be of interest to people who follow the Neku thread and therefore it makes sense to advertise this fact to people here.
but why have a separate thread abut discussing different characters when each of their own threads do that?

Paraster

Smash Lord
but why have a separate thread abut discussing different characters when each of their own threads do that?
It's meant for people to discuss many different characters (it changes characters each day, remember) so that fans can toss out their ideas and non-fans can have their horizons expanded.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's meant for people to discuss many different characters (it changes characters each day, remember) so that fans can toss out their ideas and non-fans can have their horizons expanded.
but that’s what the support threads are for

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Support threads are dedicated to one single character and are usually, if not always, populated only by fans.

The exploration thread discusses many different characters to create discussion between both fans and non-fans.
isn’t that what RTC is for?

edit: can we stop now I feel like we’re going in circles

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
isn’t that what RTC is for?

edit: can we stop now I feel like we’re going in circles
RTC is for rating them on their chances, Exploration is to get to know the characters completely ignoring how likely a character may be, it's too late now as Neku's day ended but the idea is to learn about a character and maybe get a new potential favourite. It even worked as somebody in the thread who was unfamiliar now wants to buy TWEWY as they're curious and interested

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
RTC is for rating them on their chances, Exploration is to get to know the characters completely ignoring how likely a character may be, it's too late now as Neku's day ended but the idea is to learn about a character and maybe get a new potential favourite. It even worked as somebody in the thread who was unfamiliar now wants to buy TWEWY as they're curious and interested
so thats a no then we cant move on?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
so anyone given the demo a go?
I did.
Very fun. I had some doubts about the battle system but playing it instead of watching it in a video is completely different. The demo covers the first two days of the story so things are easy and the game is just introducing things but I can totally see potential with the combat once you have more party members and pins.

Music, presentation and visual recreation in 3D are 10/10 for me.

Truly excited for the game.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I did.
Very fun. I had some doubts about the battle system but playing it instead of watching it in a video is completely different. The demo covers the first two days of the story so things are easy and the game is just introducing things but I can totally see potential with the combat once you have more party members and pins.

Music, presentation and visual recreation in 3D are 10/10 for me.

Truly excited for the game.
all that is good to know

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Here's a NEO Spirit Event I did for fun:
Rindo.png Rindo (NEO: The World Ends with You)
Class: ★★★
Type: Support (Shield)
Cost: ⬡⬡
Effect: Critical-Health Healing
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultsheik: (Color 7)
  • Stage: Mementos
  • Music Track: Beneath the Mask
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Items:
    • Franklin Badge
    • Screw Attack
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy's physical attacks have increased power
    • The enemy is easily distracted by items
    • The enemy heals significantly when badly damaged
Fret.png Fret (NEO: The World Ends with You)
Class: ★★
Type: Support (Grab)
Cost: ⬡⬡⬡
Effect: Ore Club Equipped
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultlucas: (Color 6)
  • Stage: Battlefield Mementos
  • Music Track: Mass Destruction
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy's PSI attacks have increased power
    • Hostile Assist Trophies (Dr. Kawashima)
Nagi.png Nagi (NEO: The World Ends with You)
Type: Support (Attack)
Effect: KO's Heal Damage
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultjokeralt:(Color 8)
    • Reinforcement to :ultgnw:x10 (default)
  • Music Track: Aria of the Soul
  • Conditions:
    • Defeat an army of fighters
    • The enemy has increased attack power
    • Reinforcements appear after the enemy is defeated
Sho Minamimoto.png Sho Minamimoto (NEO: The World Ends with You)
Class: ★★★★
Type: Primary (Attack)
Slots: ⬡⬡⬡
Effect: Shooting Items
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultwolf:(Color 7)
    • Minions: :ultgreninja:x2 (Color 7)
  • Stage: :npc: Ω
  • Music Track: Rivers in the Desert
  • Conditions:
    • Defeat the main fighter to win
    • The enemy (:ultwolf:) starts the battle with an enhanced Ray Gun
      • ...And favors neutral specials

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Here's a NEO Spirit Event I did for fun:
View attachment 321357Rindo (NEO: The World Ends with You)
Class: ★★★
Type: Support (Shield)
Effect: Critical-Health Healing
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultsheik: (Color 7)
  • Music Track: Beneath the Mask
  • Items:
    • Franklin Badge
    • Screw Attack
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy's physical attacks have increased power
    • The enemy is easily distracted by items
    • The enemy heals significantly when badly damaged
View attachment 321354Fret (NEO: The World Ends with You)
Type: Support (Grab)
Cost: ⬡⬡⬡
Effect: Ore Club Equipped
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultlucas: (Color 6)
  • Stage: Battlefield Mementos
  • Music Track: Mass Destruction
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy's PSI attacks have increased power
View attachment 321355Nagi (NEO: The World Ends with You)
Type: Support (Attack)
Effect: KO's Heal Damage
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultjokeralt:(Color 8)
    • Reinforcement to :ultgnw:x10 (default)
  • Music Track: Aria of the Soul
  • Conditions:
    • Defeat an army of fighters
    • The enemy has increased attack power
    • Reinforcements appear after the enemy is defeated
View attachment 321358Sho Minamimoto (NEO: The World Ends with You)
Class: ★★★★
Type: Primary (Attack)
Slots: ⬡⬡⬡
Effect: Shooting Items
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultwolf:(Color 7)
    • Minions: :ultgreninja:x2 (Color 7)
  • Stage: :npc: Ω
  • Music Track: Rivers in the Desert
  • Conditions:
    • Defeat the main fighter to win
    • The enemy (:ultwolf:) starts the battle with an enhanced Ray Gun
      • ...And favors neutral specials
I'd be cool with this
But skipping Neku would be a crime IMO, but they would probably just focus on the characters that have been appearing the most in the promotion of NEO

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I played the demo and I'm very much excited, it hits all the vibes the original did, the combat feels weird at first but when you get the hang of it then it flows very well, Rindo's a very different character from Neku which caught me offguard as Rindo gives the feeling he's just an average kid. My one issue shows up during the second day, Fret's Remind ability, which feels very finicky to activate. Now I'm struggling to pick what I want to play first, this or GAA

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I don't know if someone else is playing NEO right now, but I'm enjoying it a lot

Like it totally encapsulates the feeling and everything from the first game, with of course new things, ideas and mechanics, and it feels great. The combat is really fun and the pin variety helps to create very cool situations, once you start to learn about the different pins, start unlocking new ones and other abilities that help you in battle, and more, it's very very fun. Definitely better than the combat in the Switch version of the OG TWEWY (I haven't played the DS version)

Characters are awesome and the story is quite interesting. I've just arrived at a certain plot twist that I kinda anticipated but not in this way lol

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't know if someone else is playing NEO right now, but I'm enjoying it a lot

Like it totally encapsulates the feeling and everything from the first game, with of course new things, ideas and mechanics, and it feels great. The combat is really fun and the pin variety helps to create very cool situations, once you start to learn about the different pins, start unlocking new ones and other abilities that help you in battle, and more, it's very very fun. Definitely better than the combat in the Switch version of the OG TWEWY (I haven't played the DS version)

Characters are awesome and the story is quite interesting. I've just arrived at a certain plot twist that I kinda anticipated but not in this way lol
it is awesome

Paraster

Smash Lord
Finished NEO. Part 2 and part 3 of my live thoughts. LOTS of spoilers.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go watch YTPs and Owl House reaction videos until I'm emotionally stable enough to get to sleep.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Got a couple questions about the pre order bonuses

I pre ordered from the Square Enix store

is there some code I gotta put in for the bonuses or what? Or will it automatically associate the bonuses with my game whenever I do a new game or whatever? Like is there anything I need to do?

nvm, the code was in my invoice

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I started the game proper 2 days ago as I P
prioritized GAA but I must say, even though I'm only on Day 4, I'm very impressed, there's a bunch of small things that helps give the game more personality like the first game, but what I especially like are A: Fret spouting modern day memes and slang because while it can easily make the game dated, it does properly encapsulate the modern day era like how the original did, but I also like the revamped food and Bravery mechanics, food because by giving every character different tastes, they feel just a tad more fleshed out and Bravery is now Style, meaning you can have a character wear everything in terms of clothing, but the added ability only applies if you have the style to pull it off, I really liked how the first game was surprisively progressive by having women's clothing be locked behind a stat with some items in particular being implied to be stuff Neku regularly enjoys wearing so seeing this come back and better than before is nice.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Yeah they streamlined some features here for the better, IMO. The food system is definitely 100 times better as it is in Neo.

Last night I finished the story and dude what a wild ride. I really liked the ending. Such a cool game.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
how is everyone getting along with neo? i think im near the end

neku is back!! as he brought himself a great alt for smash. the gangs nearly all here

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Question for those who beat the game, how long is it? I ask because I'm making the game take longer but my progress so far is
I'm almost done with week 2 day 4, I assume there's only 3 weeks like the original but I'd like to know just in case

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Question for those who beat the game, how long is it? I ask because I'm making the game take longer but my progress so far is
I'm almost done with week 2 day 4, I assume there's only 3 weeks like the original but I'd like to know just in case

Paraster

Smash Lord
3 weeks, like fogbadge said. Playing from afternoon to 10-11 PM, only really taking breaks for dinner, I completed one week per day.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
I finished the story of NEO: TWEWY last night, and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH that was so good. It's easily toppled Persona 5 Strikers as my current game of the year. I will be playing the Great Ace Attorney Chronicles soon, though, so that'll be some strong competition.

The original is one of my favorite games, if not my favorite, so I'm so glad that NEO was able to capture what made the original so great and build on it. I'll probably go back and do some post-game stuff, collect Pig Noise, build out the bonding tree, and so on -- I'm not ready to move on from this game yet lol

Not a big plot spoiler, but one thing I found really funny:
When Sho offhandedly greeted Coco by saying "Zero seven seven three four" out loud, I had to stop the auto-advance for a sec because I was laughing too hard

Top Bottom